FLETCHER IS A FULL GO!! (updated, apologies)

Herald reported yesterday Martinez will get bulk of carries, that AJ is also eady to go and Fletcher is “trending toward returning”. :hair-fire:

This season can’t start soon enough.

Advertisement
His actual quote however is much stronger than the tweet. Said Fletcher is running on land (I guess as opposed to water?) and "he is going to be good to go for practice one and game one" and concluded with "we might have a return to play process for him that goes with all that but he is going to be cleared to play and more importantly ready to play"

"good to go" for game 1 sounds like a ringing endorsement but I think this is Mario making UF prep extra. I do doubt we see him game 1.
I believe Mario said the same about Zion in addition to Citizen as far as them being so close to coming back.

Advertisement
Quote: "No one has worked harder during rehab, we hope to see him soon"
Translation: "What a shame. He was a legit pro prospect until the medieval barbers at
UDeath worked on his extremities".

Hope this helps.
listening nod GIF by HUANG'S WORLD

Advertisement
Let’s see if he plays. I hope he does. I guess u missed all the comments regarding his injury and the recovery time *******

Ohhhh we about to get TuFF n fyZiCaL !!
This is one of the more bizarre Mario narratives to me that is spread incessantly. He's got his knocks and things to hate on, but trying to make the team tough and physical? Yea, a little better than having a team huddled around the heaters with sleeves on anytime the temp drops below 50 degrees.

Advertisement
I believe Mario said the same about Zion in addition to Citizen as far as them being so close to coming back.
Very true but I do think each situation is different. For example with Zion I do believe he was medically cleared, D$ posted the same, there was nothing else medically to do for Zion, it was pain management.

Citizen, we all wanted to see him. Once he was "cleared" we 1. didnt have any blow outs to get him some burn and 2. the bowl game was a wash out and prob not worth the risk of injury which is all overshadowed by #3, people claiming he lost a step and simply was not as explosive which is also likely why he went from a top 100 recruit, tearing it up in Spring for us, to McNeese State.

Mario did give himself an out talking about getting him back up to speed and that could be the caveat, i.e. he is medically good to go, but its like recovering from tommy john surgery where you are clear but you need a good amount of time to be back to game speed.

respectfully ... citizen and zion had catastrophic injuries ... fletcher's injuries do not compare ...
That's a fair point but you never know when complications can occur.

I understand that both Zion and Citizen had complications/setbacks that affected their ability to return which is not uncommon. Let's hope that isn't the case with Fletcher.

Very true but I do think each situation is different. For example with Zion I do believe he was medically cleared, D$ posted the same, there was nothing else medically to do for Zion, it was pain management.

Citizen, we all wanted to see him. Once he was "cleared" we 1. didnt have any blow outs to get him some burn and 2. the bowl game was a wash out and prob not worth the risk of injury which is all overshadowed by #3, people claiming he lost a step and simply was not as explosive which is also likely why he went from a top 100 recruit, tearing it up in Spring for us, to McNeese State.

Mario did give himself an out talking about getting him back up to speed and that could be the caveat, i.e. he is medically good to go, but its like recovering from tommy john surgery where you are clear but you need a good amount of time to be back to game speed.
All true which is why the expectations need to be kept in check. I'm optimistic in this case but still cautiously so.

Advertisement
Let’s see if he plays. I hope he does. I guess u missed all the comments regarding his injury and the recovery time *******

I'm with you but let's see how fall practice unfolds. If Fletch is playing with the 2s and even alternating with the 1s through fall camp, he's playing UF game. However, if he has that red jersey thing for the entire fall camp, I can see the coaches holding off playing him until game 3-4. JMO.

All true which is why the expectations need to be kept in check. I'm optimistic in this case but still cautiously so.
Yeah I doubt we see him vs the gator. Especially with Ball State and FAMU after that. If he does not get burn against Ball State or FAMU barring some type of hurricane then I think we are likely looking towards the end of the season as people speculated

Advertisement
Back