Does Anyone Really Care About Kayaa's Decision?

I would be really surprised if he came back at this point.

:XvfmlQQ:

Now you complain about Rosier next year.

i think Rosier transfers . . . he isn't as good as BK

Rosier is not transferring. He's happy being a career backup

I didnt know that about him. I don't see any scenario where he gets meaningful reps next year, save for injuries. I can't even see him improving enough to get on the field. He seems like a poor man's Kirby Freeman.

Advertisement
Kaaya hasn't done **** in three years at Miami. I won't be one bit disappointed if he declares for the NFL.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

And before y'all talk about kaaya not doing nothing, he made Phillip dorsett into a first rounder and improved walfords draft stock. Without kaaya dorsett ain't did sh*t in the league

Has nothing to do with Luck's crap o-line and shoddy coaching.

Advertisement
Also, it wouldn't hurt to actually post a 10-win season next year and actually start stacking recruits again, but hey....let's go 7-5 with a new QB. Maybe 2020 will be the year we can post double digit wins and make the ACC Champioship.....

This makes two assumptions that may or may not be true:

1. Kaaya will improve if he comes back. He made negligible improvement this year. His feet are still bad. His accuracy falls off a cliff when his footwork is rushed. He locks onto his first read. His eyes drop when he sees the rush. He very well could get better in these areas, but he hasn't done it yet.

2. Jack/N'Kosi would cost us games. The nature of college football is that players are constantly replaced. The next could be worse, just as good, or even better. For example, we lost Clive Walford and replaced him with a first-round talent at TE. In this day and age of college football, we see redshirt freshmen QBs have success all the time. ****, Bama is probably about to win a national championship with a true freshman QB.

If Kaaya returns, fine. If he doesn't, I don't think we should go into panic mode. If Jack/N'Kosi are crummy QBs, an extra year of riding the pine won't make much difference. Look at Max Browne at USC. He waited his turn and sucked. The redshirt freshman QB came in and completely turned that team around.

Ding Ding Ding!

If Kaaya leaves and Allison wins the job does Perry wait his turn or does he transfer?

Perry's going to need a red-shirt. Allison would be eligible to leave after the 2018 season. Which at that point, heading into the 2019 season Perry would be a red-shirt sophmore given that he's a year behind Allison.

I actually think rosier should open spring camp as the starter if kaaya leaves. He's been in the program 3 years, has a road win and while his arm isn't what Allison's is I think his wheels can keep drives alive and his arm wasn't terrible against duke last year so I'm assuming he's at least made some progress in that

Advertisement
We're better off with BK than without him, but there's no reason to believe we're winning anything either way. Has there been an example of a college QB who went from good to great between junior and senior seasons?

Has there been an example of a college QB who went from good to great between junior and senior seasons?

Depends on what you define as "good" and then "great"...

Joe Flacco

Jay Cutler

Carson Palmer

Dak Prescott

Matt Ryan

Colin Kaepernick

Eli Manning

Philip Rivers

Russell Wilson (127.5 => 191.8)

Thad Lewis

I think the real question is how much can you improve your senior season.

What a bunch of sheep! U never complained about Kaaya's mobility his first two years. U had the highest confidence in him running the offense his first two years and U never questioned his ability to win big games his first two years. In comes a brand new staff, new pro-style offense, new playbook and expected growing pains. With that said four teams proved to be better than you during your four game stretch because the team hadn't come around yet for more reason than your QB. Now the media has you repeating BS that U would have went to war against the first two years regarding your QB. What a bunch of sheep U are!

Last edited:
Question - name me one other fan base where they DONT want their all time leader in passing yards to NOT come back ?

blake bortles will soon be there with the jaguars if they stick with him

that stupid statistic doesn't mean jack ***ing ****

Last edited:
Advertisement
Has there been an example of a college QB who went from good to great between junior and senior seasons?

Joe Flacco

Jay Cutler

Carson Palmer

Dak Prescott

Matt Ryan

Colin Kaepernick

Eli Manning

Philip Rivers

Thad Lewis

Rivers, Wilson and Palmer are good examples. Most of the others didn't show a big jump from jr. to sr. season.

I've seen the light. There's no way we'd be able to replace the 6th rated passer in the ACC (who gives nothing in the run game).

Advertisement

Joe Flacco

Jay Cutler

Carson Palmer

Dak Prescott

Matt Ryan

Colin Kaepernick

Eli Manning

Philip Rivers

Thad Lewis

Rivers, Wilson and Palmer are good examples. Most of the others didn't show a big jump from jr. to sr. season.

Subjective but a lot of them, that you left out, had tremendous improvement. It happens.

The question is do you want to break in a new qb in 2017 or 2018? Some of you say Kaaya gets us to 10 wins and an ACC Championship game [loss] next year. Does anyone dispute that is probably his ceiling? You know what you are going to get. We haven't seen Allison, maybe he is the next Gino Toretta. On the other hand, maybe he sucks. If that is the case, wouldn't you rather know that going into 2018 so that we can address the position and make what I think will be our first legitimate run at another title? Even if Allison starts, I think the team surrounding him is good enough to win the Coastal. Again, I don't want Kaaya to leave, but it's not the end of our hopes next year if he enters the draft.

No i'd rather go into the season with all the experience and talent necessary to win the coastal rather than "planning" for some hypothetical title run. Same dumb **** we heard about 2013 and 2009.

Regardless of what happens with Kaaya, we better be in the acc title game next year. I can't think of a national title winning coach recently who didnt have his program churning by the second year.

Jimbob actually didn't have FSU churning by his 2nd year. He lost 4 games in year 2. And actually Jimbo was the de facto head coach for the last few years of Bowden's tenure.

But Jimbo is the exception rather than the norm.

As a starter Brad Kaaya is 1-6 against ranked opponents. I know that football is a team sport and blame cannot be placed solely on one player, but this is downright awful. 1-6… 1 and 6 !!! I truly hope we come out and blow WVU out of the water. However, history has not been in our favor in these games over the past decade. I imagine it will be a closely contested game and we edge out the competition, but I have a feeling it will be on the backs of Mark Walton and the defense. This game definitely offers BK the chance to come out and impress the NFL if he has a great game and looks on point. Maybe some of the footwork issues he has had this year has been due to a sore knee (vs. App St) that has had time to heal? If for some reason we lose and BKs leaves and his record against ranked opponents slides to (1-7), this will be much more of his legacy than the passing records. Time will tell.

Go Canes.

Indifferent about his future as a Cane, simply because his replacement will not be better (next season).

Advertisement
Back