LANCE GUIDRY

Advertisement
you guys said the same **** about dawson last year and now he has the talent to execute and he's being praised

guidry is a good defensive coordinator
ppl were saying we were lucky to have him and what a breath of fresh air in his interviews.
Season 8 Wait GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

#7 is bad, but the worst player in that secondary, in my opinion, is Hill. He looks lost on almost every play, and cannot cover or tackle. Teams rarely throw to O.J.’s side because he can cover. Porter gives up some plays, but also makes some plays and has been steady. The dudes that are killing us are Hill, Harris and Meesh. They cannot tackle or cover anyone.

For those that are screaming for more zone, that’s a terrible idea. The couple of times that we tried playing zone yesterday, we got torched. We rushed 3 and got absolutely no pressure on their QB, and he carved us up. One of them was the 31-yard TD to Brooks over the middle in the endzone. He was wide open. We need to stop letting WR’s get free releases at the line of scrimmage, and disguise our coverages, which we don’t really do much.

Our DL has also not played up to par, as they’re not getting consistent pressure on opposing QB’s, and often don’t finish plays that they should. Too many missed tackles on all levels of defense.

Advertisement
#7 is bad, but the worst player in that secondary, in my opinion, is Hill. He looks lost on almost every play, and cannot cover or tackle. Teams rarely throw to O.J.’s side because he can cover. Porter gives up some plays, but also makes some plays and has been steady. The dudes that are killing us are Hill, Harris and Meesh. They cannot tackle or cover anyone.

For those that are screaming for more zone, that’s a terrible idea. The couple of times that we tried playing zone yesterday, we got torched. We rushed 3 and got absolutely no pressure on their QB, and he carved us up. One of them was the 31-yard TD to Brooks over the middle in the endzone. He was wide open. We need to stop letting WR’s get free releases at the line of scrimmage, and disguise our coverages, which we don’t really do much.

Our DL has also not played up to par, as they’re not getting consistent pressure on opposing QB’s, and often don’t finish plays that they should. Too many missed tackles on all levels of defense.
7, 19, and 25 are tied for the worst player in the secondary...

Amazing on people are flipping on Guidry after 3 poor games and comparing it to Golden's and *****'s defense

There were people in the gameday discussion complaining about Dawson as well, the OC of the best offense in the NCAA

TrumpyCane thinks our fans have to be mentally ill

It's not 3 poor games. His defenses are giving up 31 points per game against ACC opponents since taking over.

It's not 3 poor games. His defenses are giving up 31 points per game against ACC opponents since taking over.

We gave up over 30 or more twice last year in 8 ACC games

Like TrumpyCane said people are going crazy because of 3 games this season

For comparisons sake in only ACC games last few years

2022 4x in 8 games
2021: 5x
2020: 4x

Cope how you want. It is still 31 given up per game since he took over. Safety play has also been bad with different groups of starters since he took over and that's his "specialty." He has been bad period.
We gave up over 30 twice last year in 8 ACC games

Like TrumpyCane said people are going crazy because of 3 games this season

Advertisement
Then put in different players. This is getting ridiculous and embarrassing and I’m especially ****ed off because I was saying all offseason we needed to get some players in the back 7 from the portal so we don’t waste our one season with Cam Ward.

Nope we wanted to save the NIL money and now here we are, bargain basement transfers like Hill and Powell are gonna get us killed against a team with a pulse.

I’m glad to be 7-0 but I’m done defending this abortion. What the **** did they do during the bye week?

At the VERY LEAST, even an untalented player should be able to know their assignments and tackle. This is the worst tackling football team I’ve EVER seen.

Fire Guidry.
I have been one of Guidry's biggest supporters but what I've seen the last few weeks has me thinking that I have greatly overrated the man as a DC. While it's true that we have a serious talent issue in the secondary, your last paragraph is the most damning. "At the VERY LEAST, even an untalented player should be able to know their assignments and tackle."

I think it's become clear that Guidry's entire scheme is completely busted and that he keeps looking for answers within the scheme when it's the structural nature of his scheme that is unnecessarily overcomplicating things for players who are already at a talent disadvantage.

Cope how you want. It is still 31 given up per game since he took over. Safety play has also been bad with different groups of starters since he took over and that's his "specialty." He has been bad period.

Great rebuttal

Once again the numbers are skewed because of this year like TrumpyCane originally said but thanks for trying to argue

Advertisement
Lol...he has given up 30 in all 3 ACC games this year with 5 ACC games left. You don't think this D is giving up more 30 point games? Ok.

What does this have to do with anything TrumpyCane said?

We aren't giving up 30 to FSU, Wake, Duke, or GT

Advertisement
What does this have to do with anything TrumpyCane said?

We aren't giving up 30 to FSU, Wake, Duke, or GT

It has everything to do with it.

Oh yeah, just like VT and Cal weren't going to drop 30 on us either. Add 14 points to any offenses scoring average when they play us.

Advertisement
Back