Do we still want Larranaga fired or forced to retire?

This is so incredibly dumb.

Coach L isn't just better than Haith or Clark, he's by far the most successful coach in the entire history of the program. He's widely regarded as a top-10-15 coach in the country. He's the best recruiter we've had and his on the court results are the best we've ever had.

Comparing us to UCLA, the winningest college basketball program of all time, is special needs stupid. If location is SO important, why do schools like Kentucky and Kansas dominate? Talk about delusional.

It's dumb to continue to argue. No other fanbase would have "fans" arguing that the best coach in program history, who just finished 3rd in the ACC, is a disappointment.

Then again Gatorhater and Jagr aren't really fans. Both guys spend 6 hours a day on here complaining about every aspect of the school. I can't imagine how much your life has to suck to be that sad and miserable all the time

You can pretend that my life is miserable if you want, but at least I'm not bragging about settling for mediocrity. "Best coach in program history" isn't that high of a bar. Instead of putting up a statue of the guy simply for being better than Bill Foster, why don't we have aspirations to hold up a trophy every now and then.

Finishing 3rd isn't an accomplishment at championship schools. But you don't want us to be a championship school. Coaches are more important than programs to you. Your mindset is why we allowed Jim Morris to tank the baseball program. Now you're popping champagne because Jim Mullenaga finished 3rd in a conference.

Advertisement
THIRD PLACE!!!! WE DID IT!!!!
Yes. We did. With our best player out we still were able to reach 3rd place in a conference with Duke, UNC, Virgina, Louisville, Pitt, and many other consistently good basketball teams. We've been good 3 years in a row. Wichita State, at one point during their recent streak, had to go to the tourney a miserly 3 times in a row before reaching 7.

It is is just too early to complain. We're going to have a better seed than last year, and it's our 3rd consecutive year. Last year was our best recruiting class ever. The program is on the rise. Once it's not, then we can talk about a new coach.

Advertisement
Yes. We did. With our best player out we still were able to reach 3rd place in a conference with Duke, UNC, Virgina, Louisville, Pitt, and many other consistently good basketball teams. We've been good 3 years in a row. Wichita State, at one point during their recent streak, had to go to the tourney a miserly 3 times in a row before reaching 7.

It is is just too early to complain. We're going to have a better seed than last year, and it's our 3rd consecutive year. Last year was our best recruiting class ever. The program is on the rise. Once it's not, then we can talk about a new coach.

So you believe we can do bigger and better things with Coach L running the show. I respect that stance. What I can't stomach is "this is the best we can hope for. We will never be UNC or Duke."

So you believe we can do bigger and better things with Coach L running the show. I respect that stance. What I can't stomach is "this is the best we can hope for. We will never be UNC or Duke."

For the sake of conversation, even though this is beyond retarded, David Cutcliffe has taken a program that was a perennial doormat laughingstock in CFB, and turned them respectable (not as respectable as L turned UM Basketball, but no longer a doormat laughingstock). Should Duke be firing Cutcliffe because he isn't winning championships?

For the sake of conversation, even though this is beyond retarded, David Cutcliffe has taken a program that was a perennial doormat laughingstock in CFB, and turned them respectable (not as respectable as L turned UM Basketball, but no longer a doormat laughingstock). Should Duke be firing Cutcliffe because he isn't winning championships?

It depends on if Duke actually wants to compete for championships in football. By all appearances, they don't care to put that much into it. If they are happy with Cutcliffe winning 7-8 games and going to a bowl, then they should keep him. If they want to compete for championships, they have a lot of upgrading to do, and that includes an upgrade in coaching.

If Miami is happy with occasional tournament appearances the way Duke is happy with bowl games, we should keep Coach L.

Being "competitive" is enough for some people.

I love how we "FINISHED 3RD"......in a tie with three other teams, literally one game ahead of #7. In the fourth best conference.

Advertisement

Essentially you just said "we should be content with being better than we used to be". How sad.

It depends on if Duke actually wants to compete for championships in football. By all appearances, they don't care to put that much into it. If they are happy with Cutcliffe winning 7-8 games and going to a bowl, then they should keep him. If they want to compete for championships, they have a lot of upgrading to do, and that includes an upgrade in coaching.

If Miami is happy with occasional tournament appearances the way Duke is happy with bowl games, we should keep Coach L.

Being "competitive" is enough for some people.

We aren't occasionally making the tournament tough. If we were you might have an argument, but this will be our 4th time in 6 years and 3rd year in a row. The last time we managed that type of consistency was just before Leonard left.

Last edited:
Essentially you just said "we should be content with being better than we used to be". How sad.

We went from being a ****** program that barely ever made the NCAAT to being a respectable program that regularly makes the NCAAT. You are blaming L because he has been unable to take a program from being ****** and barely ever making the NCAAT to a championship team. That's retarded. Which active coaches in major college sports have successfully turned a ****** program with no history into a championship program? Maybe a couple, but I can't think of any off hand. There are many that took respectable programs and ran them into the ground.

We went from being a ****** program that barely ever made the NCAAT to being a respectable program that regularly makes the NCAAT. You are blaming L because he has been unable to take a program from being ****** and barely ever making the NCAAT to a championship team. That's retarded. Which active coaches in major college sports have successfully turned a ****** program with no history into a championship program? Maybe a couple, but I can't think of any off hand. There are many that took respectable programs and ran them into the ground.

So why don’t we look for a guy who can take a tournament team and turn it into a championship team? Why are we happy with just being a tournament team?

Advertisement
We aren't occasionally making the tournament tough. If we were you might have an argument, but this will be our 4th time in 6 years and 3rd year in a row. The last time we managed that type of consistency was just before Leonard left.

That’s not really the discussion. You can bring up the semantics of occasionally vs regularly. I’m more concerned with being more than just a team that makes the tournament.

So why don’t we look for a guy who can take a tournament team and turn it into a championship team? Why are we happy with just being a tournament team?
Dude we get it already. Oh my God! Broken record. Coach L has turned this program around but hasn't won a championship. Might happen someday but probably not soon since the fbi ***ked up our recruiting class for next year and maybe the year after. It really set us back.

He's here to stay so get on board or get out. I'm happy as **** that we made the tournament the last 3 years but I'm also very disappointed when we don't win it all. I honestly thought in 2013 we would win it all and then in 2016 I thought we had angood shot too. I was extremely disappointed when they bowed out early. But give him some more time. Who out there will you replace him with? Come on.

Dude we get it already. Oh my God! Broken record. Coach L has turned this program around but hasn't won a championship. Might happen someday but probably not soon since the fbi ***ked up our recruiting class for next year and maybe the year after. It really set us back.

He's here to stay so get on board or get out. I'm happy as **** that we made the tournament the last 3 years but I'm also very disappointed when we don't win it all. I honestly thought in 2013 we would win it all and then in 2016 I thought we had angood shot too. I was extremely disappointed when they bowed out early. But give him some more time. Who out there will you replace him with? Come on.
Exactly. With everything he's done he's not gonna be gone for a while.

Advertisement
Jaromir and Gator Hater only react to my post with a thumbs down and a laughing emoji. Real cute guys. Nothing to say back? Because you've repeated the same sentiment over and over again. Coach L has been great for Miami. It's not easy to recruit superstar high schoolers because they all want to go to Duke Kentucky Kansas and UNC. But he's gotten his share of stud recruits and transfers. He's done an admirable job and I don't see him being replaced for a long time. Until he is ready to call it quits.

Jaromir and Gator Hater only react to my post with a thumbs down and a laughing emoji. Real cute guys. Nothing to say back? Because you've repeated the same sentiment over and over again. Coach L has been great for Miami. It's not easy to recruit superstar high schoolers because they all want to go to Duke Kentucky Kansas and UNC. But he's gotten his share of stud recruits and transfers. He's done an admirable job and I don't see him being replaced for a long time. Until he is ready to call it quits.

Because its pointless to argue with homers. If L is a top 5 coach. We should have a top 8 recruiting class each year. How many kids would turn down a chance to be coached by a top 5 coach and live in Miami for 5 years. We and Jagr want our school be to succesfull. You are happy being a NCAAT team.

Hold on a second. You reply to me with "BROKEN RECORD, GET ON BOARD OR GET OUT". Then when I don't say anything back, you get mad that I didn't reply? Pick one of your ten personalities and stick with it, please.

He's done an admirable job......

LOL. An admirable job. Once again, the man is more important than the program. We don't want to be a championship program because that would mean getting rid of Jim Larracutcliffe, who has done an "admirable" job.

Advertisement
Back