Elijah Griffin 5* DT from Savannah, GA V2.0

It will take over an hour to get your bag and put of hartsfield ..u could tell who goes there lol
it has taken me at least an hour and a half to off board get my luggage and leave when I arrive in Atlanta. It's up there with JFK the airport in Chicago and lax as the worst in America

Advertisement
It will take over an hour to get your bag and put of hartsfield ..u could tell who goes there lol
Man if we’re talking about making this trip as quick as possible, why are you checking bags.

Listen I could do the whole excercise of mapping out from griffins high school, to the airport, + boarding time, + unboarding etc vs a direct drive from griffins high school to Athens. But it’s not worth my time. I live in Jax, have spent plenty of time in Savannah, fly in and out of Atlanta all the time. I understand the geography and travel time associated with the two different trips quite well. But it’s not worth my time, plus as the other poster conceded, let’s just leave this thread about what it’s supposed to be about.

Not to mention I want the kid at Miami so I’m not about to dedicate time to make UGAs case stronger than it needs to be.

It’s a 4 hour drive from Savannah to Athens. A quick Google search will show you Delta has multiple non stop flights a day from Savannah to Athens

View attachment 296709
View attachment 296710

Meanwhile there’s only 1 non stop flight from Savannah to Miami

View attachment 296711

There is multiple 1 or 2 stops a day but all of those are longer than the 4 hour drive from Savannah to Athens.

View attachment 296712
View attachment 296713

FYI I used the dates for our home openers as well as UGA
Not for nothing, but every flight i seen was to Atlanta(not Athens)…If I remember correctly, isn’t Athens like an 1-1.5 hour drive from Da A???

Advertisement
At least 1.5 hours. Closer to 2 during peak hours.

Savannah isn’t really UGA territory. He may end up at UGA but not because every one in Savannah grows up cheering for UGA.
It’s where Uga was born but I do agree. Lots of Gator and USC fans there.

****, I read 2 pages of posts for all that.
sarcastic willy wonka GIF

Advertisement
Went to see him play tonight. Was in a boot. Nothing major but rolled his ankle. I left after 2-3 drives. Talked to a few people and they all said the same thing like it has been rehearsed. “Prob uga but you never know with him.”

I know he would be a take regardless but I imagine with our recent commits we aren’t feeling great.

Advertisement
is Savannah more USC?
Not really "more", but they are well represented there. There's a good mixture of fans from different schools. Clemson, USCe, UGA, and prolly Bama, would have the most, I would say. Sprinkle in a lil GT and AU. I was surprised to see as many "U" tags and decals as I did the last time I was there. We're definitely in the minority, but there were a few.

There is a sophomore at Elijah’s school that is going to be a big recruit. Plays DE and TE. SEC schools already after him.

There is a sophomore at Elijah’s school that is going to be a big recruit. Plays DE and TE. SEC schools already after him.
U reckon he’s bigger then Ricky Tidwell’s momma?

Advertisement
I've lived just outside Savannah for about 6 years. The amount of transplants living in Savannah Chatham County/Bryan County down into Brunswick is staggering. I meet people from up north daily. Yeah UGA has its share, USCe has some, Georgia Southern has a nice chunk. I mean in my neighborhood alone there are 4-5 Ohio St Flags and 2-3 Alabama Flags...and we are are just around 250 homes.

Last edited:
Certianly close to SC, but not connected that way either. Savannah has had a lot more people transplanting there, including from Atlanta, so it isn’t overly connected to any program or place.

Certianly close to SC, but not connected that way either. Savannah has had a lot more people transplanting there, including from Atlanta, so it isn’t overly connected to any program or place.

There is a strip club just on the other side of the bridge in Savannah (state line?) where I got a lap dance from a stripper with a huge c-section scar.

It was the saddest boner I ever had.

Advertisement
Back