RUMOR THREAD: V Davis

Pete, so you're confident all this has to do solely with playing time? If that's the case, I can understand his thought process.

Advertisement
Will be interesting to see how restrictive Golden is on his transfer options. I felt Golden was overboard in dealing with Storm Johnson (couldn't go to around 25 schools, no BCS schools within six hours of his home, etc).

Last edited:
As others have said, we brought in so many DB's, that at least one guy was going to fall by the wayside. I'm surprised he's making the call so early, but maybe it's obvious that he's over his head, and playing at a lesser school fits him better.

Not a bad move on his part IMO, if we are going to be facing legit sanctions we'll need elite players to come in as backups also. Will Likely is better than this kid and could come in right at his spot.

Advertisement
Some of you are so ****ing stupid. IF he was scared of competition why would he have come here at all with the 6 other CB's we had coming in?

How about you people just let all details reveal before rushing to judgment on this kid when none of you have any idea what the reason is. Stop being such ****heads.

All of this Great post.

Some details have come to light, what say u now?

Some of you are so ****ing stupid. IF he was scared of competition why would he have come here at all with the 6 other CB's we had coming in?

How about you people just let all details reveal before rushing to judgment on this kid when none of you have any idea what the reason is. Stop being such ****heads.

All of this Great post.

Some details have come to light, what say u now?

Now that the FACTS came out that he is indeed transferring. Good Luck to him. Still don't know the exact reason why he is transferring. Could be a mix of playing time as well as something else. Or he could just not be happy.

Wouldn't be surprised if another Corner moves, too.

Gunter is going to be here for 3 more years. Burns may come in as a Corner. Bush may be a corner. Howard is basically a starter as a Frosh. Crawford has been lauded a guy who'll play as a Frosh. Hope and Dortch are still waiting in the wings.

******' a, Al. I like what you've done w/ this position, LB and I like what's he'll have done with the DT position if he gets Bryant/Bain/Bostwick.

Please do the same at Safety. Please do the same at DE. Sprinkle in some key offensive playmakers (the elite).

Rock and roll.

I didn't like signing 20 corners last class and knew something like this would happen. Also seemed to be a PR move to encourage kids to come to camp and "earn an offer"..

That being said, think we are in a great situation at corner, and will give us another scholly this year. Hope Davis finds a good situation for him and does well elsewhere

Advertisement
I didn't like signing 20 corners last class and knew something like this would happen. Also seemed to be a PR move to encourage kids to come to camp and "earn an offer"..

That being said, think we are in a great situation at corner, and will give us another scholly this year. Hope Davis finds a good situation for him and does well elsewhere

You act like this is a bad thing. We got to bring a bunch to camp, and "cut" the weakest. Spot opens up for Feb class. Whats the problem?

Wouldn't be surprised if another Corner moves, too.

Gunter is going to be here for 3 more years. Burns may come in as a Corner. Bush may be a corner. Howard is basically a starter as a Frosh. Crawford has been lauded a guy who'll play as a Frosh. Hope and Dortch are still waiting in the wings.

****in' a, Al. I like what you've done w/ this position, LB and I like what's he'll have done with the DT position if he gets Bryant/Bain/Bostwick.

Please do the same at Safety. Please do the same at DE. Sprinkle in some key offensive playmakers (the elite).

Rock and roll.
+1

You act like this is a bad thing. We got to bring a bunch to camp, and "cut" the weakest. Spot opens up for Feb class. Whats the problem?
Cant agree with you any more. We need to same thing for other positions

FWIW, I don't think we're "cutting" anyone of the TFs, and as has been mentioned, Davis was not the weakest. He probably would have had some burn this year. The kid was All-Dade, and a 4.6 isn't may not be top speed, but it's the read that matters most. Howard isn't any faster.

Remember that Howard committed at the last minute. My guess is that Davis was a little shocked Golden pulled that off, and saw he would be in a dog-fight for playing time for 4 years, and believes his skills are good enough for him to fit in on another Top 20 team right away. Others noted that Davis was one of the guys under the shade, so maybe was also struggling with the rigor of the practices. But remember, Davis earned his spot at camp. I bet it was less a discipline issue, and more just a desire to be "the man" on a team that needs him right away.

Good luck to him. Now we have one more spot to fill in this class, and there's still a lot of talent on the boards.

Last edited:
Advertisement

This.

And I'm sure its not like Golden told him he had to leave. Kid decided he wasn't going to get early playing time and left. Its fine for eveyone involved, Davis will just have to sit out a year at whatever lower D1 program he transfers to.

Advertisement
Well give Miami another Ship, I will take it. I like watching the kids that dont wanna work and fight for a spot just leave.

@Manny_Navarro
Coral Reef coach said Vernon Davis headed to West Virginia. #UM
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Advertisement
Back