Florida Gulf Coast at Miami at Noon on Fox Sports South.

Anybody want to argue that this isn't a poorly coached basketball team? We just lost to a team that was embarassed by USF. Larranaga is way passed long in the tooth and this team has been lacking since Konkol and Huger departed. Jim needs to be asked to resign.
Our 2 best (and maybe 3 best) players are out.. when that is 60% of who would be on the floor most of the time, yeah you're not gonna be as good. Maybe you should resign from posting

Advertisement
Serious question: Does this loss really bump us out of the tourney already or is that just a massive overreaction? I'm hoping Purdue has a very good season so that non conference win will help counteract this non conference loss

Honestly, the squad had only 6 players available in the 2nd half and only two guards for virtually the entire game.

Let's not get crazy about losing to even an ASun team under these circumstances.

This will be a very, very good team in a month.

Advertisement
Honestly, the squad had only 6 players available in the 2nd half and only two guards for virtually the entire game.

Let's not get crazy about losing to even an ASun team under these circumstances.

The infusion of talent will make this team slightly better. It's the system. The system is awful. The preparedness is awful. The infusion of talent will only mask those slightly. The system has massive limitations

Advertisement
It would be helpful to the team if they recruited some dudes that can shoot the rock.

Our Canes are now 2 for 34 from 3 point range in the last 2 games.

This may be a good team in a month but roster management has been awful. It also assumes we aren't in a deep hole by then. Pitt is a must win because we go at VPI, CU, UNC. at NCSU.
Warren did not play for them. They are preseason 3rd in the ASun. We have been looking for an identity for 4 years and that goes back to the 2 one and done's in NCAA tournament. You carry 10 scholarship players with the 11th being the Stony Brook kid and this is what you get. Looks like we get a break with his eligibility.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Its not smart to overreact to a loss when the squad has only 6 healthy players and their all ACC guard is one of them.

And Im generally very pessimistic
Yes you are Dave and I am the opposite. But I've seen enough to know I've seen enough. 3 years in a row where we are rolling into conference play with 6 scholar athletes available. Offense and defense identity issues since we last made the Sweet 16.

Its not smart to overreact to a loss when the squad has only 6 healthy players and their all ACC guard is one of them.

And Im generally very pessimistic
You keep saying this. There are NO EXCUSES when it comes to beating a mediocre ASUN squad at home. Would you make excuses for the canes losing to FIU again in football with X numbers of players out. I sure as **** wouldn't. It's embarassing no matter how you slice it.

And that is not coaching? Of course our roster management has been an abortion for 5 years so how do you hold kids accountable with 10 or 11 tops scholarship athletes of which 1 is not eligible and 2 are typically injuried?
When did I say that wasn’t coaching? Roster and scholly management sure as **** don’t fall on the players.

You keep saying this. There are NO EXCUSES when it comes to beating a mediocre ASUN squad at home. Would you make excuses for the canes losing to FIU again in football with X numbers of players out. I sure as **** wouldn't. It's embarassing no matter how you slice it.

You must have hated the 2012-13 season.
Home means nothing this year.

Advertisement
Back