Florida Gulf Coast at Miami at Noon on Fox Sports South.

Advertisement
I’ve been *****ing in this thread for years about crunch time basketball/ situation basketball. I hope it improves in the next 3 minutes but this, under L is where we have STRUGGLED MIGHTILY.

Advertisement
Miami is not as good as their 3-0 record might lead some to believe and they're not as bad as they're currently playing vs FGCU. Injuries have hurt the team. Hopefully Lykes and Timberlake get back on the court sooner rather than later. Waardenburg injury also doesn't help matters.

Matt Cross needs to be on the outside. I saw him a few times on the aau circuit and always came away impressed. He can shoot and is an above average defender and has some toughness to go along with it. Miami is misusing him by sticking him in the paint. Kid is not a 4. He needs to be out on the perimeter, especially with how poorly we're shooting the ball.

If this game stays close, Miami wins. Coach L's recruiting needs some work but he is a great closer. He'll find a way to get the W if it's still close at the end.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know he hasn't played well today, but taking your lone shooter in Cross off the floor when the defense is packing the paint is downright stupid

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back