LANCE GUIDRY

I feel like we greatly overrated Guidry as a DC. Sure we got some player talent issues but the whole ACC is playing better defense then we are right now. I gotta look at Guidry here. So think about it that UNC who got torched by James Madison and now they have a better D then us

Advertisement
The issues are both coaching and talent.

Guidry is trying to create big plays a DC can only mask so much. Any many calls just don't work.

We're being gashed repeatedly. In the run defense and pass defense.

For one example, Barron stunted inside and left the edge open on the long TD run by LV . Other player(s) were supposed to take the edge but play more straight up, IMO.

That and tackling is torturous.

Last edited:
I think it’s time for you start viewing our offense as top tier.. cause they are. Matter of a fact.. they’re the best in the nation and that was with a so so run game.
IMG_6151.jpeg

They the “BEST IN THA NATION”!!

Advertisement
We're the worst scoring defense in the ACC against in-conference opponents.

We can talk about talent on defense, but is it the case that we have worse talent than every other ACC defense?
I can’t believe we’re still discussing the talent as an excuse . Now imagine what CIS would be saying if it were another program in year three doing this ? Everyone on the planet knew cb has been a sure for a couple years but now we’re taking it serious in recruiting this cycle.

I can’t believe we’re still discussing the talent as an excuse . Now imagine what CIS would be saying if it were another program in year three doing this ? Everyone on the planet knew cb has been a sure for a couple years but now we’re taking it serious in recruiting this cycle.
Is it poor player evaluations in the secondary or preferring to use more budget in other positions?

Guidry Guidry Guidry…We have talent..everybody in the country wanted most of our players! You cant prepare for every team the same way with the same defense…switch it up! 3-4 ,4-3.. hardly any stunts, no blitzes.. we werent ready for a fake punt / FGs. Playing with no attitude, just hanging on… set the tone,.. blitz on play number 1…an offense playing from behind has less options so in this case our offense has to “mask” the defense..and by the way, Miami is not back until we score on defense and special teams. .PS some starter have to play on kickoffs, no just players trying to crack the lineup cuz maybe they wont…aarrrrrhrhhhahhaaggggghh!!!!

Advertisement
His scheme is too wide open for this group.... players still moving in position before the snap causes them to be out of position.....it's like the dbs are ten yards off where they're not capable of making up ground.... doesn't have the necessary closing speed to run what he's running....Harris is the only one with decent speed but his IQ and angles are horrendous in open space....with a dominant front and weak backend...he needs to play a base press cover 2... the pass rush would have more time to get to the qb....

**** poor game plan, you had a pocket QB that doesn’t like to run. We did not scheme around that at all.
Rushing 3 and dropping 8 was a disaster. Every time we did put pressure on him he either threw early or was flushed out of the pocket. Not sure why he didn’t see that and continue the pressure.
Also, can’t have our ML covering their running back out on the flats on every play.

Advertisement
Dmoney blamed the last DB coach said he didn’t like to recruit.
He didn’t like to recruit and tbh rubbed HS coaches and players wrong. We’ve also missed on evaluations and guys at the top of the board. Obviously the coaching has been an issue as well. We have a lot of the same issues popping up that happened under Manny. You could just say it without fear of the mob mounting an attack lol.

Advertisement
**** poor game plan, you had a pocket QB that doesn’t like to run. We did not scheme around that at all.
Rushing 3 and dropping 8 was a disaster. Every time we did put pressure on him he either threw early or was flushed out of the pocket. Not sure why he didn’t see that and continue the pressure.
Also, can’t have our ML covering their running back out on the flats on every play.
I may have to check the tape but I believe I saw early in the 2nd half we had them in 4th and long and he rushed 3 and spied Bain 🤣🤣

The guy is totally losing it. If he keeps this crap up that exit interview with Mario is going to be rough and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s forced out. You can’t lay a dud like this when the talent level is raised so significantly like it was this year everywhere besides db

The tackling is Manny level bad but let’s make excuses for that. I guess that’s not a coaching issue now lol
The secondary, safety’s in particular, are Guidry’s baby. This is on him. It’s also on Mario for allowing Guidry to select these mid *** JAGs.

Many spoke about this happening back in the offseason. How Mario didn’t go all in on the secondary and cheap with the Powell’s, Richard’s and Hills of the world is beyond me.

Also, get Harris out of my TV screen.

Advertisement
Back