RUMOR THREAD: V Davis

I'm ******* beyond excited about these turn of events now. No spin whatsoever. This has a broader meaning. I just started a new post about this fantastic news.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So now that all these details have come out, is it safe to say this kid is scared of competition and wants to go somewhere that he can play right away because there are only walk-ons there. But I guess everyone here is "****** stupid", as someone else said for reading between the lines. I thought we had a rule or something about attacking the post and not the poster. hmmmm

"Can't do this drill with selfish players, can't win with selfish players"
-Al Golden

Advertisement
Love those little guys. I should point out I first posted those things to make fun of everyone for freaking out that Ray Ray & Seantrel were in trouble, and might be gone. No way that would happen...
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

All I can say is this is weak on Davis' part. One of the big talkers thru the recruiting process, he bails because he's mad the staff went after Carter and Burns? Good luck with the sorry Mountaineers.....

Probably thought he'd get preferential treatment because he committed early.

All I can say is this is weak on Davis' part. One of the big talkers thru the recruiting process, he bails because he's mad the staff went after Carter and Burns? Good luck with the sorry Mountaineers.....

Probably thought he'd get preferential treatment because he committed early.

Yup. He definitely talked himself up. Guess it was all for show.

Advertisement
I'm ****ing beyond excited about these turn of events now. No spin whatsoever. This has a broader meaning. I just started a new post about this fantastic news.

He is a talented kid who I think will go on to have a very good career at West Virginia.

This is a testament to the talent that UM is recruiting and developing. When you have a talented kid that may be all conference and possibly a NFL draftee one day, who can't crack the rotation is a positive sign.

I'm ****ing beyond excited about these turn of events now. No spin whatsoever. This has a broader meaning. I just started a new post about this fantastic news.

He is a talented kid who I think will go on to have a very good career at West Virginia.

This is a testament to the talent that UM is recruiting and developing. When you have a talented kid that may be all conference and possibly a NFL draftee one day, who can't crack the rotation is a positive sign.

45.gif

account hacked?

So my post got deleted and I pretty much said what everybody has said in 7 pages..this board is becoming a joke..lol

Advertisement
After reading that article, this kid epitomizes the term "weak"; I usually don't like dumpin' on kids but how in the **** can you get mad about the staff bringing in 2 guys slated to play S no less, and you throw your "dream" away just like that? Even if Burns did end up at CB, u still got a year on him in terms of college readiness. Like I said weak. Who gives up on their dream that easily? If anything, it should make you fight harder. His HS coach wanted him to reconsider; the coaches wanted him to reconsider. And I quote "He was dead set against it"......"It" being competition, hard work, drive, hunger, etc. I liked the kid, talked him up more then Dortch or Hope, but, this is the kind of attitude we don't need. Good luck, but the "entitlement" era is just about over.

Vernon Davis' high school coach said the freshman cornerback -- headed to West Virginia -- no longer trusted UM coaches

Vernon Davis grew up dreaming of playing for the Miami Hurricanes. But that dream has apparently died after a few weeks of training camp.

The freshman cornerback from Miami Coral Reef received his release from scholarship Tuesday and according to his former high school coach will be headed to West Virginia on Wednesday morning.

"He just felt like he couldn't trust their coaches anymore," Coral Reef coach Chevas Clements said. "He wasn't happy. He saw how he had slid down the depth chart and how UM was going out and getting all these commitments from guys like [Miami Northwestern's] Artie Burns and [Southridge's] Jamal Carter. When was he going to play?"

Davis, a three-star recruit and former All-Dade First Team selection by The Miami Herald, asked for his release on Friday. Clements said UM coaches tried to convince him to stay. But in the end, Davis' heart was set on leaving.

"At West Virginia they got two walk-ons who are backups," Clements said. "He knows he's got a much better chance to get on the field there."

Clements said Davis was on his way to Coral Reef to fax his information to West Virginia. Per NCAA rules, Davis will sit out the 2012 season.

"He was going to redshirt anyway," Clements said. "Honestly, I would have preferred if he stayed at Miami. I like the coaches there. But he was dead-set against it."

Four of the remaining seven new arrivals in the secondary are expected to make it onto the travel roster: LaDarius Gunter, Tracy Howard, Antonio Crawford and Deon Bush.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...-longer-trusted-um-coaches.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
Kid steps on campus, sees his competition as Tracy Howard, Ladarius Gunter, Antonio Crawford, Larry Hope, and Nate Dortch...also sees Miami get commitments from Artie Burns and Jamal Carter...thinks he ain't never going to play.

He's a good player. Just seems we have a lot of better ones.

I'd like to wish Vernon Davis the best in all his future endeavors.

I got Manny to change the article of the title which Originally read "Davis Leaves because he no longer trusted UM Coaches." Now it reads "Davis leaves Canes in search of More playing time."

Good work. The original title was BS. Will we ever have pro UM reporters covering our team??

the funny thing is I checked and WV signed 6 DB's last year 4 expected to play corner. So I don't know maybe he figured easier to beat out 4 guys than 6 here at MIami.

Kid steps on campus, sees his competition as Tracy Howard, Ladarius Gunter, Antonio Crawford, Larry Hope, and Nate Dortch...also sees Miami get commitments from Artie Burns and Jamal Carter...thinks he ain't never going to play.

He's a good player. Just seems we have a lot of better ones.

I'd like to wish Vernon Davis the best in all his future endeavors.

Agree 100%. This is a win/win anyway. Kid gets a chance to play elsewhere, we get a much needed scholie back.

Advertisement
Back