LANCE GUIDRY

Is our defensive talent that much worse than UVA? because they did a much better job agsint this same L-ville offense.

And is our defensive talent that much worse than GT (held UL to 31 pts) and SMU (held UL to 27 pts)?

The only teams that gave up more points to Louisville than us have been Austin-Peay and Jax St.

In UL's three previous games against ACC opponents they averaged 27 points. Against us they scored 45 points. We gave up 18 points more than the average of UL's other ACC opponents.

Advertisement
And is our defensive talent that much worse than GT (held UL to 31 pts) and SMU (held UL to 27 pts)?

The only teams that gave up more points to Louisville than us have been Austin-Peay and Jax St.

In UL's three previous games against ACC opponents they averaged 27 points. Against us they scored 45 points. We gave up 18 points more than the average of UL's other ACC opponents.
But remember, we’re every teams Super Bowl and suddenly they all play that much better because it’s against Miami. Apparently our defensive talent is so bad, we’re on Jax State and Austin-Peay levels.

Not gonna s**t all over the D, they had good moments, a TD, held UL, until ST gave up fake punt 1st down. Need to take a hard look at ST. How about put the ball in the EZ , EVERY F**KING TIME. Does the DB play suck, yes. Are the LB’s slow and out of position sometimes, yes often. Here’s something novel, how bout we PLAY THOSE F**KING KIDS EVERYONE HAS BEEN RAVING ABOUT. We’re coming into a stretch where they can get some experience. Could it be any worse? Maybe or maybe not.Time to roll the f**king dice🙌🏽

Advertisement
I don’t think it is what Guidry is coaching as much as the players making bad decisions
I thought the bulk of Louisville chunk plays came stunts and twists. How does that make players decisions the issue? They actually executed the design by all accounts.

He needs to BLITZ, BLITZ, BLITZ, and BLITZ consistently to rush these youngs FSU QB's into mistakes.

I don’t think we will have to blitz them much honestly. They will likely be down their starting LT, their RT is probably the worst tackle in P4, their center is tiny and their guards are basura. Maybe bring an extra to make it 5 every now and then but I expect the killer B’s to clean up here.

Advertisement
Guidry is not a Power 5 defensive coordinator, the players under his watch after 2 years have regressed.
Mario took a chance with him but this defense is going to eventually cost us a game this year playing like this.
I’m so happy we dominated Florida A&M, Ball State, South Florida and even Florida to an extent but last 3 games we have almost averaged giving up 40 points per game. SMFH …

Guidry is not a Power 5 defensive coordinator, the players under his watch after 2 years have regressed.
Mario took a chance with him but this defense is going to eventually cost us a game this year playing like this.
I’m so happy we dominated Florida A&M, Ball State, South Florida and even Florida to an extent but last 3 games we have almost averaged giving up 40 points per game. SMFH …
This is literally his power5 DC job in his entire 30 yr career. He is running a scheme that does not fit his personnel-you must adjust. Harris and Richard are simply unplayable! Let's not forget how bad Kam and Williams looked last year in this scheme. Guidry is a great guy, but defending SWAC and MAC offenses is not the same as we see at this level.

I don’t think we will have to blitz them much honestly. They will likely be down their starting LT, their RT is probably the worst tackle in P4, their center is tiny and their guards are basura. Maybe bring an extra to make it 5 every now and then but I expect the killer B’s to clean up here.

I agree and I think they really need to get the young guys some major burn early even if that means keeping letting FSU stay in the game for longer than expected.. We all read about Ryan Mack having a good camp, throw him out at Safety, Justin Scott, Cole M, Blount, and Josh Horton all should get early snaps

Advertisement
How many "adjustments" do you make before you realize that you have untalented players who aren't very smart, football speaking?
Idk if it's Guidry or the players, but they try to make plays like they have all the athleticism in the world.
1) eliminate Mauigoa covering anyone, keep him in the box/covering TE
2) keep #7 close to LOS, he doesn't have speed to cover the backend
3) #0 is a ballhawk, leave him back there

for the love of God
4) force players to stop shooting gaps

I believe that was universal hoped. Clearly it was the recruiting strategy.
I expected guys like Harris and Meesh to be reliable. We could get a little weird up front because I thought those guys would give up yards but probably not give up a ton of big plays

That was the hope anyway…the whole “on the rails” thing we heard about and why some guys don’t start until they are “trusted”

Which oddly enough we have seen some moments where we do just that and we roll but it’s like we just can’t help ourselves

Advertisement
I get it, we’ve been a ****** D.
The number is actually 34 ppg on the D.

I’ll repeat, we’ve been ******.
That 34 should be less than 20 ppg.

Guidry needs to figure out at this point if we’re gonna be elite at stopping the run or stopping the pass and playing coverage soft boxes…

Because he’s trying to do both right now and failing miserably letting offenses do whatever they want whenever they want… ******* pick one and dominate it and get the other team to adjust their gameplan

Advertisement
Back