January 13-15 expected visitors

Forget about Harley.

Grab Pouncey.

Go hard after Jeff Thomas and Devonta Smith.
they are hard on Devonta smith. everyone says have no shot. smith says are in it legitimately and he is torn between bama and Miami along with lsu. so depends if u want to believe the kid or sources. the coaches seem to think have a legit shot with him. if get him would be huge get.

If I'm not mistaken, Tweed said he ain't coming.

He said he was a silent to the school but we all know how thats like

Which isn't Miami. Probably Bama.
He first said he's not coming then said he's already a silent to the school he's going to. So he's not coming to Miami according to what Tweed said. My guess, LSU. LOL if he goes to Bama

Advertisement
they are hard on Devonta smith. everyone says have no shot. smith says are in it legitimately and he is torn between bama and Miami along with lsu. so depends if u want to believe the kid or sources. the coaches seem to think have a legit shot with him. if get him would be huge get.

He first said he's not coming then said he's already a silent to the school he's going to. So he's not coming to Miami according to what Tweed said. My guess, LSU. LOL if he goes to Bama

That dude would be dumber than rocks to go to Bama. First off, they are loaded at WR - he would probably ride the bench for a year or two. Second, who the **** would want to play for that abortion of a qb and drunk offensive coordinator? I'll pass.

That dude would be dumber than rocks to go to Bama. First off, they are loaded at WR - he would probably ride the bench for a year or two. Second, who the **** would want to play for that abortion of a qb and drunk offensive coordinator? I'll pass.

i never understood the hype on this kid ......hope im right. after watching the AA game im confident hes over hyped

Advertisement
Bama is only going to take one more WR, and believe it will be Ruggs or Collins. Smith will not have a place there, so Canes chances with him or about 50-50 , beginning to think Richt might pull this one.

Bama is only going to take one more WR, and believe it will be Ruggs or Collins. Smith will not have a place there, so Canes chances with him or about 50-50 , beginning to think Richt might pull this one.

Ruggs will choose Bama
Collins Michigan

I think LSU will end up being the choice for Smith unfortunately
All 3 will visit Bama the same weekend

Hope we could lock him up on the OV Jan 27th

Last edited:

My real worry is LSU with Smith. If it truly is us and Bama, the way Bama doesn't get the ball to the WRs right now, has to nudge this kid in our direction.

Advertisement

Smith is all ready commited to bama.

My real worry is LSU with Smith. If it truly is us and Bama, the way Bama doesn't get the ball to the WRs right now, has to nudge this kid in our direction.

Now, you're thinking like an intelligent person and not a 17-18 year old kid lol. Logic gets thrown out the window in recruiting

Smith is all ready commited to bama.

What's the rationale for not making it public? Why would he want to hide a commitment to the 2nd best team in the country?

Advertisement

LSU and Bama.... 2 schools who love to run the ball and feature their RBs.... couldn't throw the ball if their life depended on it.

Yeah, Smith didn't put up with any of these recruiting games guys want to play nowadays. When an Aquinas guy committed to you, you knew it was a solid commitment that you didn't need to worry about. He also didn't let his players take official visits as "free trips"...they visited only if they were seriously considering the school. Those things are just showing proper respect to the coaches and schools that spend lots of time and money recruiting a player.

I wish more high school coaches put as much effort into instilling good values in their players as they do trying to teach the game (not saying some aren't still doing that, but it seems rare now).

Now, you're thinking like an intelligent person and not a 17-18 year old kid lol. Logic gets thrown out the window in recruiting

I agree, and that's why I used the word nudge. Any sensible WR prospect would be more concerned than that by the situation a Bama right now. The QB is a good football player, but clearly not an NFL prospect as a signal caller, and so unlike an elite QB like Watson who goes pro after his Junior year, most likely the Bama QB will stick around all four years. So it's not like any kid that goes there is looking at a new and probably better passing QB in just two years. But, yeah, a lot of these kids aren't tuning into the right things when they make their decisions.

Advertisement
The following prospects have confirmed that they are visiting Miami this weekend. If any names are added or other changes occur, I will post an update.

CB Trajan Bandy
CB Jhavonte Dean
WR Jordan Pouncey
DL D.J. Johnson
WR Evidence Njoku

WR Mike Harley's visit status is still up in the air.

Orientation for early enrollees such as Deejay Dallas, Navaughn Donaldson, Waynmon Steed, and more is on Thursday and classes begin on Tuesday. Dallas told CanesInSight that he arrives in Miami tomorrow and is excited to be able to help recruit over the next three weeks leading up to signing day.

I miss George Smith. He would never allow all the bull****, which looks bad not only for the kid, but the program as well.

Yeah, Smith didn't put up with any of these recruiting games guys want to play nowadays. When an Aquinas guy committed to you, you knew it was a solid commitment that you didn't need to worry about. He also didn't let his players take official visits as "free trips"...they visited only if they were seriously considering the school. Those things are just showing proper respect to the coaches and schools that spend lots of time and money recruiting a player.

I wish more high school coaches put as much effort into instilling good values in their players as they do trying to teach the game (not saying some aren't still doing that, but it seems rare now).

Some odd reason, he might pick us because of the other talented rosters he's looking at. Like Ohio said 17 yr old with logic.... you know what's the best choice young one

That only seems to be the case when kids are talking about Miami. I feel like we have this conversation every year about a TE or 2 considering FSU, et al.

Advertisement
Back