Keepin 'em close (FSU)

Advertisement
http://floridastate.247sports.com/Board/36/Trickett-checks-in-on-in-state-OL-16263071/1

About a new 3-star kid they're visiting from Niceville...

tlhwg● wrote:
"I hope we can beat out those non-BCS schools for his services and re-claim the Panhandle!"

LOL these guys are soooo beaten down its hilarious.

Another gem:

fQuote from sufsu said...
"Droogsma was like 6'1 315"

WRobins responds with...
"And? He would probably beat out the next guy on the depth chart who is 0'0 and 0lbs."

Advertisement
Listened a little to Bill King this morning and they had Newberg on from one of the FSU recruiting sites. To paraphrase what Newberg said:
Collins: FSU out, Arkansas & Miami battle. Bill King said he believes it will be Miami.
Thomas: almost 50/50 with Miami but still expects him to sign with FSU.
Kirkland: Believes it is basically done deal to Miami now that Coley left for UM.
Coley: Believes strongly that FSU has him all locked up at this point even with Coley becoming OC at Miami.
Bryant: Not a single mention of him by King or Newberg.
Jackson: Signing with Alabama probably today.

Didnt seem very excited about the way FSU was going to finish and said they are pretty much sitting on the players they would be signing. Said that they are losing Golson to Ole Miss and might replace him with some 3 star project out of Alabama. Not pleased with O-Line recruting.

Listened a little to Bill King this morning and they had Newberg on from one of the FSU recruiting sites. To paraphrase what Newberg said:
Collins: FSU out, Arkansas & Miami battle. Bill King said he believes it will be Miami.
Thomas: almost 50/50 with Miami but still expects him to sign with FSU.
Kirkland: Believes it is basically done deal to Miami now that Coley left for UM.
Coley: Believes strongly that FSU has him all locked up at this point even with Coley becoming OC at Miami.
Bryant: Not a single mention of him by King or Newberg.
Jackson: Signing with Alabama probably today.

Didnt seem very excited about the way FSU was going to finish and said they are pretty much sitting on the players they would be signing. Said that they are losing Golson to Ole Miss and might replace him with some 3 star project out of Alabama. Not pleased with O-Line recruting.

Could you imagine a Miami recruiting expert ever saying some kid from Tally Lincoln was 50/50 between Miami and FSU and expecting him to sign with Miami? Common sense. Even if Thomas did land at FSU. It certainly is the upset. An FSU guy shouldn't be confident about it.

Warchant big board update...paraphrased

Coley:
Had good visit to USF. USF and Miami about even for #2. Noles still lead. Dawsey is key. Coley and his Mom love Dawsey. FSU will be in home this week. Likes Dawsey because he hasn't put pressure to attend FSU. (yeah, makes sense?)
FSU CHANCES: FSU: 40% | Miami: 30% | USF: 30%

Bryant
No change really. High confidence in FSU he will be next big DT. Haggins has sold Bryant on comfort and some nonsense about bragging about it, or something. Higgins and Jimbo in home coming up.
FSU CHANCES: FSU: 60% | Miami: 20% | South Carolina 20%

Edwards:
Between UM and FSU. FSU HEAVY favorite. Had "perfect" visit with FSU. He seems to be much more comfortable with the FSU staff.. Edwards will visit Miami this weekend. Barring a big surprise, FSU on NSD, Jimbo crushed it in home of course.
FSU CHANCES: FSU: 60% | Miami: 30% | Syracuse: 10%

MT6:
Tight battel, most important one for FSU. Home run visit with FSU. Fisher spent a lot of time with Matt's mother. Additionally, having his brother close by (enrolled at TCC) is an added advantage. Mom is very high on Jimbo. FSU feels good, still tight.
FSU CHANCES: FSU: 51% | Miami: 49

Kirkland: They give up...UM

Coley:
Had good visit to USF. USF and Miami about even for #2. Noles still lead. Dawsey is key. Coley and his Mom love Dawsey. FSU will be in home this week. Likes Dawsey because he hasn't put pressure to attend FSU. (yeah, makes sense?)

Bryant
No change really. High confidence in FSU he will be next big DT. Haggins has sold Bryant on comfort and some nonsense about bragging about it, or something. Higgins and Jimbo in home coming up.

Edwards:
Between UM and FSU. FSU HEAVY favorite. Had "perfect" visit with FSU. He seems to be much more comfortable with the FSU staff.. Edwards will visit Miami this weekend. Barring a big surprise, FSU on NSD, Jimbo crushed it in home of course.

MT6:
Tight battel, most important one for FSU. Home run visit with FSU. Fisher spent a lot of time with Matt's mother. Additionally, having his brother close by (enrolled at TCC) is an added advantage. Mom is very high on Jimbo. FSU feels good, still tight.

I read that this morning & couldn't stop laughing. I think thy get their info from a Magic 8 Ball

Advertisement

Coley:

Bryant

Edwards:

MT6:

Hilarious

Coley:

Bryant

Edwards:

MT6:

I read that this morning & couldn't stop laughing. I think thy get their info from a Magic 8 Ball

What amazes me is how they discount any activity by other teams or coaches for the most part. Like the whole Edwards thing....Jimbo great in-home, ok. But UM was in right after. I am sure there contacts hears from Jimbo how he crushed it, and Langston runs over to Warchant to talk about it....but, what happened with UM? Do you really think Golden went in and took a **** on the carpet? Also, his public comments haven't nearly been as strong as anything they are saying. I hope we don't fall into the same trap, but I really think these guys report with garnet glasses firmly in place.

Btw, I yet to read about a recruit NOT absolutely loving a coach...including Golson and other guys that have decommitted lol.

Edit: Oh, they don't like Coley now...he didn't really matter. Seriously, he didn't. (I mean now of course, they said they loved him before)

Coley:

Bryant

Edwards:

MT6:

They will probably change this 9 times before NSD. They will go 0 for 4.

Advertisement
My favorite is that kids are very comfortable with there staff....of 6 new coaches and 1 still not hired.

I have to add something.....I didn't notice when I first read it, because I just skipped over the %....It should really tell you all you need to know about Warchant.

But here is the actual post regarding Kirkland:

What a difference a few weeks makes in the recruiting world. FSU was sitting in a good position when James Coley was at Florida State and now the trend has started to head down since Coley left. Despite his relationship with Ira Denson and FSU offensive line coach Rick Trickett, FSU has almost no chance to land him.
FSU CHANCES: Miami: 55% | FSU 45%

They just updated it to Miami 65% FSU 35%.

Advertisement
A Staten Island kid is going to be more comfortable with Jimbo and his southern drawl or a Jersey guy with the same accent as himself?

My favorite is that kids are very comfortable with there staff....of 6 new coaches and 1 still not hired.

Warchant.com ‏@Warchant
Via Facebook: #FSU DT Justin Shanks dropped his body fat from 35% to 23%. Hopes to get to 18%. HE also gained 16 pounds of muscle.

Advertisement
Back