John Ruiz on Paul Finebaum show today

You have politely called me out of date fossil enough lol.

Break it down into idiot terms why my worries are misplaced.

All jokes aside I appreciate the engagement.

My main take aways are.

1. Boosters ( people who financially support a university ) cannot be involved in NIL

2. The original vision for NIL was for private businesses you enter into financial agreements with student athletes for sponsorship.

Ruiz is trying to have his cake and eat it too. Athletes signing with life wallet but Ruiz the booster brokering the deals and announcing the deals. Instead of a Lifewallet twitter account or a life wallet official press release or a the spokes person for life wallet announcing the deals. In a way brilliant because life wallet gets the press but also him personally.

Can you specifically speak to what part I don't understand or am getting wrong.

Also please not I'm not invested in being right. Open to being wrong. This isn't a debate. I am trying to learn this stuff. Don't tell me I'm stuck in the past and don't get it. Educate me. Genuinely trying to get this find in very interesting. Anyone chime in and break it down.

It certainly was NOT my intent to call you an old fossil. lol.

To the topic, again what are we going to call a booster? What are we going to allow to engage in NIL? The NCAA might want them to be a separate pool of entities but I don't see how that's possible.

John Ruiz is an individual. He donates money to UM, hence he's a booster. Life Wallet is a corporation (which is legally "a person"). If Life Wallet chooses to donate to UM can they still sign NIL deals. But Ruiz owns Life Wallet. How can one differentiate these entities? If Life Wallet chooses to donate to UM are they then disallowed from doing NIL deals? Is so, Ruiz can create a corporate entity just to do NIL deals and fund it with "management fees" from Life Wallet profits. Are you seeing how difficult it is to differentiate between a booster (by any logical definition) and an entity that can be allowed to do an NIL deal?

And if you weren't old enough to get the John Lennon reference, then you certainly do NOT qualify as an old fossil. :congratulatory:

Advertisement
It certainly was NOT my intent to call you an old fossil. lol.

To the topic, again what are we going to call a booster? What are we going to allow to engage in NIL? The NCAA might want them to be a separate pool of entities but I don't see how that's possible.

John Ruiz is an individual. He donates money to UM, hence he's a booster. Life Wallet is a corporation (which is legally "a person"). If Life Wallet chooses to donate to UM can they still sign NIL deals. But Ruiz owns Life Wallet. How can one differentiate these entities? If Life Wallet chooses to donate to UM are they then disallowed from doing NIL deals? Is so, Ruiz can create a corporate entity just to do NIL deals and fund it with "management fees" from Life Wallet profits. Are you seeing how difficult it is to differentiate between a booster (by any logical definition) and an entity that can be allowed to do an NIL deal?

And if you weren't old enough to get the John Lennon reference, then you certainly do NOT qualify as an old fossil. :congratulatory:

Man Lennon was great but I am firmly in the camp that Yoko Ono was a negative influence on his music. Maybe she made him a better person, I don’t know of course. watch that video and she is all over it though she isn’t part of the music. And her own music was got garbage.

Man Lennon was great but I am firmly in the camp that Yoko Ono was a negative influence on his music. Maybe she made him a better person, I don’t know of course. watch that video and she is all over it though she isn’t part of the music. And her own music was got garbage.
The stuff he did with the Beatles, imo, was his best work. IMO it was probably a combo of Yoko ruining his music and also him not having the other members to constantly bounce ideas off of that damaged his music.

The stuff he did with the Beatles, imo, was his best work. IMO it was probably a combo of Yoko ruining his music and also him not having the other members to constantly bounce ideas off of that damaged his music.
I think that is so accurate. Chuck D once said that a solo artist can never be better than a group because it is the difference between one artistic mind vs many artistic minds.

One of the interesting takeaways from the Peter Jackson lost footage doc was how Yoko was NOT disruptive, how the band was NOT bothered by her presence, and how she was even inspirational and helpful. It kind of flipped a lot of unproven cannon on its head. Also the belief that the band was always fighting in those years, disproved.

The world owes Yoko Ono an apology​

Yoko didn’t break up the Beatles. Blaming it on her constant presence was always an absurd, lazy accusation grounded in misogyny and racism (seeing Paul, Ringo and George’s partners and various guests wander in and out of the studio really hammers home those double standards), but hopefully we can once and for all put to bed any nonsense about how she brought about the band’s decline. Yes, there were tensions – complicated, deep-seated and long-running – but, as McCartney says in part two, Yoko’s presence was only an obstacle if the rest of the band allowed it to be. “It really isn’t that bad. They just want to stay together,” he says of her and Lennon. “She’s great, she really is all right.”

Advertisement
I think that is so accurate. Chuck D once said that a solo artist can never be better than a group because it is the difference between one artistic mind vs many artistic minds.
Couldn't agree more and I am not surprised one of the greats, chuck D, was the one that said it.

One of the interesting takeaways from the Peter Jackson lost footage doc was how Yoko was NOT disruptive, how the band was NOT bothered by her presence, and how she was even inspirational and helpful. It kind of flipped a lot of unproven cannon on its head. Also the belief that the band was always fighting in those years, disproved.

Yoko didn’t break up the Beatles. Blaming it on her constant presence was always an absurd, lazy accusation grounded in misogyny and racism (seeing Paul, Ringo and George’s partners and various guests wander in and out of the studio really hammers home those double standards), but hopefully we can once and for all put to bed any nonsense about how she brought about the band’s decline. Yes, there were tensions – complicated, deep-seated and long-running – but, as McCartney says in part two, Yoko’s presence was only an obstacle if the rest of the band allowed it to be. “It really isn’t that bad. They just want to stay together,” he says of her and Lennon. “She’s great, she really is all right.”
Wow. Thank you for providing this. I think then that @OriginalGatorHater is probably correct that Lennon was great, but never as great once he was apart from the other 3 great musicians in the Beatles.

I really didn’t know that much about it honestly, but then I watched some of this documentary on the Beatles (Get Back), where they were preparing for a concert, writing songs and figuring out what they were going to play, that kind of stuff.

She was really the only one that was there the whole time while they were working, stuck to his hip, it was weird. she added nothing contributed nothing, but seem to be like whispering in his ear from time to time, like she had anything real or valuable to provide. Personally I would’ve been annoyed and told her to get the fūck out of there if she was my wife or gf. Work is work, got to get shlt done you can’t be distracted

Advertisement

Let Bill Burr explain it.

Lies and blasphemy.

Advertisement
So what is gonna be the result? Seems like
This is legit and Miami hasent broken rules? So what’s the point here?

Advertisement
Curious if it’s ratings regarding their marketability or if it’s ratings related to their athletic ability/health
I'd say its the first if he wants to create a platform where businesses can interact with players.

It makes a lot of sense, obviously. Creating something like Linkedin for NIL makes it easier for companies, especially smaller ones, to connect with potential players, while unknown players have the opportunity to present themselves on a platform.

I'd say its the first if he wants to create a platform where businesses can interact with players.

It makes a lot of sense, obviously. Creating something like Linkedin for NIL makes it easier for companies, especially smaller ones, to connect with potential players, while unknown players have the opportunity to present themselves on a platform.
Yea that makes a lot of sense . I was only wondering about the medical aspect because of what LifeWallet is itself

I feel like the only people Ruiz convinced in this interview were Canes fans. Everyone still views him and LifeWallet as Pay For Play. They (including Finebaum) will still favor collectives because they think it’s a bunch of church grandmas with jars of coins.
How anyone with even a modicum of intelligence could watch that interview and come to the conclusion that Ruiz and LifeWallet are pay for play makes absolutely zero sense to me. Ruiz nailed that interview. He was calm, collected and completely in control. He was very informative and was able to clearly articulate why LifeWallet is not pay for play. In addition, Ruiz articulated the issue in a manner that was very layman friendly and easy to follow and understand.

What Finebaum still favors or not is completely irrelevant here. The fact that Finebaum is an apologist/shill/tool for the inherently corrupt SEC machine is well established therefore his "opinion" has no merit/place in an objective debate/discussion. In this forum, Ruiz had the golden opportunity to educate the viewer which he managed to do in convincing fashion.

Advertisement
Back