OT: EA Sports College Football game

I’ve gotten better I guess. Chris Johnson over Martinez any day. Moved Martinez as my goaline back and fletcher to FB to give him some burn. Team is definitely firing now. Haven’t tried ND or vtech again yet. USF had their way with my defense but was a bend not break defense type of game.
I like the wr screen to George or flip it to Restrepo. Biggest game changer though was getting Johnson in there. Hb stretch. Hb screen. Fake seam. Hb swing. Johnson is getting me 200 all purpose yards per game every game.
Is there a way to set CJ to auto sub during RB screens or something like that? I still like running with him too because he’s so fast but if I could set Martinez up with short yardage and CJ with anything outside that would be cool

Advertisement
Just gave up 40+ back to back games to Virginia Tech and Wake Forest. I am playing 7 minute quarters but it's still ridiculous. Our DBs are atrocious based on all the game opt outs.
On AA? Im still on varsity for at least a season but I just beat VT 31-28. I swear every time I had them at 3rd and long some fluke play would happen. Their final TD was a post our safety nearly picked it then both corner and other safety wiffed on tackles and he housed it 60 yards. So annoying. I’m playing 5 min quarter but I still only beat USF 28-14, their up tempo was gashing me. I feel confident on offense but need to work badly on D

Playing 10min quarters beat Florida 45-7 on All-American. Definitely need to learn pre snap reads on O and also understand the Offensive Line calls makes a big difference. I play mostly zone on D because our CB's tend to get cooked in man. Did have 2 pick 6's with Wesley and Powell. Bain and Alston are destroyers in the game.

With the AI models on Instagram now, why are the cheerleaders in all the sports games still so ugly.

AI influencer
1722035503063.webp

NBA2K (couldn't find one for College Football or Madden)
1722035706106.webp

Advertisement
Is there a way to set CJ to auto sub during RB screens or something like that? I still like running with him too because he’s so fast but if I could set Martinez up with short yardage and CJ with anything outside that would be cool
I run a lot of 2 back stuff and like the speed guy as 2nd back. So I move cjjr to the number 2 back and in the formation page (who uses coaches suggestions lol) you flick the rs to scroll thru sub options at formation screen (can sub in QB or your 2nd back, move wr, etc.)

3Rd down rb on depth chart.

Advertisement
3Rd down rb on depth chart.
This.

Also, on the formation playcall screen, before you see the play selection, you can use R3 (look @ bottom of screen) and you can adjust your subs and where players are lined up (Strong Slot, TE Slot, stuff like that). So, 1st and 10...want to sub CJJr in...just R3 before playcalling screen to 3rd Down Back and cook.

What everyone should like about this game, is it absolutely will help you improve your football IQ. Learning those basics of modern defense and offense is fun, too. Folks should watch some videos if you need help. Some good content online to catch you up.

I think someone mentioned it earlier, but when you make your coach in dynasty, try out tactician instead of using kavana who is a recruiter. Mario already got you plenty of blue chips. You can win with this team. And don’t schedule ND week 1 like I did the first time around. Riley Leonard is no joke.

Advertisement
This.

Also, on the formation playcall screen, before you see the play selection, you can use R3 (look @ bottom of screen) and you can adjust your subs and where players are lined up (Strong Slot, TE Slot, stuff like that). So, 1st and 10...want to sub CJJr in...just R3 before playcalling screen to 3rd Down Back and cook.

What everyone should like about this game, is it absolutely will help you improve your football IQ. Learning those basics of modern defense and offense is fun, too. Folks should watch some videos if you need help. Some good content online to catch you up.
Man I haven’t played a football game in ages and it’s showing lol thanks for that R3 tip

It looks like they copy and pasted them from NCAA 14. With all the hype, I was expecting better detail.

There's this Asian lady in the crowd who must really hate Miami because I've seen her at all our games cheering for our opponents. She even goes to our away games just to cheer against us.

We byke?

Advertisement
Just re-learning and updating our internal software with the advanced additions of the pre-snap protocols is a task and for anyone struggling right now, you need to focus on that on both sides of the football.

If you're just picking a play and riding with it, maybe a lil adjustment here n there, you're going to fall behind. You need to internalize(memorize, muscle memory it) those controls so you can then focus on your pre-snap reads and and make those lightning adjustments as you see them. If a team keeps giving you cushion, you gotta hot a speed out or something. When they press you, time to take'em to town. On offense, your alignment matters most. Find your more advantageous formation with your desired theatrics (RPO, PA, whatever) and make your adjustments on routes pre-snap. This is difficult af on the road, but you'll find you'll cook with Restrepo once you figure this out before he's a monster with his skill set on the road. He hears you the first time and has great body control and hands to get those outs and keep the chains movins.

This also goes for the more subtle stuff you need to post-snap with a QB on some of your more advanced plays, RPO, PA, pumps, etc.

On defense, figure out the shell you want, manipulate the front seven based on alignment and disguise your shells. This one is more complicated, and I am sure someone like @Memnon who likely has much faster response than I do at this point, can give better recommendations, as the hand-eye coordination needs to catch up on defense when the offense goes faster than I am ready for.
I second this post.

I'd also suggest to anyone struggling to find a good slider set. Been using this "All-American" set from operationsports.com https://forums.operationsports.com/...words-cfb-25-custom-dynasty-mode-sliders.html.

Ive been having some great games playing the cpu with these sliders. Ive never feel cheated or got anything to easy. Definitely having more fun playing the cpu rather then users online using 3 min qtrs. Every game feels different, and the different styles of play really shine. I beat Colorado 34-21 using West Virginia, lost to Temple 45-43 in a back and forth game on a last minute field goal using UAB, had a comeback win against GT down 14-3 before coming back to win to 24-20 using Boston College, and almost had a comeback win against Ohio St down 31-3 at halftime using Nebraska and cutting it down to 31-28 before they pulled away in the end to win 45-31.

@Memnon

I'm still learning the game. I'm really into it...its nerdy football ****.

You're out there pre-snap on defense, every snap adjusting your DBs, yes? Otherwise, base defense, you're getting vanilla in game. So you need to manually, pre-snap, see whats up, shade inside/outside, play underneath/overtop, press, bail whatever. This is what I assume is done at the highest levels of this game competitively? (someone here has to know...this stuff wasnt in the previous version and I'm guessing was already in Madden which is why I'm a dummy and people are already galaxy brained on this). Is there a way to speed this up, or you just gotta go. Or, only when you're feeling you got an idea. On the reverse, a player is seeing everything play out like chess in his mind and making adjustments when playing offense...it seems defense now reflects that as well as a user? Was very passive in previous editions. More user control and stick skill based, IMO.

@Memnon

I'm still learning the game. I'm really into it...its nerdy football ****.

You're out there pre-snap on defense, every snap adjusting your DBs, yes? Otherwise, base defense, you're getting vanilla in game. So you need to manually, pre-snap, see whats up, shade inside/outside, play underneath/overtop, press, bail whatever. This is what I assume is done at the highest levels of this game competitively? (someone here has to know...this stuff wasnt in the previous version and I'm guessing was already in Madden which is why I'm a dummy and people are already galaxy brained on this). Is there a way to speed this up, or you just gotta go. Or, only when you're feeling you got an idea. On the reverse, a player is seeing everything play out like chess in his mind and making adjustments when playing offense...it seems defense now reflects that as well as a user? Was very passive in previous editions. More user control and stick skill based, IMO.
Absolutely.

It all just depends on your opponent, your personnel & what situation you're in.

In year 1, I mostly played Cover 3 & Cover 4 Quarters coverage because the Secondary was slow. But after year 1, I completely revamped the Secondary via Portal & brought in 4 new Corners & 3 Safeties, so I play mostly Man coverage looks now.

This frees up your ability to adjust on the fly & call more Blitzes because you don't need your LB's to drop in coverage.

In the 4-2-5 Defense, I play the majority of snaps in Nickel. Over & 3-3 Mint. I really only use Double Mug if I know it's gonna be run play. But you can customize & change your Defensive audibles in the Coaching setting, so if you call a play & it looks pre-snap like you're out of position or going to get caught in the wrong look, you can have a set of audibles you can go check into right away.

I pretty much shift the DLine & move the LB's on every snap. When I call a Blitz, I'm shifting the DL to the side that the Blitz is coming from & moving the LB in so he'll essentially get a free reign rush. The key is just to have fast LB's on the field so when they do Blitz they get there fast.

Assuming you play on PS5, to audible your DB's it's Triangle & then left or right trigger to either Press, give cushion or show different looks. In the Red Zone, I usually will Show 3, but send a Blitz from the weak side. So if it's a run play I'll have a LB in the backfield by the time the RB gets to the LOS, or if it's a PA it'll likely be a Sack. If it's a straight up pass, I'll call a Cover 4 palms look so I do get beat on a Corner route. If they have 3 WR's on the field, I'll audible the Rover Safety to a Deep Shell & adjust the Strong side Backer to an underneath Flat zone, this basically eliminates the Slant.

On Defense, I strictly play at CB, usually Field side, but sometimes I'll switch to Nickel or Boundary. But pre-snap, I'm always adjusting the DLine & the LB's to create pressure upfront. I call the Defense already knowing what I want the DB's to do based on the down & the situation. So for instance, if it's 2nd down & 7, I already know they're not going to run the ball again (unless you're playing a run heavy team), so Im going Nickel & I'm calling Cover 2 Man coverage, that way my Safeties will drop back to protect the Deep ball & because I trust the other 2 Corners & know they can cover in Man. I'll lock down the WR1.

I call the Defense from the Outside-In, not the Inside-Out. The key really, is just getting that initial stop on 1st down. If you can get it to 2nd & 3rd down & longs, it becomes much easier to win on Defense because the CPU only has so many options they're going to choose from. Knowing this, you call the Defense that protects you from getting beat Deep & make adjustments at the DLine to create pressure. Even if you don’t get a Sack, as long as you have the correct personnel in your Secondary to cover you can get stops easy.

Just don't ever call Tampa 2 unless you're in the Red Zone or goaline lol.

Advertisement
Back