OT: EA Sports College Football game

What playbooks is everyone using? I’ve tried to use a very different styles, Tennessee veer and shoot is cool with the wide splits (makes running incredibly easy). Baylor Air Raid I liked, lots of RPOs to the perimeter which if you have a fast slot WR is dangerous.

Advertisement
What playbooks is everyone using? I’ve tried to use a very different styles, Tennessee veer and shoot is cool with the wide splits (makes running incredibly easy). Baylor Air Raid I liked, lots of RPOs to the perimeter which if you have a fast slot WR is dangerous.
I’m using the miami playbook. Online ranked games doesn’t let you change the playbook so might as well learn what to use so that you have plays that you know work and try online.

I’m weird I don’t like to play online and only do dynasties.
Then by all means 3-3-5 defense is good and might help stop the computer here and there

Alston and Bain are ruckus causers. I use Bain but Alston it’s having a defensive player of the year type of season.

Lightfoot actually feels smooth

Heisman. No sliders. 9 min quarters so I can emulate 65-80 snaps a game. Miami offense and 4-2-5.

It took me a solid week but I finally mastered Dawson’s playbook.

On Defense, I use Blount at the 3 tech on passing downs. This dude lives in the backfield.

Advertisement
Just in case anyone hasnt noticed, they have quietly been pushing out small roster updates. They have added a FB, and took away the created SS Dennis Knight for Miami.

I’m weird I don’t like to play online and only do dynasties.
I’m running oregons offensive playbook and trying every single different defensive playbook I can until I figure something out. I did just blank Manny Diaz’s Duke using the multiple defense playbook. But it’s also dook.

Ight it’s been a lil since this came out, I’ve only played a little at this point but I gotta say not being able to edit players, create players, or download community rosters has to be the lamest thing I’ve ever seen in a football video game.

It literally makes zero sense. So guys that are real you can’t edit any aspect of them BUT you can edit names and ratings for the created players that are meant as replacements for guys who didn’t opt in? Isn’t that the exact opposite of how it should be. So guys that didn’t opt in to the game can essentially be made by editing their replacement, but you can’t edit the guys who actually chose to enter the game? Truly a retarded decision.

Why can you edit Madden players and ratings? lol. Why are players that opted in, being treated any different than Madden players who essentially opted into the same thing?

Like you literally can’t even edit guys’ ******* position. Just lame. If I want to change Blount to a DT or Jaden Harris to a fs or cb I can’t do that. Just insane.

And not being able to edit ratings is even ******* dumber. Like I would understand not allowing editing ANY names for the protection of NIL stuff - especially generated players. But not being able to edit ratings is ******* crazy.

I honestly hate EA

Advertisement
I’m running oregons offensive playbook and trying every single different defensive playbook I can until I figure something out. I did just blank Manny Diaz’s Duke using the multiple defense playbook. But it’s also dook.
I had 4 pick sixes against Duke and had the most points I’ve ever scored, 83-20.

I think it’s just dook. Don’t get overconfident lol

IMG_5739.webp

Saw this in a FB group

Oklahoma St and Arizona are my 2 favorites so far

Advertisement
Ight it’s been a lil since this came out, I’ve only played a little at this point but I gotta say not being able to edit players, create players, or download community rosters has to be the lamest thing I’ve ever seen in a football video game.

It literally makes zero sense. So guys that are real you can’t edit any aspect of them BUT you can edit names and ratings for the created players that are meant as replacements for guys who didn’t opt in? Isn’t that the exact opposite of how it should be. So guys that didn’t opt in to the game can essentially be made by editing their replacement, but you can’t edit the guys who actually chose to enter the game? Truly a retarded decision.

Why can you edit Madden players and ratings? lol. Why are players that opted in, being treated any different than Madden players who essentially opted into the same thing?

Like you literally can’t even edit guys’ ******* position. Just lame. If I want to change Blount to a DT or Jaden Harris to a fs or cb I can’t do that. Just insane.

And not being able to edit ratings is even ******* dumber. Like I would understand not allowing editing ANY names for the protection of NIL stuff - especially generated players. But not being able to edit ratings is ******* crazy.

I honestly hate EA
You can move their positions just in the offseason of Dynasty. You can also move them into the depth chart at the position you want them in. I know, I'm OCD, too and it sucks...but its just us being OCD. I used to help edit rosters for the community on OS back in the day. I get it. I've learned to let go though.

Also, they are going to provide a roster update, it'll probably be closer to the season and they'll have constant roster updates. They aren't working with a full fledged Players Association that they can just get access to and then do whatever. They are working with a ton of different entities to make this happen and they've put a couple of safeguards in from getting sued again. I mean, it was US (the users and the community) that ****ed around and EA had to find out.

My OCD hates the numbers and class not lining up, so, I edited Miami's roster, but there are just some guys that don't line up for me so I don't use them. I turned Langston into Daryl Porter. The other corner whose name escapes me to Jadais Richard. You could head canon one of the freshman corners from Miami area into Damari Brown ("red shirt freshman durrr"), one of them could be Mack or Frederique, too. One is white, so turn him into Nick Kelly.

The RE McManus is an obvious Tyler Baron stand in. Just edit his rating. I like to get him to an 86 (1pt ahead of Alston)...ymmv. The freshman DT is basically a stand-in for Justin Scott. The Kramer kid is white, so just turn him into a walk-on (shouts to Sam Coufel!!). White guy at LE I turn into Cooper Ricks.

WR is tough, can't get Sam Brown out of that group. White guy is Kolby Luna! You can finesse Robby Washington, Ny Carr or Chance Robinson in there, though.

White TE you can make the walk-on Paskovich or turn him into a long snapper. Think the other Long Snapper (not Napper) is a Soph IRL.

Ford, the RT, bruv looks like KING MABLE (shouts to Big Vis), but I guess you can turn him into a much doper looking Juan Minaya. I can't find a way to get a decent Zach Carpenter in there, although, if you're ok with the blackface and another 3 years of eligibility, but my OCD doesn't allow this, so Ryan is my guy until the update. And he's actually pretty good (usually 2nd or 3rd on my team in pancakes in every game with the way I play...he's not bad).

You can easily make RB Compton into Jordan Lyle.

You can turn the FB into like Terrell Walden II.

The ones I can't get that kind of irritate me are Sam Brown, Zach Carpenter, you're sacrificing a CB in the rotation, and Artavius Jones (you could turn the stud FR DT into Jones and sacrifice Justin Scott...up to you).

On, that rogue LOLB MORGAN (that ****)...turn him into Chase Smith. MLB Beaston you could turn into Bob Washington I guess.

I think I covered it all for my like minded OCD folks out there. Can't use any of this **** online, but it'll soothe you over until the update maybe?

Good luck.

Advertisement
Nik Harbor is that you? Side note I made a 3 star QB for RTG, went UNLV and then transferred to South Carolina to have Harbor, and he’s not on the roster, must have transferred out. Stupid I wasn’t able to see that before transferring.

He transferred in my dynasty. Seems like Caleb Downs, J Smith, and Harbor are the big time transfers for the first year in dynasties.

You can move their positions just in the offseason of Dynasty. You can also move them into the depth chart at the position you want them in. I know, I'm OCD, too and it sucks...but its just us being OCD. I used to help edit rosters for the community on OS back in the day. I get it. I've learned to let go though.

Also, they are going to provide a roster update, it'll probably be closer to the season and they'll have constant roster updates. They aren't working with a full fledged Players Association that they can just get access to and then do whatever. They are working with a ton of different entities to make this happen and they've put a couple of safeguards in from getting sued again. I mean, it was US (the users and the community) that ****ed around and EA had to find out.

My OCD hates the numbers and class not lining up, so, I edited Miami's roster, but there are just some guys that don't line up for me so I don't use them. I turned Langston into Daryl Porter. The other corner whose name escapes me to Jadais Richard. You could head canon one of the freshman corners from Miami area into Damari Brown ("red shirt freshman durrr"), one of them could be Mack or Frederique, too. One is white, so turn him into Nick Kelly.

The RE McManus is an obvious Tyler Baron stand in. Just edit his rating. I like to get him to an 86 (1pt ahead of Alston)...ymmv. The freshman DT is basically a stand-in for Justin Scott. The Kramer kid is white, so just turn him into a walk-on (shouts to Sam Coufel!!). White guy at LE I turn into Cooper Ricks.

WR is tough, can't get Sam Brown out of that group. White guy is Kolby Luna! You can finesse Robby Washington, Ny Carr or Chance Robinson in there, though.

White TE you can make the walk-on Paskovich or turn him into a long snapper. Think the other Long Snapper (not Napper) is a Soph IRL.

Ford, the RT, bruv looks like KING MABLE (shouts to Big Vis), but I guess you can turn him into a much doper looking Juan Minaya. I can't find a way to get a decent Zach Carpenter in there, although, if you're ok with the blackface and another 3 years of eligibility, but my OCD doesn't allow this, so Ryan is my guy until the update. And he's actually pretty good (usually 2nd or 3rd on my team in pancakes in every game with the way I play...he's not bad).

You can easily make RB Compton into Jordan Lyle.

You can turn the FB into like Terrell Walden II.

The ones I can't get that kind of irritate me are Sam Brown, Zach Carpenter, you're sacrificing a CB in the rotation, and Artavius Jones (you could turn the stud FR DT into Jones and sacrifice Justin Scott...up to you).

On, that rogue LOLB MORGAN (that ****)...turn him into Chase Smith. MLB Beaston you could turn into Bob Washington I guess.

I think I covered it all for my like minded OCD folks out there. Can't use any of this **** online, but it'll soothe you over until the update maybe?

Good luck.
It just makes absolutely zero sense that to protect NIL of players, you would allow the auto generated players to be edited but not the players that signed up and were paid to have their name and likeness in the game. It’s literally the opposite of how it should be.

I really don’t see what is the problem with having the ability to edit players that opted in. There should be literally zero liability on EAs end. Yeah I’m sure dealing with all the players individually instead of a union is more complicated, but I don’t for a second believe it is a different contract.

Advertisement
Back