Sweet 16 Thread

Watched the game tonight with a co-worker who is an avid Villanova fan. Said that that was the best game Nova has played all year - especially Jenkins who went 8/10 with 21 points. He actually refused to bet me before the game because he thought Miami had a solid chance.

They were the better team, but we did a few odd things in the second half:
1) We stopped shooting 3 pointers, even though we were 60%+ in the first half
2) Refs handed out a lot of soft fouls that changed the game completely
3) Sheldon wasn't getting the ball in his hands until the last 3 minutes
4) The full court press inside of 8 minutes was horrible - no reason for it that early and they got 10+ easy points off of it
5) I don't care how good/bad we played - we went up against a team that literally could not miss a shot, and was nearly perfect from the FT line

Advertisement
Newton is one dimensional, go hard right and shoot a floater , nothing else .... Zilch.

Don't like to bash kids but he needs major improvement . Starting with shooting a thousand jumpers a day.

Do you not feel slight like jack *** for all your negative comments about the team giving us the **** right now?

I feel nothing. You're a pathetic **** who some reason porsts on a Hurricane Board but hates the canes.

Why did you come back? Why are you here? Seriously.
Do you not find it in the least bit funny at all how strong your convictions were during the season that we were a lot better than Villanova? I sure do.

I think it is pathetic how obsessed you are with me. You were banned from a message board, which is pathetic, and choose to come back now.

You realize what you're doing, right? You were banned and came back to post now. Your new porsts are solely directed at me. I have my first fan.
Sure is surprising how young upstart Villanova even made it to the sweet 16. Its commendable how big of a run they are making as a number 2 seed underdog who didnt beat anyone all season.

Pathetic.

Advertisement
Watched the game tonight with a co-worker who is an avid Villanova fan. Said that that was the best game Nova has played all year - especially Jenkins who went 8/10 with 21 points. He actually refused to bet me before the game because he thought Miami had a solid chance.

They were the better team, but we did a few odd things in the second half:
1) We stopped shooting 3 pointers, even though we were 60%+ in the first half
2) Refs handed out a lot of soft fouls that changed the game completely
3) Sheldon wasn't getting the ball in his hands until the last 3 minutes
4) The full court press inside of 8 minutes was horrible - no reason for it that early and they got 10+ easy points off of it
5) I don't care how good/bad we played - we went up against a team that literally could not miss a shot, and was nearly perfect from the FT line

There was a reason for it...nothing else was slowing them down. It failed, but so did everything else (outside of going zone near the end of the first half which confused them for all of 2 minutes). Bottom line was we weren't winning this game no matter what.

I feel nothing. You're a pathetic **** who some reason porsts on a Hurricane Board but hates the canes.

Why did you come back? Why are you here? Seriously.
Do you not find it in the least bit funny at all how strong your convictions were during the season that we were a lot better than Villanova? I sure do.

I think it is pathetic how obsessed you are with me. You were banned from a message board, which is pathetic, and choose to come back now.

You realize what you're doing, right? You were banned and came back to post now. Your new porsts are solely directed at me. I have my first fan.
Sure is surprising how young upstart Villanova even made it to the sweet 16. Its commendable how big of a run they are making as a number 2 seed underdog who didnt beat anyone all season.

Pathetic.

For a team that didnt have much of a shot to make the sweet 16 this sure is a surprise.

Next years team will young but talented . Looking forward to Brown and Huell

Are y'all really playing into the trolls hands? Y'all are smarter than that

Advertisement

Pathetic.

For a team that didnt have much of a shot to make the sweet 16 this sure is a surprise.

As is your appearance on a canes' message board. Why are you here?

Advertisement

Pathetic.

Its shocking that a team who played no good teams all year was able to take down an ACC power house on neutral court. I would hate to be someone that though for sure Villanova was an overrated team at this point.

Pathetic.

Its shocking that a team who played no good teams all year was able to take down an ACC power house on neutral court. I would hate to be someone that though for sure Villanova was an overrated team at this point.

Why are you here?

Advertisement
Who do we have coming back next year to complement Huel?

Reed will be one of our veteran leaders along with Lawrence and Newton returning plus we have Brown coming in with him too.
I hope Huel can put this team on his back next year as a Frosh!
He has the talent and the body. Ive seen him bang against seven footers no problem and he has a sweet feel for the game with the ball in his hands. Probably leads the team in points and rebounds next season.

Thank you Charles Barkley for making me laugh tonight...

When the KU football team set up a hoop on the football field and was shooting hoops in support of the basketball team...Sir Charles said, "Maybe that's why the football team sucks."

:tedbong:

Pathetic.

Why are you here?

What a feat for such and underrated number 2 seed to take down a number 3 seed this year. Vegas is scrambling at this point to make up for their impending deficits.

Advertisement
Back