Florida Gulf Coast at Miami at Noon on Fox Sports South.

That was ugly but miami was down Lykes Mcgusty Timberlake...playing with 6 guys...lykes seems to change the whole tempo of the game. I think they will still be decent this year if they can get healthy.

Advertisement
Anybody want to argue that this isn't a poorly coached basketball team? We just lost to a team that was embarassed by USF. Larranaga is way passed long in the tooth and this team has been lacking since Konkol and Huger departed. Jim needs to be asked to resign.

Last edited:
Did you not see how many open shots Miami missed? Don’t particularly think the opponent mattered on half of those threes.
Unfortunately the RPI and all those other metrics won't care that we shot 1-17 so your point is irrelevant. The metrics will care if FGCU can win their conference though

Terrible loss regardless of the injuries

Bottom line is that this team is not even NIT worthy without Lykes and Kam

All the people questioning how important Lykes is to this team just got your answers

Advertisement
Other than their crazy 3-makings, the defense wasn't awful. I see the offensive fouls on guys who can't drive to the basket like Lykes; and several missing the side of a barn over and over. Is it really Coach L's coaching fault? Maybe recruiting, but the lack of execution of dubious-talent is somewhat too obvious.

Advertisement
As long as FGCU wins the ASUN and goes to the NCAA tournament, this loss will not look bad in March.
Plus, Miami played the entire game with 6 players.

Advertisement
So I'm assuming we now have to win an extra ACC game to make the tourney now right..
Our teams have not gotten better over the course of the year under L since the year we played a great match up zone with Lecomte and them.

I highly doubt we see all that much improvement from this squad. It's L's system and we run it to death even when it doesn't put us in best position to win games....i don't think we make the tournament. And when we don't Larranaga should be shown his papers that day

It’s not even that we can’t shoot from 3, no one can shoot mid-range either. It would open up significantly if Wong, Beverly and Cross could knock those down.
That's why everyone is getting on Coach L. Inexcusable to field a team that can't shoot.

Advertisement
And sadly, that seems to be true most years even when we are at full strength, though I forget what that’s like. Like having 85 scholarship players in football.
And that is not coaching? Of course our roster management has been an abortion for 5 years so how do you hold kids accountable with 10 or 11 tops scholarship athletes of which 1 is not eligible and 2 are typically injuried?

Advertisement
Back