Elijah Griffin 5* DT from Savannah, GA V2.0

“I want to see a Miami game,” Griffin told On3’s Chad Simmons. “I have had some good experiences down there, but I have not seen a game yet. It would be good for me to experience as I get closer to a decision.”

After initially planning on announcing his commitment on the first day of the early signing period on December 4, Griffin may come off the board sooner rather than later.

“I am still debating if I want to commit on or around my birthday (Oct. 12) or not,” Griffin told On3. “My official visit to Georgia is on Oct. 12, so if I feel the time is right, then I will. If not, and I feel I am not ready yet, I will wait it out until December.

“That is something I am still thinking about and trying to figure out. It is a big decision. I want to make sure of things and then make the decision when I feel the time is right in my heart.”

During Griffin’s official visit in June, the No. 6 prospect in the On3 Industry Ranking had the chance to speak with Miami true freshman and former five-star defensive lineman Justin Scott, who went through a similar recruiting process.

“He was talking about how he was about to go to Ohio State and came here, how that decision was for him, and how he ultimately made it,” Gri “That meant a lot, a guy who plays the same position (saying that). About the same size as him – if I was to make that decision (to be a Hurricane) and play right next to him I think we’d make a great duo.” Scott registering his first college sack last weekend is something else that has his attention.

“The team had a big win over Florida, and there is a future at Miami,” “Justin Scott and Armondo Blount are there, and Miami has some talent coming up.”

On Miami defensive line coaches Jason Taylor and Joe Salave'a: “Their message is development,” “They talk a lot about their developmental standpoint. That is their pitch. It is about their coaches and their experience in the NFL. Coach Jason Taylor and coach Joe Salave’a played in the NFL, they know the game and to be coached by those guys would be great. I like their experience.”

Advertisement
“I am still debating if I want to commit on or around my birthday (Oct. 12) or not,” Griffin told On3. “My official visit to Georgia is on Oct. 12, so if I feel the time is right, then I will. If not, and I feel I am not ready yet, I will wait it out until December.
So basically, if he’s picking Georgia, he’ll stick with the October 12th timeline to announce his decision.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back