LANCE GUIDRY

Advertisement

Hard not to like his positivity and confidence. Really hope he can get it figured out and saves the season.

I just watched the Louisville highlights back - they're actually not that far away from being a good defence. Well good in relation to the O scoring on pretty much every drive.

So many missed tackles with players in position, or dumb flags it's infuriating.

I think this is getting sort of kind of somewhat lost here. There is *something* to work with here, and beyond just the DL too. I feel like a key scheme change and one or two personnel changes and this defense could look totally different. It's not going to be a top 5 or even top 10 defense in the country this year but we probably don't need it to be. Just need it to not totally suck.
Exactly.
Keeping the opp to under 30 ppg isn't a whole helluva lot to ask for.
Thank would rank us 64th in the country vs P4.
We're at 83/33.5 ppg. right now.

Advertisement
Appears we are who we are at this point. Would love to see a magical transformation but it’s not realistic. Maybe we can focus on a bend but don’t break philosophy or taking the ball away but we are going to give up tons of yards, and points.

Appears we are who we are at this point. Would love to see a magical transformation but it’s not realistic. Maybe we can focus on a bend but don’t break philosophy or taking the ball away but we are going to give up tons of yards, and points.

I think a move from this abortion to a top 15 defense like most originally thought was attainable is unrealistic... But maybe like a move out of the cellar of the ACC in scoring points into the middle of the pack? Even that can greatly change the trajectory of the season. Right now we can lose to dozens of teams scoring 30+ points

Advertisement
The sign of a great coach is one that makes the best use of his personnel and has the right players on the field at all times. Just look at our coaching staff and draw your own conclusions. Mario says we play the best players and that's total BS.

We don't need a complete turn around on defense cause our offense is the best in the country right now. We just need to sure up some ****.

14 pts came from the KR and Fletcher fumble on the first play post KR.

We forced these ****heads into a 4th down and they got the fake punt for the 1st.

I think we Zaquan getting more PT and OJ as well, we can see slight improvement. Which is better than nothing and it could also make a difference in the long run

He shot down any of the youngin' DBs getting opportunities (beyond Zayquan). So please no more, "Wen Stafford and Washington?!?" porsts. Pray Zayquan shows out and that we get better play from 2/19/25 till Damari comes back (and pray he's actually good now).

Advertisement
I don’t think it is what Guidry is coaching as much as the players making bad decisions
But if the players keep doing it you have to start looking at the coaches. Our players are playing zone coverage without looking at the QB. We do a lot of head scratching stuff on D. Like lining up no defensive lineman in front of the center and guard, or consistently playing with only one DT when he is not the kind of DT that eats up space.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back