John Ruiz on Paul Finebaum show today

That’s a great hypothetical, actually. However that, I believe, is an easy to remedy by just availability, marketing events, criteria for his company which could jeopardize said student’s academic requirements due to travel/availability.
See Above

Advertisement
But what if he pulls a Travis Hunter and goes to FAU?

Well, per him, he’s already have NIL deals in place w/ guys at local Universities outside of Miami, so I’m going to assume that wouldn’t be a problem. However, if Ruiz says no in this instance, it may cause an issue. I’m sure there’s so legal loop hole that can be exploited, but it would cause some eyes to be upon us, imo.

Hypothetical:
#1 recruit in the nation is a local kid.
Logically, Ruiz ranking system gives him the highest possible marketing score.
He makes it publicly known that he’s interested in working for Life Wallet.
He’s committed to the gator.
Ruiz says no.

Problem?
He doesn't have to hire everybody that wants to work for LifeWallet.

He can say the distance from Miami will affect his ability to properly fulfill his obligations

#TrumpyCaneThoughts
If Ruiz is considered a “ booster “ and “ prohibited “ to recruit kids to Miami would coaches be allowed to show a contract on visits to the family and once signed THEN can the player work for Ruiz if this BS ncaa crap occurs with the NIL?

Advertisement
If Ruiz is considered a “ booster “ and “ prohibited “ to recruit kids to Miami would coaches be allowed to show a contract on visits to the family and once signed THEN can the player work for Ruiz if this BS ncaa crap occurs with the NIL?

The NCAA booster language may turn out to be as toothless as the rest of it. Excluding a class of people from employing or being able to seek employment seems to spit in the face of the SCOTUS ruling.

Advertisement
Back