FAU. That's cute.

Advertisement
Over the last seven years, the "winningest postseason coach" is 17-16. Tim Corbin is 39-17. Yeah Miami!! We have Jim Morris!!

Tim Corbin has done a great job at Vanderbilt. It says nothing about Jim Morris' career.

Corbin lost a Regional as the # 1 national seed in 2007 and he did it to a team that got swept in the Super Regional. He also had a 5 year stretch where he didn't win a Regional (2005-09). Those were years 3 through 7 of his tenure at Vanderbilt.

Every coach that you slurp has epic failures on their resume.

They mean nothing to you.

But Jim Morris has less struggles than they did and you kill him.

You have nothing to go on in the last decade, so you have to lean on the great run we had in his first ten years.

Your entire argument is based on one bad stretch we had from 2009-13. Otherwise the issues have been rectified as any rational person can see.

Yet you claim that I'm living in the past.

Good one.

We have had one great team since 2001. Yet I'm obsessing over a five year stretch. Good spin.

It is nonsensical to argue. It is like playing checkers with a chimp. Instead of crowning you, he eats your checker.

Vanderbilt is the ONLY private school comparable to UM that has performed at UM's level during the past 7-years. The only one. Rice and Stanford have both performed worse than Miami in regard to tournament appearances; super regional appearances; and CWS appearances - over the past seven years. Moreover, these three schools have endowments that are 2x-6x Miami's which allows them to fund additional scholarships that Miami cannot.

Last year was a resounding success. Period. This year is proving to be successful as well. Even if you consider our worst stretch during Morris, which was 2009-2014, it was decent. [Perez threw two Regionals away against the Gator during that time, which I still fume about.]

No private program has maintained such a high level of success than Miami baseball in light of ruinous scholarship reductions from 19 to 11.

One can attribute the recent resurgence to DiMare's return, but I attribute it to Morris recognizing a problem and fixing it.

Advertisement
Over the last seven years, the "winningest postseason coach" is 17-16. Tim Corbin is 39-17. Yeah Miami!! We have Jim Morris!!

Tim Corbin has done a great job at Vanderbilt. It says nothing about Jim Morris' career.

Corbin lost a Regional as the # 1 national seed in 2007 and he did it to a team that got swept in the Super Regional. He also had a 5 year stretch where he didn't win a Regional (2005-09). Those were years 3 through 7 of his tenure at Vanderbilt.

Every coach that you slurp has epic failures on their resume.

They mean nothing to you.

But Jim Morris has less struggles than they did and you kill him.

When Tim Corbin wasn't winning a regional in 2005, Vanderbilt was three years removed from five straight years of finishing in 11th or 12th place in the SEC. He took an afterthought and built a perennial contender. Jim Morris took a national championship program in 2001 and has turned it into Georgia. Just happy to get into the post-season and occasionally win a game or two.

The biggest one: The total cost of tuition, room and board has risen at UM –- Morris said it is now $62,000 a year, including $42,000 tuition -- and the NCAA allows teams to split only 11.7 scholarships among 27 players. Morris said in the past few years he has lost out on a lot of good players whose families cannot afford to pay the difference.
“Most of the kids grew up in this park, watched the University of Miami play here and would like to play here and their family would like them to play,” Morris said Tuesday, standing above Mark Light Field. “But [they say] do I pay all this money and take loans or do I got to Florida State or Florida and it not cost me anything? It’s a tough thing.”
“The problem we have is do you stay here, which means [if the player has half a scholarship, as most do], do you pay $30,000 and get $30,000 or do you sign? Let’s say a [MLB team] gives you $100,000, plus they will pay for your college when you come back. And we have a scholarship plan to pay for it. If I make it, I make it. And if I don’t, my school will pay for it in full when I come back…. We have a lot of guys in that category.
“So we out-recruit Florida and Florida State. Now we’ve got to out-recruit pro ball, which is impossible if they want somebody, unless somebody unique like Andy Suarez comes back.”
“The fact we’ve gotten less financial aid has been tough,” he said. “It’s very important at a private school. We’ve lost that over the last 10 years. It’s been harder and harder to get. You’ve got schools like Virginia that know they’re going to get 10 financial aid scholarships. That doubles the scholarships.
“We used to have more when I first got here. Vanderbilt, the financial aid is unlimited. We need some of that back. It’s like being the Pittsburgh Pirates playing the New York Yankees. We’re lucky there’s a lot of
good players in South Florida, which helps us. If we were a private school in the middle of the state, we would have no chance. We need financial aid and we’re hoping we’re going to move back toward that. That’s huge."

Advertisement
How is it possible to NEVER beat a #1 seed for 7 straight years.

If the only # 1 seeds you got to play were two of the best teams in the country (Florida, Louisville) and we weren't?

It's really not that difficult.

Your boys O'Sullivan, Corbin and Schlossnagle have worse track records but that doesn't seem to interest you.

Please. We won the game that gave us the right to get demolished by Florida for the second time in a week.

So if had beaten # 1 seed Dallas Baptist last year it would have been a meaningful win but beating Arkansas (one of your fabled SEC teams) in Omaha isn't?

It's more clear than ever that you just make up this stuff as you go along.

I see how you left out the six previous years and his 11-13 record.

I don't mind mentioning it.

It's part of the record but it's no longer current and it was an anomaly in the man's career. He won a lot from 1994-2008 and he's winning a lot now.

For some reason you're obsessed with 2009-2013 as if it's some cosmic time frame that carries added significance.

Advertisement
We have had one great team since 2001. Yet I'm obsessing over a five year stretch. Good spin.

Just one?

You are seriously delusional.

We've had 4 national seeds since then. We also had great postseason performances in 2002 and 2006. We were also CWS worthy in 2010 and were just badly seeded.

So in other words you're lost as usual.

When Tim Corbin wasn't winning a regional in 2005, Vanderbilt was three years removed from five straight years of finishing in 11th or 12th place in the SEC. He took an afterthought and built a perennial contender.

But when Morris was at Georgia Tech he was called a loser for not winning Regionals with a similarly bad program.

It's pretty clear that you just hate Jim Morris.

There's no other explanation for the double standard.

Jim Morris took a national championship program in 2001 and has turned it into Georgia. Just happy to get into the post-season and occasionally win a game or two.

LOL.

Georgia had had 3 straight losing seasons. They've missed the postseason in 6 of the last 10 years.

But we're just like Georgia. Just happy to get into the postseason and occasionally win a game or two.

Good lord you're stupid.

Advertisement
How is it possible to NEVER beat a #1 seed for 7 straight years.

If the only # 1 seeds you got to play were two of the best teams in the country (Florida, Louisville) and we weren't?

It's really not that difficult.

Your boys O'Sullivan, Corbin and Schlossnagle have worse track records but that doesn't seem to interest you.

The only ones we "got" to play? You can't be serious. Do you know how you avoid playing national seeds on the road? Be a national seed yourself. Or when you are a national seed, try to stay within 10 of another national seed.

It's sad that you have to make excuses to defend such a horrid streak.

"My boys" do not have worse track records. They have three of the most stable and consistent programs in the country.

Please. We won the game that gave us the right to get demolished by Florida for the second time in a week.

So if had beaten # 1 seed Dallas Baptist last year it would have been a meaningful win but beating Arkansas (one of your fabled SEC teams) in Omaha isn't?

It's more clear than ever that you just make up this stuff as you go along.

Yes. That was not a difficult question. Jim Morris has only won in the post-season when he has played 2's, 3's and 4's. Postseason guru.

Just one?

You are seriously delusional.

We've had 4 national seeds since then. We also had great postseason performances in 2002 and 2006. We were also CWS worthy in 2010 and were just badly seeded.

So in other words you're lost as usual.

CWS worthy as the #3 team in the Coastal. Love your high standards.

Jim Morris took a national championship program in 2001 and has turned it into Georgia. Just happy to get into the post-season and occasionally win a game or two.

LOL.

Georgia had had 3 straight losing seasons. They've missed the postseason in 6 of the last 10 years.

But we're just like Georgia. Just happy to get into the postseason and occasionally win a game or two.

Good lord you're stupid.

But it's true. You're happy with Jim Morris, and Jim Morris is one game over .500 in the post-season for the past seven years. Own it if that's how you feel. You are happy with the results, even though we haven't even come close to winning a title. Why deny it?

Advertisement
Back