Spring Game

Advertisement
I think they’d take two if there’s quality
I hope dontae manning or one of guidrys corners decides to come help us man I’m praying we get back to dominating the portal.In my opinion that should have just as much importance as high school recruiting. We need both to help merge this roster together perfectly and I believe Mario can do it I’m just not sure he’s been as focused on the portal as he should be.

Advertisement
We've made some progress but the roster turnover must continue; more Ruben Bains, Nat Josephs and Emory Williamses.

It was a deceptive spring game based on expectations and injuries, but I think it underscored the importance of talent acquisition and development of quality depth.

Last edited:
Cam McCormick is a culture guy so I'm good with it. Essentially a Udonis Haslem of a college football team. I saw him at one point between series gathering Gatorade/Powerade to pass out to the players with the trainers. Selfless, humble, team-first kinda guy that you want guys to imitate. Wasn't just him either, saw quite a few selfless moments where guys were being good "teammates". That stuff matters more than the average Joe realizes. All the talent in the world won't mean anything if the team chemistry is paper thin. Times get tough and games get tight, kids will fold.

Ditto for Lichtenstein. Sagapolu is here to help with transition of our Uso kids, present and future.

Johnson and Gore...I have no comment lol.
Fair points you bring up. I forgot to add Denis to this list. Depth guy at best. And it looks like we might be adding Terry roberts to this list, too.

1681561880207.gif

Advertisement
Couple more notes I picked up watching the game:

TVD is going to have a positive effect in the running game too. No, he's not a threat to break one and he definitely shouldn't be lowering his shoulder into tacklers but he's a smart runner. He executes the zone read really well. He did under Lashlee too. Surprisingly he's better at knowing when to keep/give than D'Eriq King was. If you've got everyone crashing on the inside run, just pull it down and get the free 5 yards around the edge. If the defense goes man, there's going to be a ton of room to tuck and run when the back seven is chasing guys downfield and he did that pretty well too last night. You don't need to be Mike Vick to gain positive yards in those scenarios and for a guy like TVD, anything he adds on the ground is just icing on the cake.

There's going to be a role for Cyrus Moss and some of these non-prototypical D linemen. Unlike Steele who wanted to just pass rush with four behemoths regardless of down and distance, Guidry uses a variety of fronts and often deploys stand up edge players who can play like traditional ends or OLBs. His blitz packages were pretty vanilla in the spring game but I still loved the variety I saw up front. A HUGE difference from the same boring fronts we saw with Steele and Manny.

Advertisement
Had planned to quickly scan p.30-36 to catch up on everyone's thoughts about the scrimmage. Several frozen screens later, including an extended one for this porst..I GIVE UP. 10 minutes of frustration FOR 2 PAGES.
get "Brave" as your browser.

It will change your CIS experience for life.

You owe me one.

Advertisement
Im in the opinion that we should go in the portal for qb2 so we can shirt Brown. I actually think he wanted to shirt last year he needs some refinement...and a LEGIT guy froma group of 5 who wants to come up or a grad transfer with 2 year ability we need to be all over.
We can shirt Brown but Emory showed more last night as a "QB" then JB has the whole time he's been here.

Advertisement
Back