Sweet 16 Thread

Its shocking that a team who played no good teams all year was able to take down an ACC power house on neutral court. I would hate to be someone that though for sure Villanova was an overrated team at this point.

Why are you here?

Like a jackal...just surfaces to feed on the garbage.

I have never had a fan on a message board. It is a tremendous honor.

He is the worst kind of scumbag...posts all season long pretending to be a fan, gets banned, and then comes back as a parasite. And then he posts to others like he is fan...again. Serious issues and in need of medication.

We post on this board because we love UM and their sports programs...he posts because he is need of attention.

Nothing wrong with trolling an idiot who felt the need to trash multiple teams this season just to prop our team up.

Advertisement
Really best case scenario Izundu or Miller prove good enough to play the 5 so Huell can play the 4 with Reed at the 3 and Newton+Brown at the guard positions. Then we have Murphy and Lawrence still coming off the bench able to give us a lot of impact.

I'm all in for small ball after see what Villanova did to us and our bigman who seams to play below the rim like a 7ft statue.

Why are you here?

He is the worst kind of scumbag...posts all season long pretending to be a fan, gets banned, and then comes back as a parasite. And then he posts to others like he is fan...again. Serious issues and in need of medication.

We post on this board because we love UM and their sports programs...he posts because he is need of attention.

Nothing wrong with trolling an idiot who felt the need to trash multiple teams this season just to prop our team up.

First of all, it's not "your" team. You were banned for a reason. There is no doubt that you know the game...but you come on here to just cause issues.

Secondly...Yes there is a problem with trolling. When you get off by "trolling", well, you have issues.

Thirdly...this post will serve no purpose because you are admittedly a troll.

First of all, it's not "your" team. You were banned for a reason. There is no doubt that you know the game...but you come on here to just cause issues.

Secondly...Yes there is a problem with trolling. When you get off by "trolling", well, you have issues.

You are wrong. It is just as much my team as it is your team.

Advertisement
Newton, Reed, and Huell All have guaranteed spots. Kind of a toss up from there.

I don't agree that Huell has a guaranteed starting spot. Murphy will start and so will Lawrence.
Murphy has no talent and Lawrence is to small to be a starter next year. Huell is clearly a better talent with a lot more developed body already than both of them already. Huell has the same athleticism as Murphy with a bigger body and this tiny little thing called talent. Murphy has no chance in **** starting over him.

Murphy should be the Center and Huel at PF.

At that point you are simply just labeling Murphy a center because he has no offensive talent and you still want to squeeze him in the starting roster. I would rather play small ball next season than start Murphy because the guy just doesnt add anything on the offensive side and he cant defend 1 on 1 vs bigger players because he is simply skinny and short for the position. He only offers help defense and athleticism which means his roll should be as a 6th or 7th man coming off the bench.

Our best lineups next season will run Huell at the 5 smaller players around him because that is the only way we put enough talent on the floor to compete at a higher level.

I guarantee that Murphy is a starter next year.

I don't agree that Huell has a guaranteed starting spot. Murphy will start and so will Lawrence.
Murphy has no talent and Lawrence is to small to be a starter next year. Huell is clearly a better talent with a lot more developed body already than both of them already. Huell has the same athleticism as Murphy with a bigger body and this tiny little thing called talent. Murphy has no chance in **** starting over him.

At that point you are simply just labeling Murphy a center because he has no offensive talent and you still want to squeeze him in the starting roster. I would rather play small ball next season than start Murphy because the guy just doesnt add anything on the offensive side and he cant defend 1 on 1 vs bigger players because he is simply skinny and short for the position. He only offers help defense and athleticism which means his roll should be as a 6th or 7th man coming off the bench.

Our best lineups next season will run Huell at the 5 smaller players around him because that is the only way we put enough talent on the floor to compete at a higher level.

He will be because Coach L is not a small ball type coach.

He very well could be. Coach L shows a lot of love of the upperclassmen but it will be the wrong move. To be better than we were this season we need to put our talent in the best chance we can to succeed. Sadly Murphy isnt part of the talent.

As is your appearance on a canes' message board. Why are you here?
Its shocking that a team who played no good teams all year was able to take down an ACC power house on neutral court. I would hate to be someone that though for sure Villanova was an overrated team at this point.

Why are you here?

He is truly obsessed with you. Every Monday when the new polls came out, he couldn't wait to find out what some of us had to say.

Advertisement
Honestly though Miller and Huell come in and easily out perform Murphy to prove they deserve to start. It wont be hard because Murphy is just an athlete with no real talent.

Then please enlighten us and share your affiliation with UM. Don't know of any legit 305 boys that have been banned from this message board.

But you do not refute the accusation of being a troll...hmmm...very telling.

Then please enlighten us and share your affiliation with UM. Don't know of any legit 305 boys that have been banned from this message board.

I do not refute trolling an idiot who trashed multiple teams all season. When you trash a team and get proven wrong you deserve to be trolled.

I do not need to prove my affiliation with UM to be a fan of our sports teams.

Who do you guys think will be in the starting lineup next year?

Newton, Reed, and Huell All have guaranteed spots. Kind of a toss up from there.

I would love to get Yurtseven and leave Jakari to come off the bench and be a spark plug kind of player

Advertisement

I do not refute trolling an idiot who trashed multiple teams all season. When you trash a team and get proven wrong you deserve to be trolled.

I do not need to prove my affiliation with UM to be a fan of our sports teams.

Exactly...you have no affiliation. You want to cause problems. If you had an affiliation with the UM or any of the athletic programs...you would have no problem sharing. You just don't get it. You are not family.

Last edited:
Nova was the more aggressive team. It was a tightly contested game until about halfway through the second half. Turnovers and foul trouble were key. Nova seemed to want it more based off of 50/50 balls. Honestly, they seemed to be the more talented team today, but we have the best talent coming in that we've ever had. The future is bright and there's nothing to be ashamed of losing to a team who not only has something to prove, but is playing their best ball of the year.

Nova was the more aggressive team. It was a tightly contested game until about halfway through the second half. Turnovers and foul trouble were key. Nova seemed to want it more based off of 50/50 balls. Honestly, they seemed to be the more talented team today, but we have the best talent coming in that we've ever had. The future is bright and there's nothing to be ashamed of losing to a team who not only has something to prove, but is playing their best ball of the year.

So what is the story behind the name?

Advertisement
Really best case scenario Izundu or Miller prove good enough to play the 5 so Huell can play the 4 with Reed at the 3 and Newton+Brown at the guard positions. Then we have Murphy and Lawrence still coming off the bench able to give us a lot of impact.

Better chance that Miller red shirts than starts. He is by far the most raw of any of the incoming class.

Advertisement
Back