Does Anyone Really Care About Kayaa's Decision?

The question is do you want to break in a new qb in 2017 or 2018? Some of you say Kaaya gets us to 10 wins and an ACC Championship game [loss] next year. Does anyone dispute that is probably his ceiling? You know what you are going to get. We haven't seen Allison, maybe he is the next Gino Toretta. On the other hand, maybe he sucks. If that is the case, wouldn't you rather know that going into 2018 so that we can address the position and make what I think will be our first legitimate run at another title? Even if Allison starts, I think the team surrounding him is good enough to win the Coastal. Again, I don't want Kaaya to leave, but it's not the end of our hopes next year if he enters the draft.

Giving Allison and Perry another year to bulk up (both were/are sticks coming in) and learn the playbook means that they're more likely to be successful in 2018 than in 2017, IMO. Unless someone thinks that Rosier is better than Kaaya straight up, it'd make sense to maximize his time here.

I'm with you on Perry, but Allison just had a full year to get bigger and learn the playbook. By the time next season rolls around that will be almost two years to bulk up. I don't think waiting until year 3 will make a difference in his size or performance. I try to project how we can be best positioned to make a title run. If Tony Cucks wants to call it hypothetical b.s. so be it. Our coaching staff actually flat out stated we need two recruiting classes to have the depth necessary to compete for titles. That means 2018 will be the first year we have the depth to go 11-1 and compete for a playoff spot. Is it better to have a brand new qb or one with a year of experience if we want to win ring number 6? I lean towards the latter.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Question - name me one other fan base where they DONT want their all time leader in passing yards to NOT come back ?

Regardless of what happens with Kaaya, we better be in the acc title game next year.

Agree.

This isn't 15-20 years ago when freshmen QBs were expected to be disasters. That's why I'm not panicking if Kaaya leaves.

We have enough to win the **** coastal.

Advertisement
Regardless of what happens with Kaaya, we better be in the acc title game next year.

Agree.

This isn't 15-20 years ago when freshmen QBs were expected to be disasters. That's why I'm not panicking if Kaaya leaves.

That is true. The top teams shuffle QBs in and out regularly. If Richt is going to be the guy here then we should win next year with Rosier.

LOL with Kaaya next season we are a top 10 team without we are like this season again. If you care about winning then this thread is moronic. Literally how can this be a conversation . He is one of the best qbs to ever play here and is the leading passer all time here .

Agree.

No . NO way in **** are winning anything next season without Kaaya. Now if he is here ( I think he will be ) we have no excuse but you aren't winning the ACC conference with Allison or Perry as first year QBs.

Question - name me one other fan base where they DONT want their all time leader in passing yards to NOT come back ?

There are a ton of idiots in fan bases who always think the grass is greener. Kaaya is the best pro prospect we have had at QB since Testeverde yet some want him gone . Boggles the f'in mind I tell ya.

Advertisement

There are a ton of idiots in fan bases who always think the grass is greener. Kaaya is the best pro prospect we have had at QB since Testeverde yet some want him gone . Boggles the f'in mind I tell ya.

Its always the next guy. They wanted duke gone because he didnt win big games and yearby was supposedly better than cook.

Agree.

No . NO way in **** are winning anything next season without Kaaya. Now if he is here ( I think he will be ) we have no excuse but you aren't winning the ACC conference with Allison or Perry as first year QBs.

If they don't play in 2017, does that mean we'll have no chance in 2018 because they'll be first-year starters?

If he stays great. If he leaves, whatever. How many people feel this way? I don't think Kaaya staying or going impacts our win lose total next year very much one way or the other.

I think him staying helps us win more. I don't think him staying puts us into top 10 territory. For that reason I am a ok with him staying or going.

Advertisement
I personally hope Kaaya leaves, but I am much more concerned whether the coaching staff is dumb enough to drag Linder's crippled, sorry *** back out on the field next year at Center. If Linder's starting next year, it might not matter who starts at Quarterback.

Advertisement
I hope the job doesn't go to a young guy next year. Because if Allison leads it, it's unlikely that Perry gets to start for a few years. I'd like to see an old guy run next year, then perry usher in the new generation of Canes mobile QB's

I would like Kaaya to come back but I could see the argument either way. If Jack isn't ready to start next year and play at a high level then he never will. Name the last great college QB that sat for his first 2 years "learning". It just doesn't happen. In today's college football the elite QBs are elite pretty early. Just look at kids like Jackson, Manziel, Winston, Tebow. All won Heismans in year 2.

Advertisement
Back