FAU. That's cute.

The only ones we "got" to play? You can't be serious.

We have no control over the decisions the committee makes.

In 2010 were #8 in the RPI and won 20 games in the ACC. We weren't a national seed. Fine. But at the very least we should have been one of the top non-national # 1's, right?

Nope.

They matched us with # 3 national seed Florida. Why? Because they were the closest national seed. Period. No other reason.

That's the # 1 we 'got' to play.

Get it now? Do you understand any of this?

Advertisement
"My boys" do not have worse track records. They have three of the most stable and consistent programs in the country.

The only thing consistent about those programs is that they were good in 2014-15. Other than that it seems that you don't actually follow any of them.

TCU went 29-28 and missed the postseason in 2013.

Vanderbilt went 35-28 in 2013.

Florida went 29-30 in 2013.

So basically they've been good for as long as your attention span is which seems to be 2 years.

"My boys" do not have worse track records. They have three of the most stable and consistent programs in the country.

How do you get more stable and consistent than 43 straight Regional appearances and 24 CWS appearances?

I guess you have to miss the postseason (Vanderbilt, TCU) and have losing seasons (Florida) in the meantime.

Yes. That was not a difficult question. Jim Morris has only won in the post-season when he has played 2's, 3's and 4's. Postseason guru.

It's good to know that your standard is that stupid.

Virginia was a # 2 by the way. So you think Dallas Baptist in a Super Regional would have been a better win than Virginia in Omaha.

There it is folks.

Advertisement
CWS worthy as the #3 team in the Coastal. Love your high standards.

Yeah. Those are not mutually exclusive. We won 20 games in one of the best conferences (and divisions) in the country.

We finished 4th in the Coastal in 2006 and made it to Omaha.

More facts.

The only ones we "got" to play? You can't be serious.

We have no control over the decisions the committee makes.

In 2010 were #8 in the RPI and won 20 games in the ACC. We weren't a national seed. Fine. But at the very least we should have been one of the top non-national # 1's, right?

Nope.

They matched us with # 3 national seed Florida. Why? Because they were the closest national seed. Period. No other reason.

That's the # 1 we 'got' to play.

Get it now? Do you understand any of this?

2015 - Played a #1 as a national seed, got destroyed. Had our chance.
2014 - Didn't play a #1 because we lost a home regional.
2013 - Played #1 Louisville because we were only good enough to be a #2 .
2012 - Didn't play a #1 because we lost a home regional.
2011 - Played #1 Florida because we were only good enough to be a #2 .
2010 - Played #1 Florida because they were a national seed. Probably a tough draw.
2009 - Played #1 Florida because we were only good enough to be a #2 .

You're not going to be able to blame the committee or randomness for this one. We played ourselves into most of that.

Last edited:
Yes. That was not a difficult question. Jim Morris has only won in the post-season when he has played 2's, 3's and 4's. Postseason guru.

It's good to know that your standard is that stupid.

Virginia was a # 2 by the way. So you think Dallas Baptist in a Super Regional would have been a better win than Virginia in Omaha.

There it is folks.

And you think that Tom Corbin should have been winning regionals three years after Vandy was finishing in last place in the SEC.

But Jim Morris gets a 15 year free pass because 2001.

Advertisement
You're happy with Jim Morris, and Jim Morris is one game over .500 in the post-season for the past seven years.

No.

I'm happy with him being the head coach now. I'm no longer concerned with 2011-12 like you are. The issues have been addressed and we're winning. That has caused you much pain so now you're whining about it.

You're not going to be able to blame the committee or randomness for this one. We played ourselves into most of that.

We definitely played ourselves into it in 2009, 2011-13.

Bad draw in 2010.

Bad luck in 2014.

Nothing in 2015. We made it to Omaha.

So once again with you it's an obsession over 2009-13 that drives you.

And you think that Tom Corbin should have been winning regionals three years after Vandy was finishing in last place in the SEC.

No. I never said any such thing.

I criticized him for losing a home Regional as the #1 overall seed. That was in year 5.

My criticisms are rational and make sense.

You're happy with Jim Morris, and Jim Morris is one game over .500 in the post-season for the past seven years.

No.

I'm happy with him being the head coach now. I'm no longer concerned with 2011-12 like you are. The issues have been addressed and we're winning. That has caused you much pain so now you're whining about it.

We were winning in the regular season then too. That's what you're missing. The issues HAVE NOT been addressed. We have become a program that is good enough to beat most of the teams on our schedule, without realizing that the teams we face in the post-season are better than most of those teams on our schedule. Then people act shocked that we don't win in the post-season.

You know it's true again this year. We do not have the dominating pitching that other teams have. And that's why we will lose.

But tuition.

Advertisement

First off I never gave him any such free pass. Things needed to be addressed and they were. National seed and Omaha in 2015 and probably the same in 2016. Are you still confused by this?

Also 15 years?

Jim Morris won Regionals in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2015.

No such 5 year drought like your boy Corbin. No such missed postseasons like your boy Schlossnagle. No such losing records like your boy O'Sullivan.

First off I never gave him any such free pass. Things needed to be addressed and they were. National seed and Omaha in 2015 and probably the same in 2016. Are you still confused by this?

Also 15 years?

Jim Morris won Regionals in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2015.

No such 5 year drought like your boy Corbin. No such missed postseasons like your boy Schlossnagle. No such losing records like your boy O'Sullivan.

Good points.

Advertisement
We were winning in the regular season then too. That's what you're missing.

No we weren't.

2011: 36-21 (16 RPI)
2012: 36-21 (12 RPI)

2015: 44-14 (1 RPI)

We were getting into the postseason but we weren't 'winning' by our standards.

The difference has been winning more in midweek games. We struggled pretty badly with those for a couple of years. That and finishing off a 1-1 series like we did against VT and Duke. That third win had been missing.

The issues HAVE NOT been addressed.

Winning Percentage
2012: .610
---
2015: .746
2016: .809

Batting Average
2012: .259
----
2015: .307
2016: .300

Slugging Percentage
2012: .388
----
2015: .459
2016: .414

On-Base Percentage
2012: .355
----
2015: .417
2016: .402

Fielding Percentage
2012: .958
----
2015: .971
2016: .984

That nice OBP bump has been a result of getting past some of those all or nothing hitters. Those guys disappeared against quality opponents.

Advertisement
Back