FAU. That's cute.

For six years he couldn't get out of his own way, allegedly because "Gino wasn't there". As I proved so eloquently, Jim Morris had Miami's worst CWS stretch since pre-1974 when he didn't have Gino, Lazar, or Turtle running things for him.

The contradictions continue.

First you wouldn't admit that Gino was an important piece. But now Jim Morris can't win without him.

I was wrong. Gino/Lazar/Turtle are required pieces. Jim Morris running it on his own was a disaster. Worst CWS stretch since before 1974. Thanks Jim.

Advertisement
Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane. I admit that 1995-2004 was a fun time. But, as I have mentioned, it was OVER TEN YEARS AGO. JOIN US IN THE FUTURE.

We went to the World Series last year and were # 1 in the country just last week.

Yet somehow we get accused of living in the past while you whine about results from 5 years ago.

Why aren't we #1 in the country THIS week?

The regular season accolades are getting old, bro. No one cares that someone is #1 in the country in freaking April.

__________ was #1 in the country but did absolutely nothing in the post-season. Their coach was Jim Morris.

Fill in the blank with Georgia Tech or Miami, makes no difference. Same result, different places.

In 87 years of baseball prior to Jim Morris they had 2 Regional appearances. Jim Morris had 9 Regional appearances in 12 years.

I love people like you. He inherited a nothing program with no history of success and had them #1 in the country in his last month as head coach.

But he never went to the World Series so he's a loser who did nothing in the postseason.

Some people are just born with no perspective.

Advertisement
No, he had them in 3rd place in the Atlantic Regional when he left.

They were [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] in May of 1993 and preseason [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] in 1994 before making it to the CWS Championship game.

Yeah, that's shocking. Under Jim Morris, the #1 team in the country finished in 3rd place in their own regional. The very next year, under a different coach, the same team went to the national championship game.

And to think that you wrote that in DEFENSE of Jim Morris.

Advertisement
Yeah, that's shocking. Under Jim Morris, the #1 team in the country finished in 3rd place in their own regional.

You have a bizarre understanding of Jim Morris' postseason resume. He's the winningest coach in Miami baseball history.

A Jim Morris coached team has never failed to reach Omaha as a national seed (6-for-6). He won his first 13 Regionals at Miami. As in won every Regional until 2007.

He also built Georgia Tech into a perennial Regional team.

But somehow you think that he's been a big failure in the postseason.

Like I said. Really bizarre.

The very next year, under a different coach, the same team went to the national championship game.

Jim Morris is way better than Danny Hall. That's not even debatable. He wouldn't have sniffed it without the program that Morris left him.

I love how when somebody wins with, say, Jimmy Johnson's players they're ridiculed for it. But when Danny Hall wins with Jim Morris' players it proves something bad about him as a coach.

Yeah, that's shocking. Under Jim Morris, the #1 team in the country finished in 3rd place in their own regional.

You have a bizarre understanding of Jim Morris' postseason resume. He's the winningest coach in Miami baseball history.

A Jim Morris coached team has never failed to reach Omaha as a national seed (6-for-6). He won his first 13 Regionals at Miami. As in won every Regional until 2007.

He also built Georgia Tech into a perennial Regional team.

But somehow you think that he's been a big failure in the postseason.

Like I said. Really bizarre.

Greg Maddux had the best control in MLB history. Doesn't mean I want him pitching tonight. Everything you say about Jim Morris happened a LONG time ago. He hasn't had a winning record in Omaha in 15 years.

But....2001.

It gets old.

The very next year, under a different coach, the same team went to the national championship game.

Jim Morris is way better than Danny Hall. That's not even debatable. He wouldn't have sniffed it without the program that Morris left him.

I love how when somebody wins with, say, Jimmy Johnson's players they're ridiculed for it. But when Danny Hall wins with Jim Morris' players it proves something bad about him as a coach.

But Hall did sniff it, and Jim Morris didn't. 2-2 in a home regional as the #1 team in the country?

Advertisement

But Hall did sniff it, and Jim Morris didn't. 2-2 in a home regional as the #1 team in the country?

Lol that's like saying Larry Coker's a great coach even though he won with Butch's players....but please continue pump up a coach who hasn't touched the CWS since '06. He hasn't even gotten past his regional in years and you're over here all goo goo eyes about him. It even took him seven years after '94 to even win another regional and get back to the CWS.

Last edited:
Everything you say about Jim Morris happened a LONG time ago.

No.

He's the winningest coach in Miami postseason history now.

Practically no coach in the sport has won as much in the postseason as him as of now.

But he had a bad few years so he must suck.

Advertisement
But Hall did sniff it, and Jim Morris didn't.

So should he have stayed one more year so he could have proved something to you? Or did his first 8 years at Miami where he went to Omaha 7 times and won 2 national championships make up for it?

Georgia Tech could only have dreamed of 'sniffing' anything but *** because of Jim Morris. Danny Hall has proven since then what he really is. Just OK.

Everything you say about Jim Morris happened a LONG time ago.

No.

He's the winningest coach in Miami postseason history now.

Practically no coach in the sport has won as much in the postseason as him as of now.

But he had a bad few years so he must suck.

Nolan Ryan is the all time strikeout leader NOW.

That's how stupid your statement is. No matter how poorly Jim Morris manages the program, he gets to keep doing it because of numbers he accumulated a decade ago.

Advertisement
Back