LANCE GUIDRY

Advertisement
@Coach Macho what do you think of letting Restrepo play some snaps on defense moving forward?
If Restrepo would've played DB coming in, we'd be raving about him being one of our best DBs ever, imo. Hybrid CB/S would've been his $$$ position, like our version of the honey badger.

Last edited:
excited the waterboy GIF

He keeps putting the same bad players out there expecting a different result . How many times can they make the same mistakes before u try someone different
I’m with you here but also when the backups come in they show quickly why they are backups

Patterson is about the only bench player I see moving into a bigger role and making a potential impact. I like Williams but saw him a couple times yesterday just lost and flailing

Advertisement
Idk if it's Guidry or the players, but they try to make plays like they have all the athleticism in the world.
1) eliminate Mauigoa covering anyone, keep him in the box/covering TE
2) keep #7 close to LOS, he doesn't have speed to cover the backend
3) #0 is a ballhawk, leave him back there

for the love of God
4) force players to stop shooting gaps
Not saying your list of strategies would or wouldn't help with the issues on defense, but #0 is not a ballhawk. He was good against Florida and has been terrible since. He's bad in pass coverage and God awful in run support. Between him and #7, we have the worst starting safeties I've ever seen fielded at Miami.

Advertisement
they didnt settle. elite db's rarely enter the portal.
Didn’t have to be elite players, and they brought in two guys to a clear depleted room. I think i remember mario saying he likes the group as well, he puts alot on coaches to develop but sometimes u gotta get better options

Advertisement
Glass 1/8th full:
They’ve made the stops when they had to.
I think this is getting sort of kind of somewhat lost here. There is *something* to work with here, and beyond just the DL too. I feel like a key scheme change and one or two personnel changes and this defense could look totally different. It's not going to be a top 5 or even top 10 defense in the country this year but we probably don't need it to be. Just need it to not totally suck.

Anyone saying this isn’t on Guidry is flat out wrong. He’s running a scheme he knows and is not adapting to his personnel.

Dawson last year wanted to throw and throw some more, once he realized his QB couldn’t complete a pass to anyone but the other team he had to adapt. He beat Clemson playing Iowa ball.

Guidry is running a 4-2-5 with LBs not built for scheme. We should be running far more 3-4, he changed it up mid season last year. Get Kiko firing downfield man.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back