Spring Game

TVD is the most overrated QB we’ve had in the 2000s
The hype was justified based on what did in his RS FR season. His QBR was 160. Caleb Williams won the Heisman last year with a 168 QBR. He struggled last year in Gattis’s ****** scheme and our turnstile OL. I’m not going to hold that against him. Now he’s under his 3rd different Offensive Coordinator learning yet another system. All things considered I thought he looked good last night. He seemed way more comfortable than he did at any point last season. He does hold the ball too long at times but if they can coach him on that I think he will be more than serviceable in Dawson’s system.

Advertisement
Bro I think I might have had one of those senior moments when I wrote that. I think I read something you wrote in my mind and not reality.

I'll take the exit now.

Lol yea man i wanted Kelly BAAAAAAD at UF. Think he gonna be a problem and props to yall for getting Bain. Thought he was waiting on Bama but yall got em at the end. He gonna be a REAAAAAL problem as the season goes on. One of those, yea he a top 100 player so he not “underrated”, but he still FEELS underrated nationally. He’s a 5* talent as is Kelly

Advertisement
Honest question - was there a reason we went from playing tackle football in the 1st half to 2-hand touch in the 2nd half?

That seemed weird

Lol yea man i wanted Kelly BAAAAAAD at UF. Think he gonna be a problem and props to yall for getting Bain. Thought he was waiting on Bama but yall got em at the end. He gonna be a REAAAAAL problem as the season goes on. One of those, yea he a top 100 player so he not “underrated”, but he still FEELS underrated nationally. He’s a 5* talent as is Kelly
Super excited for them and I really feel when Moss puts on weight he's going to explode with Taylors coaching. Now we just need to find some DT's.

TVD is the most overrated QB we’ve had in the 2000s

Screenshot_20230415_100141_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Not impressed with this staffs ability to eval portal guys outside of OL. Lots of questionable takes so far imo
I’m going to disagree here. You’re not wrong in that when we had a bad eval, it’s pretty bad. Like miss completely bad…

- Sagapolu and Dennis are poor second teamers. Gore is not good. Caleb Johnson wasn’t atrocious but he was a pretty big miss. Moultrie was a late take but nothing amounted there.

But good portal evals…are our best players.

- Mesidor, Cisco, Darrell Jackson, Deen, DPJ looks serviceable, Parrish, Agude, Cohen, Lee, Colbie Young…

I’d put Lichtenstein and Ladson in the meh category.

Might be missing a guy or two. The good ones far outweigh the misses. We’re just at a point where we need all or 90% hits because our roster was left in such poor shape.

Thank you @skyman for posting the spring game. I was under the assumption that SF was underwater based on what I have been hearing. Looked pretty dry to me. Outside of that, the trajectory of the team is on an upswing as a whole. I had been reading the comments on the spring game prior to watching it and as a whole they lined up for the most part however where I'd deviate is that Brown is not "trash" and needs to switch positions. What I saw was a person who was hesitant to pull the trigger.

It looks like he's doing a lot of thinking in terms of wanting to be more of a passer and use his legs less. He doesn't trust himself as a passer yet from what it looks like to me. I think he will still continue to be a work in progress however its not time to call it a day on him yet. I liked what I saw from Emory and Ray Ray, especially Ray-Ray. I think at this time Emory is the #2 easily. Ray-ray? He's ready. He's got that old competitive Miami in him. I'd be surprised if if he didn't see the field this year. Defensive looks night and day. We got one in the DC. Offensive is coming around too. I think the trajectory is up in general. I'm mildly cautious however cautiously optimistic for the season. This wasn't going to be a year or two turn around after 20 years of mediocrity however, what I see and what we should be looking for is progress and a strong foundation to build something real. I think we are at that point now finally. Listening to ppl on here, would have you doubting Coach Mario if you don't look at it for yourself. You have to remember he too is also growing as a Coach but I think we're on the right track and he's going to get us where we need to be and then some.

Advertisement
Restropo is easily the most reliable WR, but that’s what we said last year. Also, he has room for improvement. Young is #2, but still has dropsies. I see tons of potential in Washington, he’s just young.

Thank you @skyman for posting the spring game. I was under the assumption that SF was underwater based on what I have been hearing. Looked pretty dry to me. Outside of that, the trajectory of the team is on an upswing as a whole. I had been reading the comments on the spring game prior to watching it and as a whole they lined up for the most part however where I'd deviate is that Brown is not "trash" and needs to switch positions. What I saw was a person who was hesitant to pull the trigger.

It looks like he's doing a lot of thinking in terms of wanting to be more of a passer and use his legs less. He doesn't trust himself as a passer yet from what it looks like to me. I think he will still continue to be a work in progress however its not time to call it a day on him yet. I liked what I saw from Emory and Ray Ray, especially Ray-Ray. I think at this time Emory is the #2 easily. Ray-ray? He's ready. He's got that old competitive Miami in him. I'd be surprised if if he didn't see the field this year. Defensive looks night and day. We got one in the DC. Offensive is coming around too. I think the trajectory is up in general. I'm mildly cautious however cautiously optimistic for the season. This wasn't going to be a year or two turn around after 20 years of mediocrity however, what I see and what we should be looking for is progress and a strong foundation to build something real. I think we are at that point now finally. Listening to ppl on here, would have you doubting Coach Mario if you don't look at it for yourself. You have to remember he too is also growing as a Coach but I think we're on the right track and he's going to get us where we need to be and then some.
No problem. The rain issue was early in week but with the stadium being in ft lauderdale they got smacked on Wednesday I wanna say with 25 inches which is like a 3rd of yearly rain fall in 7 hours. The airport had to close, which rarely ever happens so it was a situation but it was spotty and probably more east of 95 if anything..

I assume the people complaining about Brown dont follow recruiting or they are same people who think if you wear U helmet you become a super hero, dannyboy like. Brown was known coming in that he needed time. He was coming into a situation where there were TWO QBs in front of him to give him time to develop. He was very open to redshirt and needed it. EVERYONE knew this going in, TVD **** bed then gets injured, Garcia looks even worse, like unplayable. So they burn shirt and he has to play. He was bought in as a stash for 2 years and hope lightbulb goes off and the passing component can match the physical/legs component. He is a unique talent, who probably should only be getting some garbage time minutes at Miami (oh) game and such just this year. I wont expect much til next year, he might not ever get there but to expect him to kill it one year in was much.

WEZ I’ve been super negative about this team’s talent all off season, actually ever since last spring when we didn’t bring in top WRs, OL or LBs. But I will say this, there were a lot of positives tonight.

Not saying we can’t go 6-6. We still have that in us. But Chaney, both Mauigoas, TVD. multiple WRs, Bain, Lee, the TEs, Kam, Kelly Davante Brown and Markeith all showed something. Our two coordinators showed something.

We’ve got a longgggg way to go. But the building blocks are there if Mario hits the portal hard, the gimp crew heals up and the rest of the 2023 kids come in ready to go. For the first time I’m feeling like I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
This! Plus we didn't have a lot of starters out there. You have to be blind or don't want to see the progress that was visible on the field. Alot of guys playing Jedi mind tricks with themselves on these post.

Advertisement
Super excited for them and I really feel when Moss puts on weight he's going to explode with Taylors coaching. Now we just need to find some DT's.

Yea losing Jackson to FSU was unfortunate but this Taylor’s money year and if he can get help from the other DT, he should be able to feast once Kelly and Bain come along. Inlike Mesidor too. He always pops off the screen for me a few times a game. Dependable

Except Gore....I hate sometimes when we go into the transfer portal get a jag and most people think the jag is a good player. Someone has to explain to me why do we just grab a guy that's not good just to grab them. I would love for someone in the know to tell me how that happens.
Gore can be a depth piece though, hard to always get depth pieces in the portal because guys are looking for starting spots.

Advertisement
Back