Tell me why Wisconsin, Michigan, and UNC...

Why did we even hire Richt and fire Golden if we don't expect Richt is going to do any better (and some of you mouth breathers are even predicting a worse season)

Why did we even hire Richt and fire Golden if we don't expect Richt is going to do any better (and some of you mouth breathers are even predicting a worse season)

It will all come down to mental toughness for this team.

Physically, we have the specimens to compete (and win) against anyone on our schedule and beyond.

But will the wide-open receiver drop the wide open pass (ex: Phillip Dorsett toasting the ND Corner on our first offensive play last time we played them -- and then dropping a wide open pass; Scott WSU Bowl game)? Will we continue to be plagued by dumb false starts and unsportsmanlike penalties?

I think that will either make or break this team and is what separates the good from the elite.
I just proved with that 3 team list that you don't have to be "elite" to win 10 games. We don't have to be perfect or he the mentally toughest team in football. We just have to improve some.

No disrespect, but those teams were light years ahead of us when it came to mental tougheness. We literally aren't even on the same page as them when it comes to penalties. Of the Top 20 most penalized teams in College (we were second), only 1 won more than 10 games.

Wisconsin was especially sound.

Still, no one our team (not counting Coley's HB pass in the bowl game) came close to the Michigan punters eff up.

How do you know how mentally tough Wisconsin and NC were?
They had less penalties and a lot of white guys.

Advertisement

Notre Dame lost six players to the draft. They are not the best team on our schedule. Fsu is better than them and that's one game out of four in our ooc schedule that the rest are cupcakes.

I even mentioned in my original post that we would be under dogs to notre Dame so I'm not sure what you're getting at? They aren't world beaters and it'll be a tough game but I'll take three guaranteed wins in fau, famu, and app state and one toss up game ooc any year

I agree FSU is better than ND, but we are talking about the OOC schedule.

I'm saying playing at Notre Dame and at App State is more difficult than Nebraska and Cincy (and it's not even close). Not sure why people are looking past App State, who has more votes in the Coaches than half of our ACC schedule.

LOL. Honeyboy will do anything to play contrarian. He's even hyping up App Store now. Classic. They don't have a player we even thought about recruiting. LOL

Notre Dame lost six players to the draft. They are not the best team on our schedule. Fsu is better than them and that's one game out of four in our ooc schedule that the rest are cupcakes.

I even mentioned in my original post that we would be under dogs to notre Dame so I'm not sure what you're getting at? They aren't world beaters and it'll be a tough game but I'll take three guaranteed wins in fau, famu, and app state and one toss up game ooc any year

I'm saying playing at Notre Dame and at App State is more difficult than Nebraska and Cincy (and it's not even close). Not sure why people are looking past App State, who has more votes in the Coaches than half of our ACC schedule.
Agree to disagree on that one. I think Cincy is superior to app. And notre Dame is overrated this year heavily after all they lost. App state may be getting solid votes based upon who they play but they don't have the talent to compete in my opinion. Maybe I'm biased living in the area and seeing the competition they played I don't see them being much of a battle for us

App St. went 11-1 last year playing in the Sun Belt - they beat Howard, ODU, Wyoming, Ga. St., ULM, Ga. Southern, Troy (by 3), Idaho, Louisiana, and beat Ohio in their bowl game. They lost to Clemson (granted by less than we did, but I won't hold it against them lol) and a "heartbreaker" to Arkansas State...

I think we got this.

Advertisement
I really don't understand reporters picking us at 8 wins. We lost Scott, Burns and Bush. That's it. We won 4 games last year with a TE coach and they see no improvement? Sure they say we'll be better and then still pick 8 games. Looking at you Porter.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Makes no sense to me how anyone who calls himself a football fan or reporter could go into this season expecting us to have the same record we had last year.

Not only were we coachless for half the season, but the toxicity surrounding the program was unprecedented in history. The players were completely beat down and unmotivated by the circus that UM had allowed to continue.

We have one of the best QBs in college football, yet no one wants to account for that huge advantage.

Coachless half the season? Being a little generous don't u think?

Last edited by a moderator:

LOL. Honeyboy will do anything to play contrarian. He's even hyping up App Store now. Classic. They don't have a player we even thought about recruiting. LOL

Just offering an opinion bro. Not hyping App State just saying they are a tougher draw than a team that got absolutely housed by USF and SDSU last year. The bigger point is that playing at Notre Dame is on a different continent than a home game against Nebraska.

I really don't understand reporters picking us at 8 wins. We lost Scott, Burns and Bush. That's it. We won 4 games last year with a TE coach and they see no improvement? Sure they say we'll be better and then still pick 8 games. Looking at you Porter.

Makes no sense to me how anyone who calls himself a football fan or reporter could go into this season expecting us to have the same record we had last year.

Not only were we coachless for half the season, but the toxicity surrounding the program was unprecedented in history. The players were completely beat down and unmotivated by the circus that UM had allowed to continue.

We have one of the best QBs in college football, yet no one wants to account for that huge advantage.

Golden was fired after our 7th game. We played 13. Big leap there...

I never give a **** about what the media talking heads think. I been involved and watching college longer than many of them have. There is a large bias towards Miami and they will take worst of options when talking about The U. If Al could win 6/7 then this staff and "new players", these kids a better than they were under alice, are good for 10 wins. Chise we talking Florida Boys being "turnt" loose. I bet all of those teams you mentioned rather have our guys versus who they have.

Advertisement
App St. went 11-1 last year playing in the Sun Belt - they beat Howard, ODU, Wyoming, Ga. St., ULM, Ga. Southern, Troy (by 3), Idaho, Louisiana, and beat Ohio in their bowl game. They lost to Clemson (granted by less than we did, but I won't hold it against them lol) and a "heartbreaker" to Arkansas State...

I think we got this.

I think we got it too. Should be a tougher game than a horrid Cincy team without their starting QB though.

Agree to disagree on that one. I think Cincy is superior to app. And notre Dame is overrated this year heavily after all they lost. App state may be getting solid votes based upon who they play but they don't have the talent to compete in my opinion. Maybe I'm biased living in the area and seeing the competition they played I don't see them being much of a battle for us

I don't think they have the talent to compete either, WTF are you saying. I never said we were going to lose to them, I said they are a tougher game than Cincy.

Golden was fired after our 7th game. We played 13. Big leap there...

I meant did we ever have a coach last season lol

I don't think they have the talent to compete either, WTF are you saying. I never said we were going to lose to them, I said they are a tougher game than Cincy.

They're not.

Advertisement

I'm saying they are not tougher than Cincy dumbass

We have our easiest out of conference schedule in years. The only games people should see us as under dogs would be fsu, unc, and notre Dame.

Notre Dame lost half their **** team to the draft and to Indiana prisons last weekend so we have a good shot

We have played fsu very tight the last two years even with our **** show coaching and they don't have a qb so we have a solid shot..

UNC. We probably have a better team than unc just have to prove it

I may be willing to say VT since it's a night game on the road so that's four games. No way we lose all four, we split and finish with 10 wins

I'm not saying accept losses to these guys but if we can even win 1 or 2 of these, we shouldn't lose another game on the schedule or it would be a disappointment

ND has 2 legit QB's who can tear apart our secondary if they don't step up leading up to that game. Plus, Brian Kelly is a really good coach and I hate saying that haha

Advertisement

They're not.[/QUOTE]

Despite any objective evidence to the contrary.

So which overall schedule is tougher than? At App St and at Notre Dame, or at Cincy and home against Nebraska?

Develop a stronger argument then because your current one is garbage.

Miami has a staff in place that will be fully engaged on winning as opposed to wondering if and when they will get fired. That will go a long way on game days. The players recognized it last year and played accordingly at times.

They obviously have enough talent to win 9-10 games. The rest will be determined by injuries and the usual play here or there in each of those close games they have this year.

If Miami doesn't win the Coastal then this season should be viewed as a failure. They have just about everything in place that they had been missing during the Golden era.

Develop a stronger argument then because your current one is garbage.
I don't have to do anything ha. It is my opinion that we will have an easier time against app no matter where it's played than we did against Cincy. Notre Dame is going to be a tough one for sure but they lost a lot and they are not deserving of bring top ten in MY OPINION.

I am not sure what that last statement is so hard for you to comprehend, it is a relatively easy word than many of us learn early on. I am not saying you're wrong, I am saying that I believe it will be easier. We will know for sure when we start out 3-0 winning by 30 points a game and beat notre Dame on the road in South bend

Advertisement
Back