Tell me why Wisconsin, Michigan, and UNC...

...can win 10+ games last year but we can't expect 10 here.

Wisconsin was on its 3rd HC in 4 years. First year HC. No QB. Zero passing threat. P5 conference. 10 wins.

New HC at Michigan. Bad QB that Iowa dumped. Coming off a 5 win season. They won 10.

UNC was engulfed in NCAA ****. Coming off a 7 or 8 win season. Embattled HC. They win 11.

Poor mouthers, tell me why UM can't expect to do at least as well as sorry *** Wisconsin.

you want to know about unc, that was butch's team according to the banana posters here :monkey-serious:

Advertisement
...not every scenario where we make the ACCCG and win a bowl game can be considered a success...

You bring up a good point...but only to a point though...

What are this season's objectives* for the team? I believe its been reported "win the ACCCD".

What are fans' expectations for this season? Its all over--delusional undefeated NC or bust to the clubbed baby harp seals wailing 7 wins because AQM, Grace, and Young are gone. Thats a big gap..and neither camp or anyone in between, can see the other's perspective...so we have yelling and screaming from keyboard tough guys of all types pounding there chests with "ghey", "facqit", "******", et al...productive right hiding behind an LCD screen...

I think most posters have a general consensus for Y1 to beat FSU and win the ACCCD and come through unscathed without career ending injuries to key players.

It all really comes down to what "success" looks like to the team (required) and not so much the look for fans (nice, but not required).

Some will scream "undefeated and Ws by no less than 30pts each game"...you will.be disappointed if thats your mark...some will go full baby harp seal and see only 7 wins (or less) for this season...barring unforseen catastrophe you too will be disappointed...

Its all in perspective, realistic to delusional.

Go Canes.

*that popping sound you are hearing is the exploding heads of the corch, croot, porster crowd...thy number is legion

**Im still waiting for my blue lot invite...what a joke

Winning the coastal is a bear minimum threshold, not a standard.

It's probably some lame *** **** Golden read in a self-help book for pussies, "under promise and over deliver."

We could go 7-7 with 7 blow out losses and win the coastal. Why do we need arbitrary metrics? Why not just watch the team and see if they're any good? And what exactly is wrong with wanting and expecting your team to win? It looks like the excuse making has already started and the dude hasn't coached a single minute of a game yet.

only because we have no one to replace him really. But imagine instead of having Kaaya we just had an average QB instead. **** even if allison was starting everyone would be saying something like "yeah but we have pretty much everyone on Offense returning."

Well we don't so why does it matter?
What an unbelievably infantile comment. What if we didn't have Kaaya? What the fck does that even mean? What if New England didn't have Tom Brady or the Colts and Broncos didn't have Peyton Manning or Auburn didn't have Cam Newton or FSU didn't have Jameis?

You fcking retards are supposed to have swag and be c0cky. Watch that kid Sean on Born This Way. He'll show you some ****** swag.

Swag? I settle for signs of cognitive ability.

only because we have no one to replace him really. But imagine instead of having Kaaya we just had an average QB instead. **** even if allison was starting everyone would be saying something like "yeah but we have pretty much everyone on Offense returning."

What an unbelievably infantile comment. What if we didn't have Kaaya? What the fck does that even mean? What if New England didn't have Tom Brady or the Colts and Broncos didn't have Peyton Manning or Auburn didn't have Cam Newton or FSU didn't have Jameis?

You fcking retards are supposed to have swag and be c0cky. Watch that kid Sean on Born This Way. He'll show you some ****** swag.

I gave up on hoping for signs of cognitive function from some of these dolts a long time ago. I'm just hoping they can muster some ****** swag, which is something they're supposedly known for.

I gave up on hoping for signs of cognitive function from some of these dolts a long time ago. I'm just hoping they can muster some ****** swag, which is something they're supposedly known for.

Yeah but aren't you curious what it would be like without Kaaya?

Advertisement
...not every scenario where we make the ACCCG and win a bowl game can be considered a success...

You bring up a good point...but only to a point though...

What are this season's objectives* for the team? I believe its been reported "win the ACCCD".

What are fans' expectations for this season? Its all over--delusional undefeated NC or bust to the clubbed baby harp seals wailing 7 wins because AQM, Grace, and Young are gone. Thats a big gap..and neither camp or anyone in between, can see the other's perspective...so we have yelling and screaming from keyboard tough guys of all types pounding there chests with "ghey", "facqit", "******", et al...productive right hiding behind an LCD screen...

I think most posters have a general consensus for Y1 to beat FSU and win the ACCCD and come through unscathed without career ending injuries to key players.

It all really comes down to what "success" looks like to the team (required) and not so much the look for fans (nice, but not required).

Some will scream "undefeated and Ws by no less than 30pts each game"...you will.be disappointed if thats your mark...some will go full baby harp seal and see only 7 wins (or less) for this season...barring unforseen catastrophe you too will be disappointed...

Its all in perspective, realistic to delusional.

Go Canes.

*that popping sound you are hearing is the exploding heads of the corch, croot, porster crowd...thy number is legion

**Im still waiting for my blue lot invite...what a joke

Winning the coastal is a bear minimum threshold, not a standard.

It's probably some lame *** **** Golden read in a self-help book for pussies, "under promise and over deliver."

We could go 7-7 with 7 blow out losses and win the coastal. Why do we need arbitrary metrics? Why not just watch the team and see if they're any good? And what exactly is wrong with wanting and expecting your team to win? It looks like the excuse making has already started and the dude hasn't coached a single minute of a game yet.

We could very well win ten games and not win the coastal. UNC schedule is very manageable. ***** the coastal, I'll take beating FSU and getting to ten wins rather than winning that.

...Winning the coastal is a bear minimum threshold, not a standard...

We could go 7-7 with 7 blow out losses and win the coastal. Why do we need arbitrary metrics?...

Why not just watch the team and see if they're any good? And what exactly is wrong with wanting and expecting your team to win?

Winning the ACCCD every year isnt a threshold (a starting or trigger point), its the Hurricanes' standard...the given expectation, that they have yet to live up to...Im thinking Richt and staff are on the path returning to standard...

Theoretically (too lazy to run the permutations) the squad could go "7-7" and win the ACCCD...on what planet that happens Im not aware...regardless...winning the ACCCD with any other season losses, while disappointing for sure, still doesnt directly impact that objective...and any organization that demands excellence and "winning" simply cant function effectively without metrics...if you cant measure something, it cant be improved...

Winning the ACCCD gets the Canes another game to get the program in addition to a bowl.

100% agree Brother OTFF...its great as a fan to be excited to watch Hurricane football again...there is nothing wrong with wanting or expecting the team to win...either with/without realistic expectations...keep on keepping on!

Go Canes.

Last edited:
I don't like placing arbitrary goals like "win the coastal" or "make the playoffs" before the season. I would rather go 11-1 and not win the division then 7-5 or 8-4 and make the ACCCG by default because everyone in the Coastal also sucked. Winning a crappy division doesn't actually translate to having a good team. UFail won the SEC Least last season and played in the SEC championship game. They weren't good. They were just a cvnt hair better than the other failures in their division.

Yeah but aren't you curious what it would be like without Kaaya?

View attachment 38082

Advertisement
I don't like placing arbitrary goals like "win the coastal" or "make the playoffs" before the season. I would rather go 11-1 and not win the division then 7-5 or 8-4 and make the ACCCG by default because everyone in the Coastal also sucked. Winning a crappy division doesn't actually translate to having a good team. UFail won the SEC Least last season and played in the SEC championship game. They weren't good. They were just a cvnt hair better than the other failures in their division.

You're not going 11-1 and not winning the division, just like you're not going 7-5 and winning the division.

You're not going 11-1 and not winning the division, just like you're not going 7-5 and winning the division.

Weeeeooooo weeeeooooo weeeeooooo FAN POLICE, EVERYBODY HIT THE FLOOR HANDS ON YOUR HEAD!!!!!

We start out in a hole every year in the ACC, because of FSU

As we have seen, plenty of bad teams win the Coastal with a 7-1, 6-2 or even 5-3 record. But with our default loss to Free Shoes, any loss to a UNC or VT is pretty much a kiss of death. UNC would be hard pressed to lose 3 ACC games if they beat us.

Weeeeooooo weeeeooooo weeeeooooo FAN POLICE, EVERYBODY HIT THE FLOOR HANDS ON YOUR HEAD!!!!!

Funny.

Advertisement

Funny.

Thanks for keeping us fans in check. I wanted to enjoy the season with a new coach and associate with the team. But you've been there every step of the way to remind us that we aren't "real fans" and we aren't good enough to win big yet. It's refreshing to have a such reflective young perspective. Thanks for teaching me about life, and by proxy about your football team.

Funny.

Thanks for keeping us fans in check. I wanted to enjoy the season with a new coach and associate with the team. But you've been there every step of the way to remind us that we aren't "real fans" and we aren't good enough to win big yet. It's refreshing to have a such reflective young perspective. Thanks for teaching me about life, and by proxy about your football team.

Do you have any reading comprehension? Clearly you don't.
Tell me where I said anyone wasn't a "real fan"....If you can't, it's because I Didn't.
Tell me where I said we weren't good enough to win 10....I know for a fact you can't do this, because I literally said I think we will win 10 games. So how the **** do you get it in you head that I said we can't? Do I think it's ridiculous for anyone to think we're winning a National Championship this season and if we don't its a wasted season? Of Course.

You clearly have been making **** up in your mind.

I think you misunderstand me, I'm thanking you for telling me how to cheer for my team. Without well adjusted fan police like you, I would be lost. We will ten games, no more no less, and no national championship. Fan police has spoken everybody, conform or be warned.

Advertisement
Didn't Miami technically win the coastal a few years back with a 7-5 record but had to decline the ACCCG because of a self imposed post season ban? We've seen 5-3 records win the division before.

Didn't Miami technically win the coastal a few years back with a 7-5 record but had to decline the ACCCG because of a self imposed post season ban? We've seen 5-3 records win the division before.

Yeah, one year GT won the coastal and went into their bowl game like 6-7. It's an empty metric.

Advertisement
Back