LANCE GUIDRY

The secondary, safety’s in particular, are Guidry’s baby. This is on him. It’s also on Mario for allowing Guidry to select these mid *** JAGs.

Many spoke about this happening back in the offseason. How Mario didn’t go all in on the secondary and cheap with the Powell’s, Richard’s and Hills of the world is beyond me.

Also, get Harris out of my TV screen.
To me, the question is whether we would prefer to have Cam Ward or a better secondary. I know there is a lot more money flowing through the program right now but there still is a limit. To me, Mario made the right call to pay Cam what he needed to come here and then pay less for the secondary. We are seeing the results.

Advertisement
To me, the question is whether we would prefer to have Cam Ward or a better secondary. I know there is a lot more money flowing through the program right now but there still is a limit. To me, Mario made the right call to pay Cam what he needed to come here and then pay less for the secondary. We are seeing the results.
Why does it have to be one or the other? Lol That’s not the case at all.

A unit isn’t THIS bad because of bad talent or bad coaching alone, its clearly both. Now guidry and that staff have another part of their job they need to do at a higher level and thats recruiting in the portal and hs level.

They decided to go after meesh, and settle with richards and harris as top rotation players. Everyone knew we needed upgrades there and they didn’t act on it enough so there isn’t anyone else to blame for the talent part but them

Scheme wise this is starting to look like a manny diaz defense more and more every week with how easy teams exploit the same **** every weak. We dont do basic **** right just like we didn’t with manny

Vtech scored there 2nd most points in p4 play vs us(34)and there 3rd highest(37) in general is old dominion and then marhsall(31) u telling me our talent and player iq is similar to those two teams? Not buying that

We are the only p4 team to allow cal to score 31 on us, the other two that did are UC davis and San Diego st, you telling me our talent level and player iq level is similar to those teams? Naw im not buying that

Louisville scored their highest amount vs us in p4 play, smu held them to 27 at home,Virginia held them to 24, gtech held them to 31…Yall telling me all of those teams have much better talent and player iq than us? Im not buying it man.

Yall chalk **** like this up to oh we are every team’s superbowl...no we are just getting out coached and out played in those areas its that simple any other explanation is cope.

As much as I like Kiko, he’s constantly getting torched out there as well, because he fails to break down and make a tackle. We’re gonna have to drop a ton of money in the portal in the off-season for DB and I’d say a middle linebacker at this point as well.

And QB and WR. Welcome to the new world of college football. It’s a talent acquisition game now! @DMoney post the link

A unit isn’t THIS bad because of bad talent or bad coaching alone, its clearly both. Now guidry and that staff have another part of their job they need to do at a higher level and thats recruiting in the portal and hs level.

They decided to go after meesh, and settle with richards and harris as top rotation players. Everyone knew we needed upgrades there and they didn’t act on it enough so there isn’t anyone else to blame for the talent part but them

Scheme wise this is starting to look like a manny diaz defense more and more every week with how easy teams exploit the same **** every weak. We dont do basic **** right just like we didn’t with manny

Vtech scored there 2nd most points in p4 play vs us(34)and there 3rd highest(37) in general is old dominion and then marhsall(31) u telling me our talent and player iq is similar to those two teams? Not buying that

We are the only p4 team to allow cal to score 31 on us, the other two that did are UC davis and San Diego st, you telling me our talent level and player iq level is similar to those teams? Naw im not buying that

Louisville scored their highest amount vs us in p4 play, smu held them to 27 at home,Virginia held them to 24, gtech held them to 31…Yall telling me all of those teams have much better talent and player iq than us? Im not buying it man.

Yall chalk **** like this up to oh we are every team’s superbowl...no we are just getting out coached and out played in those areas its that simple any other explanation is cope.

It will be interesting to see if Guidry stays next year. Not going to worry about it now but not sure he is a long term fix here. Maybe one more year cause I do like the guy and I think he can coach. The talent in the secondary is an issue but some of that is on the previous defensive coaches. I think he will get 1 more year from Mario.

Advertisement
How many "adjustments" do you make before you realize that you have untalented players who aren't very smart, football speaking?
The whole is a helluva a lot less than the sum of its individual parts.

It's amazing how when a UGA (pick any good defense) defender hits someone they actually go down.

It will be interesting to see if Guidry stays next year. Not going to worry about it now but not sure he is a long term fix here. Maybe one more year cause I do like the guy and I think he can coach. The talent in the secondary is an issue but some of that is on the previous defensive coaches. I think he will get 1 more year from Mario.
Schematically I don’t believe he is sound enough for this program to take the next step. The dude is a great g5 dc in my opinion

Didn't he just get a big extension?

Advertisement
Better secondary could have been instead of Martinez.

Advertisement
I’d kill to have Al Golden as our DC

Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

Advertisement
Then put in different players. This is getting ridiculous and embarrassing and I’m especially ****ed off because I was saying all offseason we needed to get some players in the back 7 from the portal so we don’t waste our one season with Cam Ward.

Nope we wanted to save the NIL money and now here we are, bargain basement transfers like Hill and Powell are gonna get us killed against a team with a pulse.

I’m glad to be 7-0 but I’m done defending this abortion. What the **** did they do during the bye week?

At the VERY LEAST, even an untalented player should be able to know their assignments and tackle. This is the worst tackling football team I’ve EVER seen.

Fire Guidry.
We got Hill, Powell and Richard in the portal. That’s 60% of the secondary. Who was available in the portal that we missed on and would’ve been an upgrade over those guys?

I feel your frustration. I do. I’m one of the guys who has been saying tap the brakes on the idea of just put in the next guy - they’re back ups for a reason, but I had a mild change of heart in that game. I don’t remember which Louisville TD it was, but there was a misdirection/fake where Harris and the LB both bit and left the RB/WR wide open for the TD. You know, poor eye discipline. Same stuff we’ve been talking about. In that moment I thought what’s the difference if we give up a TD with Harris on the field or with Patterson on the field, it’s six points either way! You literally can’t do worse.

Also, Kiko has been bad this year.

Advertisement
Back