Elijah Griffin 5* DT from Savannah, GA V2.0

Greek freak each and every time.
Lets Go Sport GIF by NBA

Advertisement
I would agree with this but his whole family wants him at UGA to see him play

Unless he really loves UM and talks them into it and they say ok.

All I heard is that his fam wants him home so I say they win out.
at least we have a chance even if it's a small one...Things are different now that all the under the table money is not the only money the schools can give now..

Allen Bailey lived on Sapelo and was part of the Gullah community there. Randy Shannon went for a home visit and ate his Mom’s cooking - postum or squirrel if I remember correctly. That sealed the deal. Shannon acted like it was a cordon bleu 5 star dinner; for all I know he may have really liked it. It’s a bit gamey even for me.
@Andrew please forward my $2 for the month of August to this guy

It’s easier and quicker to go to Miami from Savannah than to go to Athens.
I wouldnt know that but thanks. I am just going by the guest on Donnos show (forget his name) he thinks all UGA and the fam wants him there. It seems believable when he speaks about it but you never know

Advertisement
I wouldnt know that but thanks. I am just going by the guest on Donnos show (forget his name) he thinks all UGA and the fam wants him there. It seems believable when he speaks about it but you never know
You talking about the recruiting overlord, Brian Smith? If so, that dude is great. Straight shooter, tells it like it is and is NOT a FongDong.

It’s easier and quicker to go to Miami from Savannah than to go to Athens.
Are we talking about actually being easier and quicker in terms of drive time? If so, than **** the fvck no it isn’t. Miami is almost double the distance from Savannah than Athens is.

Are we talking about actually being easier and quicker in terms of drive time? If so, than **** the fvck no it isn’t. Miami is almost double the distance from Savannah than Athens is.
Cool find a flight from Savannah to Athens (you won’t) or compare the drive time to how quickly you could fly to Miami. Savannah isn’t anywhere near Athens.

Was it Warner, “The Truth Teller”? Because he also acted like he had some secret intel on Pickett choosing Miami lol

I’m not saying Griffin won’t wind up at UGA. But the drive between the two is long and miserable.

Advertisement
Was it Warner, “The Truth Teller”? Because he also acted like he had some secret intel on Pickett choosing Miami lol

I’m not saying Griffin won’t wind up at UGA. But the drive between the two is long and miserable.
Nah it was not the truth teller it was Brian Smith, that guy sounds like he knows wtf hes talking about when it comes to recruiting. He says its always about relationships and UGA offered Thanos in 7th grade.

Cool find a flight from Savannah to Athens (you won’t) or compare the drive time to how quickly you could fly to Miami. Savannah isn’t anywhere near Athens.
It’s a 4 hour drive from Savannah to Athens. A quick Google search will show you Delta has multiple non stop flights a day from Savannah to Athens

IMG_7640.webp

IMG_7641.webp

Meanwhile there’s only 1 non stop flight from Savannah to Miami

IMG_7642.webp

There is multiple 1 or 2 stops a day but all of those are longer than the 4 hour drive from Savannah to Athens.

IMG_7643.webp

IMG_7644.webp

FYI I used the dates for our home openers as well as UGA

Advertisement
It’s a 4 hour drive from Savannah to Athens. A quick Google search will show you Delta has multiple non stop flights a day from Savannah to Athens

View attachment 296709
View attachment 296710

Meanwhile there’s only 1 non stop flight from Savannah to Miami

View attachment 296711

There is multiple 1 or 2 stops a day but all of those are longer than the 4 hour drive from Savannah to Athens.

View attachment 296712
View attachment 296713

FYI I used the dates for our home openers as well as UGA
That’s not Athens that’s the Atlanta airport and it’s still an hour+ drive when landing lol

So a little over 2 hours total trip
Doubling down after getting called out for going to a completely different city is definitely a choice. And good luck getting out of Hartsfield-Jackson and through Atlanta to Athens in less than 2 hours alone.

But before this turns into another off topic thread let’s just end it. Point is, Athens and Savannah are not convenient to one another any more than hopping on a non-stop to Miami would be.

Advertisement
So a little over 2 hours total trip
But take into account trying to get a rental too, unless Kirby is sending someone to get them picked up directly could be closer to 2 1/2-3. It’d make more sense for them to drive or have Kirby pick them up in a PJ directly

Doubling down after getting called out for going to a completely different city is definitely a choice. And good luck getting out of Hartsfield-Jackson and through Atlanta to Athens in less than 2 hours alone.

But before this turns into another off topic thread let’s just end it. Point is, Athens and Savannah are not convenient to one another any more than hopping on a non-stop to Miami would be.
Friend admittedly I made a mistake on the airport but your making it sound like the Griffins would have to traverse the Oregon trail to get to Athens. The reality is that whether they’re driving to Athens or flying to ATL then driving to Athens versus flying to Miami then driving to campus and/or Hard Rock Stadium the difference in time and money is inconsequential.

Friend admittedly I made a mistake on the airport but your making it sound like the Griffins would have to traverse the Oregon trail to get to Athens. The reality is that whether they’re driving to Athens or flying to ATL then driving to Athens versus flying to Miami then driving to campus and/or Hard Rock Stadium the difference in time and money is inconsequential.
Wasn’t at all implying that, I was pretty clearly just saying that it is quicker and simpler to get from Savannah to Miami than to Athens so I don’t know that “staying home” really applies here. You threw a bunch of screenshots of flights at me as if I was talking out of my *** when I was just explaining that despite being in the same state and appearing to be fairly close, it’s a pain in the *** logistically in terms of two places that are only about 200 miles apart and hopefully that could potentially help us out.

It will take over an hour to get your bag and put of hartsfield ..u could tell who goes there lol

Advertisement
Back