FAU. That's cute.

Lol that's like saying Larry Coker's a great coach even though he won with Butch's players....but please continue pump up a coach who hasn't touched the CWS since '06. He hasn't even gotten past his regional in years and you're over here all goo goo eyes about him. It even took him seven years after '94 to even win another regional and get back to the CWS.

Please post the number of regionals that Jim Morris won at Georgia Tech while talking about how long it took Danny Hall to win another one.

Advertisement
In present day college baseball, I am more than happy to continue watching U*** and F$U whiff on CWS opportunities.

I'm glad you have something to cheer about, but they both have a better baseball program than Miami.

By the way, time to start your FAMU thread which is appropriate, unlike the FAU one game loss to a 17-18th ranked squad.

UM

Actually, they have an RPI of [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=36]#36 [/URL] after losing the series to FIU and then losing midweek to UCF. But really, that's a phenomenal loss. Something to be truly proud of. They look like a real CWS contender this year.

Just debating 101 for you also, if somebody argues a RANKING...you only dispute said ranking by providing poll information to the contrary. You do not bring up another statistical measure to try and refute the actual ranking.

So, just to walk you through this, if I argue that player A is simply not a productive hitter with a batting average of .134....and you predictably respond with.............. "but he has a great personality"...it just doesn't really fit. Does that make sense?

UM

God you people are so bad at this.

You: "They are ranked #17 ".
Me: "Who gives a ****? The real ranking has them at #36 ".

The ranking you cited is stupid and irrelevant.

Yet it is the one I cited, and since you couldn't argue it, you went another direction.

Yet it is the one I cited, and since you couldn't argue it, you went another direction.

The argument is that you used a stupid and irrelevant poll. Why would I argue their ranking in a stupid and irrelevant poll instead of pointing you to a meaningful and relevant poll?

Oh, nice work on the scheduling thing. You really did well in that one. LMAO.

Nolan Ryan is the all time strikeout leader NOW.

That's how stupid your statement is.

Nolan Ryan hasn't thrown a baseball in 23 years.

Jim Morris went to Omaha last year and is going to be a national seed this year.

That's how stupid your analogy just was.

Jim Morris is winning now but somehow you keep calling him a loser.

Yes it did make up for it. Now for a quick fast forward into the future.........

Then why are you using regional losses at Georgia Tech to prove that he's a postseason failure?

It's not only bizarre but patently absurd.

But we're the ones living in the past?

I'm living right now.

We're winning.

Advertisement
Nolan Ryan is the all time strikeout leader NOW.

That's how stupid your statement is.

Nolan Ryan hasn't thrown a baseball in 23 years.

Jim Morris went to Omaha last year and is going to be a national seed this year.

That's how stupid your analogy just was.

Jim Morris is winning now but somehow you keep calling him a loser.

Jim Morris isn't doing anything. We have seen what Jim Morris does when he doesn't have an assistant running the program for him.

Yes it did make up for it. Now for a quick fast forward into the future.........

Then why are you using regional losses at Georgia Tech to prove that he's a postseason failure?

It's not only bizarre but patently absurd.

But we're the ones living in the past?

I'm living right now.

We're winning.

We're winning in the regular season. You still don't see the pattern? Georgia Tech, #1 in the country, 2-2 and out. Miami, no threat on the national stage in 15 years.

But.....

Tuition
Random events
Texas Tech

From Ron Dedeaux, the former king of College Baseball with 11 titles (whose team played 0.500 ball the last 8-years of his tenure):

“As he has previously, Dedeaux pointed to the 1975 reduction in scholarships as a major reason the school's baseball program has struggled for the last eight years.
When the NCAA limited the number of scholarships from 19 to 13 a year, private schools were hurt proportionally worse than public universities, Dedeaux said.

Generally, this is because tuition is much higher at private schools--and especially at USC, where costs are estimated at $15,800 a year--and therefore partial scholarships are not nearly as helpful.

"There are some horrible four-letter words, and you'd be surprised, but UCLA is not one of them," he said. "NCAA is." ‘

In 2015, scholarships are now down to 11.7 and tuition at Miami is ~$45,000 and ~$65,000 at USC…. It is a testament to Morris, management and UM that the Hurricanes are even relevant.

Imagine Miami with 19 scholarships….. We would literally field 9 Major leaguers some years…..

Also, imagine if Morris played 0.500 ball the last 8-years…..

Advertisement
Completely agree with you, Morris' greatness is indisputable.

Especially when one considers that Vandy can place 2-4 more players on academic scholarship than Miami can. Stanford, Rice and Vandy are all able to offer 2-4 additional academic scholarships than Miami because of their obscene endowment.

Evidence is overwhelming. Miami greatly outperforms vis-a-vis its challenges. Hopefully, they can continue to do so.

Jim Morris isn't doing anything. We have seen what Jim Morris does when he doesn't have an assistant running the program for him.

Now having good assistants and managing a staff (which is basically the primary task of a head coach) is used to diminish his accomplishments.

But this is progress of a kind too since you didn't even acknowledge in the past that assistant coaches mattered.

You still don't see the pattern? Georgia Tech, #1 in the country, 2-2 and out. Miami, no threat on the national stage in 15 years.

I see one of the winningest postseason coaches in the history of the sport.

Somehow you see a postseason loser.

Your outlook is bizarre to say the least.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You still don't see the pattern? Georgia Tech, [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] in the country, 2-2 and out. Miami, no threat on the national stage in 15 years.

I see one of the winningest postseason coaches in the history of the sport.

Somehow you see a postseason loser.

Jim Morris is 0-9 against #1 seeds in the past seven years. At the University of Miami. Let that sink in. We don't have a win against a #1 seed, either in a regional, Super Regional, or the CWS for seven straight years.

No, not a post-season loser at all. He is the goods.

Advertisement
That's my new demand. Forget championships. Forget making it to Omaha. Let's just take the next step by beating a #1 seed. Just once.

By way of comparison, Virginia had four wins against #1 seeds in a ten day span last year. And we haven't beaten one since 2008.

Postseason guru, that Jim Morris.

TCU compared to Texas
USC compared to Utah
Stony Brook compared to NYU

Yeah, it's one outlier.

And Miami is a better program than Florida.

Nobody has ever claimed that it can't be done. The claim is that it's harder to do at a private school.

A statement that you have not even attempted to refute. Instead you've listed a couple of instances where the private school is better than the public school.

Advertisement
Back