LANCE GUIDRY

They played bend don’t break. They gave up yards, but not as many points. Forced a lot of field goals. And they had ****** offenses that continued to go 3 and out.
This is 10000000000pk x100000000 lack of talent. I don't want to harp and bring up old "i tried to tall ya" but this was noticable in the UF game. We don't have the speed. Heck we barely even have the size at LB. We need to drop serious money in the portal on defense.

And if they aren't in the portal, we need to find a way to get em in there. 🤣
It’s not that simple. We don’t lack talent. Teams in the ACC aren’t just out talenting us.. they are out coaching us period!! Everyone is doing the same **** to us and we just cannot fix it! And it’s the same guys! Put some other dudes out there!! Don’t tell me they don’t have other guys! THERE’S OTHER PLAYERS!! Even if they are ******* walk ons!! Put them in the ******* game! If they **** up, put someone else until you find someone decent!

Advertisement
Al Folden's stupid defense was primarily the wrong scheme. Yes, his buddy running it didn't help either. We were usually beat presnap. With Guidry, it's a ton of things. Bad scheme/play calling, bad tackling, poor angles, etc.

Golden's defense was worse, but I actually feel they tackled better and didn't give up as many big plays.
Yeah they forced a lot of field goals

Advertisement
I mean by default you have to blame Guidry because he's the DC but I really don't think there are any adjustments to be made. Our secondary just isn't good enough. I put alot of blame on Mario for not recruiting enough secondary players in that 2023 class where we only ended up with Brown & Stafford. Its coming back to bite us this season

Advertisement
I get mad at tackling…but it isnt just that….
This D Line does not DOMINATE and that leaves are back 7 vulnerable
Georgia is having issues tackling on back end….

It starts up front Bain and company are letting the D down imo
Gotta get to quarterback early and often and we aren’t doing it

Advertisement
SUCKS!!!!!! This defense is historically awful and he refuses to make adjustments.
defense sucks, but he's making adjustments, think we underestimated cam and james williams ability to tackle ... we have no safeties to clean up mistakes ... personally i'm playing patterson a helluva lot more going forward, harris is killin me

Advertisement
Also noticed our LBs play much better when they’re set in the traditional 3-5 yards off the ball alignment with everything in front of them. Maybe it’s time to tone down the blitz looks and just let them line up and play. You can still blitz from 2-3 off the ball. Or at least have them back off even if they’re blitzing on that play.

Also, regardless of where R Washington and any other corner is at development wise, if they can run get them out there. Have em play man if need be. Hill and Richards have to be in perfect position and even then they lose the angle due to lack of speed.

Could Guidry be better? Sure. But this is a lack of talent and experience issue. Look at Dawson. Everyone was questioning his calls and execution last season, now he has an excellent quarterback and better players at skill positions and its the best offense in the country.

I am way more concerned about how we improve the talent level in the secondary than I am with Guidry.

Our safeties are smelly… exposes the entire defense. Kiko looks like a different guy. I know they have a heavy part of the budget allocated towards the defense for next year. I presume the portal will be 5-7 defensive players based on conversations I’ve had. I don’t know enough about running a defense to criticize Lance. The one thing he did that I hated was rushing three and giving their qb all ******* day on that td. Fact is we can out score any team in the country… and any team in the county can score on us

Could Guidry be better? Sure. But this is a lack of talent and experience issue. Look at Dawson. Everyone was questioning his calls and execution last season, now he has an excellent quarterback and better players at skill positions and its the best offense in the country.

I am way more concerned about how we improve the talent level in the secondary than I am with Guidry.
Lance Guidry burner account?!

Advertisement
Back