OT Jaden Wilkerson commits to Miami

Want OLineman that have offers from Ohio State
Bama Georgia LSU Clemson Michigan Oklahoma etc. Those schools send 1 st rounders to the league
3 criteria to measure HS players
1. Stars
2. Multiple offers from big time programs ( see above)
3.The physical traits to succeed in college
( height weight length speed strength quickness)

Looking at highlights is waste of time

These 2 OL have the physical traits only
Point taken but Clemson doesn’t

Advertisement
project U!

There are very, very, very, very, very few OL prospects who aren’t projects. It’s the 2nd hardest position in the sport to project from one level to the next. Kid is 6’6 and 320 with very little bad weight and basketball feet. 1000% a take for me. A really good, technical coach and an elite S&C program turns kids like this into NFL players. He’s got a lot of attributes you can’t coach. So coach him up on the ones he doesn’t have, which are all technique and balance based. Also have Rueben Bain and Marquise Lightfoot baptize him next fall. He’ll get better real quick.

Advertisement
Wiscy, Iowa and ND are 3 of the best OL developmental schools. No?
Exactly. This is something a lot of fans don't recognize. The schools that historically have the best OL are schools that have figured out HOW to develop and identify. People forget that OSU, Clemson and Georgia merely stack high end guys, because they can. Eventually, if you keep doing that, you'll have a line. The issue is that there are few Mauigoas out there. There are few sure fire OL recruits, you have to sort through the bucket of low 4 star and high 3 star guys. You recruit to a type, big, athletic, physical and has the mental ability.

Advertisement
Want OLineman that have offers from Ohio State
Bama Georgia LSU Clemson Michigan Oklahoma etc. Those schools send 1 st rounders to the league
3 criteria to measure HS players
1. Stars
2. Multiple offers from big time programs ( see above)
3.The physical traits to succeed in college
( height weight length speed strength quickness)

Looking at highlights is waste of time

These 2 OL have the physical traits only
But what if the 3 star has 4star/5star traits. And you trust your own evaluation? Idk man, I think I’ll let Mario and Alex take care of that. They have a track record. And all those guys were not Sewell types. They have a proven record on the oline

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can’t argue with the size and potential. Hopefully they’ll stay patient and put in the 2-3 yrs to develop.

Advertisement
Really putting it on Rutgers the last two days on the trail.

The wall of 3 stars is being built by Mirabel and Mario.
Please tell me you aren’t bragging about “putting it to Rutgers”…

I know nothing about this kid, not knocking the pick up, but you are making me feel Big East old talking about beating big bad Rotgut for a kid. How is Temple holding up?

Advertisement
Back