Keepin 'em close (FSU)

Are these people delusional or do they have some valid sources? I hate reading so many **** mixed feelings over a kid that doesn't really say much about his recruitment. I really hope we prove all these Nole fans wrong come February 6th

No idea, but I will add that one of their "insiders" kinda took a shot at Langston the other day and said to take things with a grain of salt going forward because his biggest source of inside information was James Coley.....

Advertisement
i hope i'm wrong, but, i think people need to be prepared for fsu to "get theirs". they always do. i don't think thomas and kirkland, but, i think we are foolish to think they don't get a couple of these kids we are after.

Most years, yes, def agree. But this FSU staff is now a mess and there seems to be real issues there. Combine that with many recruiting championships and not much to show for it. Could happen, yes... but this is looking more like the first year we break that pipeline. Imagine when they can no longer negatively recruit sanctions?!!?!?

this is ALL fishbein's **** from this morning(1/29):

a week ago Thomas was done to FSU...unless something seriously changed...which happened...Coley ended up at Miami....he was a Seminole...Alabama was the only school that had a chance...I was told by someone I trust....they said Fish, he is not going to Miami (Thomas)....Someone who knows the kid very well. Where Shadow gets this idea that Thomas mother wants him at UM....I have no idea....If there was one person who was on FSU side it was his mom....She was the main reason he did not cancel his visit this past weekend....

I know that his visit was very good this past weekend...That being said I am holding off on saying whether or not they can land Thomas...There has just been too much change for me to sit here and say one way or another that these kids are choosing FSU. I do think that Stacy Coley and Keith Bryant will end up at FSU...after that.........ask me in a few days....

bakas is not only wrong on stuff....he has no clue where guys are going....

right now if NSD was today....here is what I have...Coley-FSU, Thomas-FSU, Kirkland-Miami, Grace-Miami, Bostwick-Florida, Collins-Arkansas-after what I heard last night I just don't see this going Miami's way.....

For FSU needs...you rather have Kirkland than Thomas at this point.....Kirkland is a much greater need. Also and some may not like to hear this but FSU and Miami need move out of the ACC.....If you think it does not hurt when it comes to recruiting then keep believing it....NEVER seen it like this....FSU losing an OL which was committed to them for two years to Mississippi who just got on the kid recently....Miami loses a major need at RB to Arkansas.....There are some issues going on....Also with the Bostwick kid...This was a Miami kid for over a year and a half....Now things can change between NSD....Golson could go back to FSU, Thomas goes to Miami along with Bostwick and Collins....

Oh and Eddie Jackson-to Alabama....this kid grew up a huge Nole fan, wanted to go there and bam....they offer and then bama offers and it looks like Bama....Never seen a recruiting season like this..

the problem I had with Bakas is he put % up on kids....The Augustus Edwards kid from New York he put up something like 70% Syracuse, 20 % Miami, 10% FSU.....Come on.....The kid is now choosing between FSU and Miami which is no surprise..

He has Keith Bryant as Miami leading.....where was he coming up with these %....He had FSU as 10% on Matthew Thomas....Hey, I can see where the kid ends up at UM but to say FSU has a 10% chance is just stupid on his part.....The guy is so out of the loop that he is no longer worker for Scout....They let him go. He does work for Grassy but you think your getting good information when he is not even out there anymore. PLEASE.

I know some here may or may not INSIDE THE U....But those guys actually work. Caneinsider....those guys work. Ferman and Bakas....don't.

I know for fact that Bostwick has UF in front....Trust me....Miami is scrambling with this kid. I am not saying they can't pull him but he is heading to UF right now. Maybe if someone on this site had some connections to Miami they would know this.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have a friend on the BOT at FSU ... They were hoping Jimbo would take the Auburn job, not sure if he was offered, but they have about had it with him. They wanted to promote Stoops. He also said Jimbo's wife is worse. Not sure what that means.

this has been mentioned before. She is supposedly real pain to deal with. But who knows?

a week ago Thomas was done to FSU...unless something seriously changed...which happened...Coley ended up at Miami....he was a Seminole...Alabama was the only school that had a chance...I was told by someone I trust....they said Fish, he is not going to Miami (Thomas)....Someone who knows the kid very well. Where Shadow gets this idea that Thomas mother wants him at UM....I have no idea....If there was one person who was on FSU side it was his mom....She was the main reason he did not cancel his visit this past weekend....

I know that his visit was very good this past weekend...That being said I am holding off on saying whether or not they can land Thomas...There has just been too much change for me to sit here and say one way or another that these kids are choosing FSU. I do think that Stacy Coley and Keith Bryant will end up at FSU...after that.........ask me in a few days....

right now if NSD was today....here is what I have...Coley-FSU, Thomas-FSU, Kirkland-Miami, Grace-Miami, Bostwick-Florida, Collins-Arkansas-after what I heard last night I just don't see this going Miami's way.....

For FSU needs...you rather have Kirkland than Thomas at this point.....Kirkland is a much greater need. Also and some may not like to hear this but FSU and Miami need move out of the ACC.....If you think it does not hurt when it comes to recruiting then keep believing it....NEVER seen it like this....FSU losing an OL which was committed to them for two years to Mississippi who just got on the kid recently....Miami loses a major need at RB to Arkansas.....There are some issues going on....Also with the Bostwick kid...This was a Miami kid for over a year and a half....Now things can change between NSD....Golson could go back to FSU, Thomas goes to Miami along with Bostwick and Collins....

Oh and Eddie Jackson-to Alabama....this kid grew up a huge Nole fan, wanted to go there and bam....they offer and then bama offers and it looks like Bama....Never seen a recruiting season like this..

the problem I had with Bakas is he put % up on kids....The Augustus Edwards kid from New York he put up something like 70% Syracuse, 20 % Miami, 10% FSU.....Come on.....The kid is now choosing between FSU and Miami which is no surprise..

He has Keith Bryant as Miami leading.....where was he coming up with these %....He had FSU as 10% on Matthew Thomas....Hey, I can see where the kid ends up at UM but to say FSU has a 10% chance is just stupid on his part.....The guy is so out of the loop that he is no longer worker for Scout....They let him go. He does work for Grassy but you think your getting good information when he is not even out there anymore. PLEASE.

I know some here may or may not INSIDE THE U....But those guys actually work. Caneinsider....those guys work. Ferman and Bakas....don't.

I know for fact that Bostwick has UF in front....Trust me....Miami is scrambling with this kid. I am not saying they can't pull him but he is heading to UF right now. Maybe if someone on this site had some connections to Miami they would know this.

lol at Fish ripping bakas. Didn't they used to be buddies?

I'm sorry but I just dont see how these mofos think they are in such good shape with Thomas. someone is out of their mind...either the FSU folks or us (me)

Anyone know how connected Fish is? Is his information legit or is it as useless as one of the typical FSU homers?

If his prediction is even close to being accurate then Feb 6th is going to be very disappointing. Of course if he's entirely wrong it'll make it that much sweeter as it will set everyone else up for failure.

I feel like alot of these analysts are forgetting ALL of these kids are South Florida kids, that doesn't mean that none of them will leave, but we are at an advantage on everyone of them. It isn't like we are battling FSU/ARK/UF/Bama for random kids around the country... we are battling with them for kids who grew up here in Sth Fla, watching and many cases rooting for Miami, dressing in Orange and Green, with family who likes Miami, with family and friends close by where they could come watch them play in person, etc etc... I just can't believe that Coley, Bryant, Collins, Thomas, Bostwick would ALL leave. Losing 1 or 2 of them, sure, thats a possibility... but every single one of them? Not to mention BOTH DT's when it's our biggest position of need. I don't think so. They must have missed last year with Bush/Howard/Duke/Mccord etc.

On 2nd thought - **** fish... ****** rips Bakas (which I don't give a **** about) but then turns around and does the same stupid **** he criticizes him for in basically calling some of the players locks to certain schools. But of course then gives himself an out by saying something along the lines of "recruiting is fluid, things can change and maybe none of these things turn out as predicted." Worse than weather forecasters.

more from fish:

You guys are right....Collins is going to Miami. I guess the entire conversation I heard last night was just some dream I was having.

Once again where people on this site go to others to get information....Collins mom that everyone thinks is so involved in the recruitment of her son....Well his mom just got back into his life this year after he started getting recruited. His head coach has been taken care of the kid for over two years....And if you think they are not going to impact his decision good luck....Next, the biggest selling point....you guessed if the SEC......Where he is being told by those around him why would you want to play at Miami when you can into the SEC and play real football....I am not going to waste my time.....This is not some rant...This is me basing my opinion on what I heard....Which was not promising to Miami. If he chooses Miami it will be even a bigger recruiting pull then Tracy Howard last year....

Advertisement
more from fish:

You guys are right....Collins is going to Miami. I guess the entire conversation I heard last night was just some dream I was having.

Once again where people on this site go to others to get information....Collins mom that everyone thinks is so involved in the recruitment of her son....Well his mom just got back into his life this year after he started getting recruited. His head coach has been taken care of the kid for over two years....And if you think they are not going to impact his decision good luck....Next, the biggest selling point....you guessed if the SEC......Where he is being told by those around him why would you want to play at Miami when you can into the SEC and play real football....I am not going to waste my time.....This is not some rant...This is me basing my opinion on what I heard....Which was not promising to Miami. If he chooses Miami it will be even a bigger recruiting pull then Tracy Howard last year....

Where is Fish posting this?

One thing about Fish you should never forget, he HATES Miami. I am not being hyperbolic. It's not a "Lemming hates Miami" thing. He really really hates Miami. He rips into Miami constantly on the FSU private boards. In public he is a little more restrained.

He does have some legit connections, but he is always tainted by the FSU goggles.

more from fish:

That's interesting since Tracy Howard DID pick Miami.

Fish is a ***. Was he crying about the ACC holding them back from getting top prospects the last 2 years? Your corch sucks. Everyone realizes it now.

Advertisement

That bolded part is complete bullsh*t, Thomas himself has said in many interviews that he is getting pressure at home to play for Miami

Anyone know how connected Fish is? Is his information legit or is it as useless as one of the typical FSU homers?

Theres no legit information at this stage of recruiting, every "insider" think there team has the lead or there rivals can't land their big target. No matter what is write, we have a pretty good shot at every one of them, period.

Advertisement
Back