Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
They're not winning championships, they're simply the QB's on the TEAMS that are winning championships. They're interchangeable players that are easily replaceable.
Some guys like that even win Heismans, too.

1717553006024.jpeg

1st round QB's that have been drafted over the last 7 years.

2017:
- Mitchell Trubisky (#2 overall pick)
- Pat Mahomes (#10 pick)
- DeShaun Watson (#12 pick)

2018:
- Baker Mayfield (#1 pick)
- Sam Darnold (#3 pick)
- Josh Allen (#7 pick)
- Josh Rosen (#10 pick)
- Lamar Jackson (#32 pick)

2019:
- Kyle Murray (#1 pick)
- Daniel Jones (#6 pick)
- Dwayne Haskins (#15 pick)

2020:
- Joe Burrow (#1 pick)
- Tua Tagovailoa (#5 pick)
- Justin Herbert (#6 pick)
- Jordan Love (#26 pick)

2021:
- Trevor Lawrence (#1 pick)
- Zach Wilson (#2 pick)
- Trey Lance (#3 pick)
- Justin Fields (#11 pick)
- Mac Jones (#15 pick)

2022:
- Kenny Pickett (#20 pick)

2023:
- Bryce Young (#1 pick)
- CJ Stroud (#2 pick)
- Anthony Richardson (#4 pick)

So again, being a #1 pick, or a 1st round pick in general doesn't really mean anything. The drafts every year are littered with QB's who get picked high who bust. So just because Beck may get picked #1 or somewhere high in the 1st round, does. not. mean. he. will. be. a. good. QB. The odds of him being a bust if he's picked #1 are actually higher than him becoming an All-pro.
I agree, but The first Qb selected hits at a much higher rate.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ole Miss signed 4 RB's out the Winter & Spring Portal

- Rashad Amos
- Dominique Thomas
- Logan Diggs
- Henry Parrish

Plus, they returned Ulysses Bentley from last year (who they got from SMU).

Between the 5 of them, that's 3,009yds of rushing production combined (all from last year).

Of course JCM was gonna high-tail it outta there after Amos flipped his commitment back to Ole Miss again, he was basically gonna be the 6th back, but he's as good as most RB1's in the country.

And I believe (iirc), Ole Miss signed at least 2 ATH's in their 24 class that will likely end up playing RB as well.

Ole Miss signed 4 RB's out the Winter & Spring Portal

- Rashad Amos
- Dominique Thomas
- Logan Diggs
- Henry Parrish

Plus, they returned Ulysses Bentley from last year (who they got from SMU).

Between the 5 of them, that's 3,009yds of rushing production combined (all from last year).

Of course JCM was gonna high-tail it outta there after Amos flipped his commitment back to Ole Miss again, he was basically gonna be the 6th back, but he's as good as most RB1's in the country.

And I believe (iirc), Ole Miss signed at least 2 ATH's in their 24 class that will likely end up playing RB as well.
Personally I don't think getting 4 guys really is all that good of a plan. But guess it depends on how much each is getting NIL wise. I'd rather be in our situation with having an undquestioned dude and having young guys with good potential behind. I'd prefer to keep Parish over Ajay Allen though as a safetyline.

Lane knows this is his time to strike with Saban leaving Bama though, and not even needing to win the SEC with CFP going to 12. UGA offensively is likely to take a step back from last season I'd guess. LSU probably one of their harder opponents but they just lost Heisman QB and two 1st round WRs. They're going to kill Florida. OU and Kentucky should be tough battles, but both are breaking out new QBs and they got them both at Home. I expect them to make the CFP right now. Even if you have UGA and Texas as above them which is reasonable, I think they'd make it as even the 4th or 5th best SEC program. I'd put them ahead of UTenn, OU, and Bama today.

He's going to Have Ole Miss' offense cooking without a doubt. Not sure they are going to have anyone offensively that is performing elite or anything, but I think it'll just be a lot of guys producing. Defense probably still a question, but they went and got two of the bigger names in the portal on the DL too. I'm not sure about their Oline, think they brought in like 2-3 starters in portal? Which would have it's risks... That's probably the only thing that'd slow this offense down

Personally I don't think getting 4 guys really is all that good of a plan. But guess it depends on how much each is getting NIL wise. I'd rather be in our situation with having an undquestioned dude and having young guys with good potential behind. I'd prefer to keep Parish over Ajay Allen though as a safetyline.

Lane knows this is his time to strike with Saban leaving Bama though, and not even needing to win the SEC with CFP going to 12. UGA offensively is likely to take a step back from last season I'd guess. LSU probably one of their harder opponents but they just lost Heisman QB and two 1st round WRs. They're going to kill Florida. OU and Kentucky should be tough battles, but both are breaking out new QBs and they got them both at Home. I expect them to make the CFP right now. Even if you have UGA and Texas as above them which is reasonable, I think they'd make it as even the 4th or 5th best SEC program. I'd put them ahead of UTenn, OU, and Bama today.

He's going to Have Ole Miss' offense cooking without a doubt. Not sure they are going to have anyone offensively that is performing elite or anything, but I think it'll just be a lot of guys producing. Defense probably still a question, but they went and got two of the bigger names in the portal on the DL too. I'm not sure about their Oline, think they brought in like 2-3 starters in portal? Which would have it's risks... That's probably the only thing that'd slow this offense down
They use a lot of RB's & normally have a 3-man rotation, they run the ball a lot in their system & because they play at such a high tempo they rotate RB's in frequently.

They signed 5 CB's, 2 Safeties & a LB from the Portal, plus recruited & signed 7 more DB's from HS. They also picked up 2 Edge rushers. They pretty much just revamped their entire team with starting production.

The 2 OL's they signed were starters on Washington's line. I don't think adding 2 starting OL's would negatively affect an Offense, especially when they have a plethora of RB's & WR's. It certainly helped us when we signed Lee & Cohen (at least until TVD went braind dead lol), but overall adding depth to your OL when you already have a loaded Offense normally has a good impact.

Their Portal class was absolutely stacked, I'd say the only other team that had as many A+ adds was us, with the exception of CB & Safety. But Ole Miss definitely is lining up to make a run this season.

They use a lot of RB's & normally have a 3-man rotation, they run the ball a lot in their system & because they play at such a high tempo they rotate RB's in frequently.

They signed 5 CB's, 2 Safeties & a LB from the Portal, plus recruited & signed 7 more DB's from HS. They also picked up 2 Edge rushers. They pretty much just revamped their entire team with starting production.

The 2 OL's they signed were starters on Washington's line. I don't think adding 2 starting OL's would negatively affect an Offense, especially when they have a plethora of RB's & WR's. It certainly helped us when we signed Lee & Cohen (at least until TVD went braind dead lol), but overall adding depth to your OL when you already have a loaded Offense normally has a good impact.

Their Portal class was absolutely stacked, I'd say the only other team that had as many A+ adds was us, with the exception of CB & Safety. But Ole Miss definitely is lining up to make a run this season.
Maybe Lane sees the end of the light coming at Ole Miss and wants to end it on a bang (only to probably fail miserably)

Advertisement
Maybe Lane sees the end of the light coming at Ole Miss and wants to end it on a bang (only to probably fail miserably)
Two recent seasons being the best seasons in Ole Miss history and raiding the portal -- the end is near... death upon us...

Two subpar seasons at Miami and raiding the portal -- god is good -- we're ****** fuccin...

Ya'll are nuts...

Two recent seasons being the best seasons in Ole Miss history and raiding the portal -- the end is near... death upon us...

Two subpar seasons at Miami and raiding the portal -- god is good -- we're ****** fuccin...

Ya'll are nuts...
Lane has a history of sudden exits so it really isn't that far fetched. If Gaytes truly implode and fire BN it's hard to not imagine they target Lane.

Ya'll are nuts...
I never said either of the one's happening.

But I won't bother with illiterate morons anymore, keep the post up, so everyone's having a good laugh at your expense.

Advertisement
Lane has a history of sudden exits so it really isn't that far fetched. If Gaytes truly implode and fire BN it's hard to not imagine they target Lane.

What would be sudden about his exit?

How does that equate to “end of the light” and “failing miserably”?

I never said either of the one's happening.

But I won't bother with illiterate morons anymore, keep the post up, so everyone's having a good laugh at your expense.

Aggressive German guy being Aggressive German guy… cool

I don’t go back in time and delete posts. Lane continuing to hit the portal to make a better run is smart. Miami to hit the portal to make a better run is also smart.

I find it curious why you see one of those as: one coach seeing the end of the light coming and only to probably fail miserably when the coach has had successful seasons at the school and improved their roster…

Advertisement
Back