Tell me why Wisconsin, Michigan, and UNC...

Agree to disagree on that one. I think Cincy is superior to app. And notre Dame is overrated this year heavily after all they lost. App state may be getting solid votes based upon who they play but they don't have the talent to compete in my opinion. Maybe I'm biased living in the area and seeing the competition they played I don't see them being much of a battle for us

I don't think they have the talent to compete either, WTF are you saying. I never said we were going to lose to them, I said they are a tougher game than Cincy.
I'm saying they are not tougher than Cincy dumbass

Develop a stronger argument then because your current one is garbage.
I don't have to do anything ha. It is my opinion that we will have an easier time against app no matter where it's played than we did against Cincy. Notre Dame is going to be a tough one for sure but they lost a lot and they are not deserving of bring top ten in MY OPINION.

I am not sure what that last statement is so hard for you to comprehend, it is a relatively easy word than many of us learn early on. I am not saying you're wrong, I am saying that I believe it will be easier. We will know for sure when we start out 3-0 winning by 30 points a game and beat notre Dame on the road in South bend

I think we'll have an easier time against App State too, but that's more of a reflection on Richt than on the quality of the teams. I think we'd blow out Cincy with Richt, and I think we'd lose to App State with Golden.

Even if Notre Dame is overrated, they're still light years ahead of Nebraska.

Advertisement
So which overall schedule is tougher than? At App St and at Notre Dame, or at Cincy and home against Nebraska?

Who cares about "overall?" We're not playing an amalgamation of those teams. ND is better than Nebraska. And Cincy is better than App Store.

Our OOC schedule this year, aside from ND, is historically weak. And our conference schedule is also weak.

I'm not sure that 8 months has been enough time for Richt to beat the dust out of the old rug that UM football has become.

Chise we're winning a minimum of 10 games.

We're beating FSU this year. UNC is a home game and I'm leaning our way on this one....but will the kids be too emotionally drained after beating FSU? I don't know....

Va Tech is the scariest game on the schedule from a timeframe/location standpoint. Short week and a Thursday in Blackburg? No bueno but we can win....

The level of puss on this site is palpable.

If we're not 4-0 rolling into FSU (I believe we will win all of those games by double digits) Richt will never win here. 4-0. Do it.

We're winning ten games, we're going to crush App State (are you people serious?), BK is going to have a great year because he's a stud with a real HC/OC, the d-line will terrorize people, the guy playing opposite Coley will shine, there's not a LB or Safety in the country that can deal with Njoku.

A good d-line and smart QB play can neutralize some of our deficiencies

Act like some **** Cane fans and believe

Advertisement
National media is tending to underrate Miami because all they see is 8-5 last year, new coach this year. They all tend to agree that Richt can turn the team around but they don't realize the talent that's already on hand here. They think it's going to take two or three years to make Miami competitive again. Nevermind the fact that Miami's recruiting classes have been consensus top 25 classes for a majority of the last 5 years. Even when the team was struggling, Fat Al was able to swindle a handful of talented kids into coming to Coral Gables. This is not a full on re-build. The foundation is there for a good if not great team already.

...can win 10+ games last year but we can't expect 10 here.

Wisconsin was on its 3rd HC in 4 years. First year HC. No QB. Zero passing threat. P5 conference. 10 wins.

New HC at Michigan. Bad QB that Iowa dumped. Coming off a 5 win season. They won 10.

UNC was engulfed in NCAA ****. Coming off a 7 or 8 win season. Embattled HC. They win 11.

Poor mouthers, tell me why UM can't expect to do at least as well as sorry *** Wisconsin.

Im going to regret this...

You make excellent compare/contrasts...Wis, Mich, and UNC...did have good rebound seasons when viewed against their previous...

With that said however, Miami is not any of those teams, that plays any of those schedules.

Bringing in talent like Richt and staff for Y1 will go a long way to put to rest the debate "were Golden and staff that awful", "were the players that awful (OL yes)", or was it a combination of both?

Ive been in the camp that leans towards Golden being awful, but there was a component of the players being sub-par too. If (and I firmly believe yes) Richt is as good as advertised, his leadership and organizarional.design will elevate the play with the talent on today's roster. That will buy time to get the right talent to take the Canes even further.

It is entirely possible for Miami to go undefeated in 2016...absolutely. Its also entirely possibly to lose 3-4 games just due to a key injury.

The state of the program is "show me". What have they shown since 2001 on a consistent basis?

No point is speculating...but what happens to Miami if Mark Richt is hired to replace the just departed Butch Davis???

10 wins in the regular season is achievable...even more so adding a ACCCG and bowl appearance...they just have to show the fans for at least one season that it can ne done.

Go Canes.

So which overall schedule is tougher than? At App St and at Notre Dame, or at Cincy and home against Nebraska?

Who cares about "overall?" We're not playing an amalgamation of those teams. ND is better than Nebraska. And Cincy is better than App Store.

Our OOC schedule this year, aside from ND, is historically weak. And our conference schedule is also weak.

Because that's the argument we're having. Are you saying that playing the #10 team and the #40 team in the country is similar to playing the #38 and #39 teams?

Furthermore, the overall consensus on here that Cincinnati (playing without Kiel) is unequivocally a tougher draw than App St is just crazy. Just ******* nuts.

^this

Not to mention the scheduling of these weak teams favors us dramatically. We get to run through these three cream puffs before facing real competition.

Advertisement
...can win 10+ games last year but we can't expect 10 here.

Wisconsin was on its 3rd HC in 4 years. First year HC. No QB. Zero passing threat. P5 conference. 10 wins.

New HC at Michigan. Bad QB that Iowa dumped. Coming off a 5 win season. They won 10.

UNC was engulfed in NCAA ****. Coming off a 7 or 8 win season. Embattled HC. They win 11.

Poor mouthers, tell me why UM can't expect to do at least as well as sorry *** Wisconsin.

You, me, and I believe ThomasM are the only three hollaring this same ****! Agree 100%

Golden and Onofrio has these guys shook.

We should've won 10 LAST year with shatty coaching!

This year we bring back a far more mature, more experienced and dynamic squad with FAAAR better coaching. Plus, we have playmakers on both sides of the ball, and game-changers at key positions

I'm on record. We are making a playoff run THIS year. We will be in the mix in December.

I feel good about this team.

I really don't understand reporters picking us at 8 wins. We lost Scott, Burns and Bush. That's it. We won 4 games last year with a TE coach and they see no improvement? Sure they say we'll be better and then still pick 8 games. Looking at you Porter.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Makes no sense to me how anyone who calls himself a football fan or reporter could go into this season expecting us to have the same record we had last year.

Not only were we coachless for half the season, but the toxicity surrounding the program was unprecedented in history. The players were completely beat down and unmotivated by the circus that UM had allowed to continue.

We have one of the best QBs in college football, yet no one wants to account for that huge advantage.

Preach! Hallelujah!

Because that's the argument we're having. Are you saying that playing the #10 team and the #40 team in the country is similar to playing the #38 and #39 teams?

Furthermore, the overall consensus on here that Cincinnati (playing without Kiel) is unequivocally a tougher draw than App St is just crazy. Just ******* nuts.

That's not the argument I'm having. I don't treat games as groups. I look at each one separately because we're not playing against ND and App Store together. They're separate teams and separate games. One game we should clearly win, and the other we'll be the underdog. Pretty simple stuff.

As for Cincy, you mean playing against the same QB who beat out Kiel for the starting job this year and was lights out at times last year?

If you told me right now we will have no key injuries in 2016- I put money on a 10 win regular season . That will be the key with the lack of depth we still have.

Advertisement

That's not the argument I'm having. I don't treat games as groups. I look at each one separately because we're not playing against ND and App Store together. They're separate teams and separate games. One game we should clearly win, and the other we'll be the underdog. Pretty simple stuff.

As for Cincy, you mean playing against the same QB who beat out Kiel for the starting job this year and was lights out at times last year?

Ok, so you do you view that as being the same then, got it.

I'm talking about the guy that threw 1 TD and 5 picks against USF and SDSU in blowout losses. Same guy? Cool.

Our offense this year is way way better than Michigans last year, only reason they won 10 was they had a easy schedule, dominant defense (they posted 3 straight shutouts in a row and a mistake free quarterback who was like Alex Smith. We stay healthy this year and I KNOW well beat ND and FSU, UNC will be more of a game this year and we can easily we 10. At the worst we get to 10 by going 9-3 and winning our bowl for 10-3.

As always GO CANES!

Advertisement
3-0 September (FAMU,FAU,APP)
3-2 October
4-0 November (UVA,Duke, NCst, Pitt)

10-2

Miami 35 - App St. 7. This is the game when people will say, "oh ****".
Nobody will care if we blow out App State. That's why it's terrible scheduling. Nothing for winning but if you struggle then you look stupid

KCF...

Correct...the first x3 contests are traps. Win, and everyone says "of course". Pass a squeeker and its "uh oh". Lose and its armageddon.

Will be encouraging to see the Canes dismantle, crush, and dominate the opponents in Sep...

Miami 35 - App St. 7. This is the game when people will say, "oh ****".
Nobody will care if we blow out App State. That's why it's terrible scheduling. Nothing for winning but if you struggle then you look stupid
It's awesome scheduling. We have a new offense and defense being implemented and many freshman playing. We're given three warm up games to get better before conference play

Advertisement
Back