Spring Game

Advertisement
No problem. The rain issue was early in week but with the stadium being in ft lauderdale they got smacked on Wednesday I wanna say with 25 inches which is like a 3rd of yearly rain fall in 7 hours. The airport had to close, which rarely ever happens so it was a situation but it was spotty and probably more east of 95 if anything..

I assume the people complaining about Brown dont follow recruiting or they are same people who think if you wear U helmet you become a super hero, dannyboy like. Brown was known coming in that he needed time. He was coming into a situation where there were TWO QBs in front of him to give him time to develop. He was very open to redshirt and needed it. EVERYONE knew this going in, TVD **** bed then gets injured, Garcia looks even worse, like unplayable. So they burn shirt and he has to play. He was bought in as a stash for 2 years and hope lightbulb goes off and the passing component can match the physical/legs component. He is a unique talent, who probably should only be getting some garbage time minutes at Miami (oh) game and such just this year. I wont expect much til next year, he might not ever get there but to expect him to kill it one year in was much.
Yea I agree. I think he will flourish in a hybridization of his old skill set and the new one he is trying to learn. Right now he’s trying too much to be a pure pocket passer. On throws he should let zip he’s second guessing himself causing himself to hold the ball then second guessing himself again if he should run. This is why Dan Mullen would have been the perfect hire in my opinion. He would coach Brown up on when to use what he taught him and when to use what comes naturally to him Dan has a back for athletic QB’s and QB’s in general in addition to being an elite offensive mind. That hire made too much sense but I’m riding with Mario. If I were Brown I’d look to seek out QB’s with his skill set and see how they got the most out of themselves.

Honestly, I think if we can get one great year out of him it will be well worth it because they kind of on field “branding” would accelerate the restoration U mission we are on now. That one year would be a huge one because, they wouldn’t know what to do with him. Even if Emory passes him next year I’d keep him grinding to see if we can get that one year, the payoff would be well worth the wait in my opinion.

Speaking of Emory, that will go down as the best switch in terms of him for Rashada. It’s early but that boy looks good.

Spring game has me looking forward to the regular season. Wasn't the case last year...at all. I think we have a chance to be +2 or +3 in the Wins column.

Advertisement
I’m just going to make this simple. This spring game was a better look than last years spring game. Better looking plays on both sides of the ball and clearly a more dominant DVD in a modern looking offense. Jacurri did not look like he has progressed but the young kid from Jacksonville Emory Williams is our future and he looks poised and what I expected.

Last edited:
Advertisement

03E6A45E-AE35-4263-88E9-27D51C0A5266.jpeg

ehhh its a 7 win team imo. tougher schedule and less depth than last year. the coaching we hope to be better but none of us know.
Portal season has just opened back up. Let’s see what Mario can do to address our deficiencies.

Advertisement
I’m just going to make this simple. This spring game was a better look than last years spring game. Better looking plays on both sides of the ball and clearly a more dominant DVD in a modern looking offense. Jacurri did not look like he has progressed but the young kid from Jacksonville Emory Williams is our future and he looks poised and what I expected.
He's not from Jacksonville...he's from Milton FL in the Panhandle.

Advertisement
Milton HS is the Panthers. They're black and gold. School is just across the bay from Pensacola. You're correct about the location though, nowhere near Jacksonville. 6 hour drive.
I know exactly where it is. My Son was born there. Right next to Pace Fl...I owned a home 35 miles away.

Advertisement
Back