Do we still want Larranaga fired or forced to retire?

You obviously forget that elite coaches as you say like Coach K and Williams let our average coach DESTROY THEM in their National Championship seasons with inferior talent. You are dealing with someone who knows coaching as you obviously don’t. It’s not about the girls on South Beach. It’s about tradition which he has been building and the FBI scam put a big hit on that. We never would have gotten Walker and Brown without an ELITE COACH. Take your argument to junior high school where it belongs youngster.

Yah because during the regular season they are still tinkering with their roster to see what works in particular situations. 95% of the time they beat us when it matters. No, Im dealing with a delusional idiot who probably thinks Notre Dame players still get pumped up to win one for the Gipper. Maybe in your generation the kids would rather go play for Oregon, Missouri, or Texas for whatever reason, but this generation thinks differently. These kids would love to go live in Miami. Enjoy the weather. Hit South Beach. Get surrounded by women. Obviously there are a few schools we cant compete with, but that is about it.

Advertisement
Yah because during the regular season they are still tinkering with their roster to see what works in particular situations. 95% of the time they beat us when it matters. No, Im dealing with a delusional idiot who probably thinks Notre Dame players still get pumped up to win one for the Gipper. Maybe in your generation the kids would rather go play for Oregon, Missouri, or Texas for whatever reason, but this generation thinks differently. These kids would love to go live in Miami. Enjoy the weather. Hit South Beach. Get surrounded by women. Obviously there are a few schools we cant compete with, but that is about it.
There are hot girls at every school. I don't think weather plays more of a factor than it did before. The only thing that can really change is facilities and coaches. You don't think Coach L has thought of telling recruits we have good weather?

And every game matters if you want to make it to the tourney. Lose 2 games because of "tinkering" and you could drop a seed and decrease your chances of making it as far in the tourney. You can't just write off a win as "the other coach was trying something else out." That excuse doesn't make any sense. We're also tinkering just as much as they are.

There are hot girls at every school. I don't think weather plays more of a factor than it did before. The only thing that can really change is facilities and coaches. You don't think Coach L has thought of telling recruits we have good weather?

And every game matters if you want to make it to the tourney. Lose 2 games because of "tinkering" and you could drop a seed and decrease your chances of making it as far in the tourney. You can't just write off a win as "the other coach was trying something else out." That excuse doesn't make any sense. We're also tinkering just as much as they are.

Regardless of the reason UNC and Duke always step it up in the post season and Miami does not. That is a fact. K and Cal are masters of figuring out what groups of guys work in what points for each game. They do this by playing around with the lineup during the regular season. Cal and K would rather drop a seed and know which lineups works best in each situation. Literally every year you see it. They lose a few games because some reason or another and then go on a deep run in the tourney. Every school has hot girls I agree, but the city of Miami and LA are the two cities with the most hot girls. Plus look at RJ Barret and Cam Reddish. Do you think they would rather be banging the hot girls at Duke who resemble the DG girls at Miami. Or are they trying to bang the thick black and spanish girls from the city of Miami that resemble girls in 2 chainz and gucci mane music video. Most p5 schools have hot girls, but not all of them are going to have the type of girls elite young basketball players are going to want to bang. The stereotype that all black guys want to bang white girls is just a stereotype and not true. The weather I agree was always a plus, but its even more of a plus now that no one is afraid to go to Miami now. Im sure it was hard to get kids from other cities to come here when the city was looking like GTA Vice City, but now when people think of Miami they think of hot girls and good weather. Plus like I said go to any NBA or Rappers IG they all love Miami. Go listen to Hot 97 or power 105.1 or any rap station for 30 minutes and you will here at least 1 mention of Miami. I was literally listening a Blac Youngsta interview the other day on the radio the question came up about who has the hottest strip club in the nation. This dude is from Tennessee and he said Miami. Drake is making videos at UM. Go to any hood in America and ask a kid if he had to leave town for a few years where would he want to go. I Gauruntee 95% are picking Miami. My point is people seem to think Miami will never be able to be more then a team that makes the tournament. They like to bring up how other schools cant get past that hump, but they forget that Miami has something none of those other schools have and thats being a P6 ACC school in the hottest city in America. I dont expect us to beat out the Blue bloods and we may lose out on kids that choose to stay home, but other then that we should be cleaning up all of the remaining talent.

Okay child here it is in Plain English. Miami is a FOOTBALL SCHOOL, Duke and North Carolina aand Kentucky are BASKETBALL SCHOOLS with a tradition in their sport longer than ours in football. Duke has a very good football coach in David Cutcliffe. Like Coach L makes the tournament he makes Bowl games. TRADITION overrides beaches and girls and most of Miami players don’t have cars and time to go to beaches because in case you forget driving to the beach takes time and parking and eating takes LOTS OF MONEY. Miami players are not the gangster kids that are thinking about *** all the time. Walker is very intelligent STUDENT along with others. Tradition in college sports outweighs all you talk about. If UM was located on the beach it would be different but it’s not. Get off your high horse and realize it and stop BASHING A GREAT COACH. Put Coach L at Duke and he wins twice as many Ncs as Coach K with same players.

Advertisement
Okay child here it is in Plain English. Miami is a FOOTBALL SCHOOL, Duke and North Carolina aand Kentucky are BASKETBALL SCHOOLS with a tradition in their sport longer than ours in football. Duke has a very good football coach in David Cutcliffe. Like Coach L makes the tournament he makes Bowl games. TRADITION overrides beaches and girls and most of Miami players don’t have cars and time to go to beaches because in case you forget driving to the beach takes time and parking and eating takes LOTS OF MONEY. Miami players are not the gangster kids that are thinking about *** all the time. Walker is very intelligent STUDENT along with others. Tradition in college sports outweighs all you talk about. If UM was located on the beach it would be different but it’s not. Get off your high horse and realize it and stop BASHING A GREAT COACH. Put Coach L at Duke and he wins twice as many Ncs as Coach K with same players.

Was following you til you said Coach L wins more titles than coach K if he's at Duke ... that's not accurate at all. Coach K is arguably one of the 5 best college coaches ever ... Coach L isn't even one of the 5 best coaches in the country right now.

I would like to know who is doing the god job with our big guys? Is it coach L or an assistant? IMO coach L needs some help like Bobby needed Jimbo

Was following you til you said Coach L wins more titles than coach K if he's at Duke ... that's not accurate at all. Coach K is arguably one of the 5 best college coaches ever ... Coach L isn't even one of the 5 best coaches in the country right now.

Yup. Coach K is going to be right there with Rupp and Wooden when it's all over.

Advertisement
Nobody said he walked into power but if Larranaga had the same players as Coach K I think he wins more because he has done more with less at George Mason and Miami.

Nobody said he walked into power but if Larranaga had the same players as Coach K I think he wins more because he has done more with less at George Mason and Miami.

So you think Jim Larranaga is one of the greatest college basketball coaches of all time. Like top 5 ever in the history of the sport.

Coach K is the reason why Duke is Duke. Quit acting as though the guy just walked in to a traditional power.
Hate to break it to you but Duke was a national hoops power decades before Coach K ever set foot on campus. As was UNC prior to Dean Smith becoming HC. Hard to recruit comparable talent when your modest arena isn't even half full for ACC games. Recruits aren't blind. I heard more chants of support from Canes fans last nite in Brooklyn than I hear emanating during most games from the Watsco.

Advertisement
Hate to break it to you but Duke was a national hoops power decades before Coach K ever set foot on campus. As was UNC prior to Dean Smith becoming HC. Hard to recruit comparable talent when your modest arena isn't even half full for ACC games. Recruits aren't blind. I heard more chants of support from Canes fans last nite in Brooklyn than I hear emanating during most games from the Watsco.

Duke had a nice run from 1960-66 and another nice run from 1978-1980. Far from a "national hoops power" for decades. They did absolutely nothing from 1967-1977.

North Carolina had four tournament appearances in their history before Dean Smith got there.

Do the basic research if you're going to make claims like that.

the job coach l is doing this season is absolutely redic--do u see the **** we put out there every nite without brown.

Wrong again. So is James Harden, JR Smith , and Kyrie Irving gangsters? Because they are constantly banging girls. And if all of the good players are "gangsters" then we should try to recruit them instead of recruiting these "Miami Kids who do well in school". Also, if you took a walk through majority black neighborhoods it isn't only the "gangsters" that listen to rap, wear jordans, and want to bang thick *******. It is the vast majority of people from those areas. Especially the elite athletes. I am sure most of them do well in school because they know they have no shot in going pro. Lonnie is the exception, but I would like to know what his major is and what classes he is taking. Since he will be here for only 1 year he could be a communications major and took the 5 easiest classes so far. Rocks for Jocks, Religion 101, intro to music(the class with 200 kids and they play classic music over the loud speaker and have kids right down the order of the songs and everyone just looks at their neighbors answers), etc. I am sure he is a smart kid, but getting a 4.0 freshman year loaded with cake walk classes is not impressive. What Braxton Berrios did was beyond impressive.

Advertisement
after reading this thread im bout to square up with whoever thinks coach L is a bad or subpar coach. He literally has us in contention for the post season every year. EVERY YEAR. And hes finally getting those joe rose Big Mac McDonalds All Americans. Yall STFU please.

Duke had a nice run from 1960-66 and another nice run from 1978-1980. Far from a "national hoops power" for decades. They did absolutely nothing from 1967-1977.

North Carolina had four tournament appearances in their history before Dean Smith got there.

Rhetorical question, would you not consider Miami a national football power then?

after reading this thread im bout to square up with whoever thinks coach L is a bad or subpar coach. He literally has us in contention for the post season every year. EVERY YEAR. And hes finally getting those joe rose Big Mac McDonalds All Americans. Yall STFU please.

First off, nobody said he is a bad coach. I think he is a good coach, but it's ok to question him and the way he runs the program. Some people feel like he is not getting the most out of his players and his "offense" is horrid at times. This is a bigger picture kind of thing ... kind of like what people were saying about Morris a few years ago when he was in the CWS. You see how that has turned out right? Yes we were in the CWS but the bigger picture showed we were about to fall off a cliff. Checked out the baseball team thus far ... welcome to the cliff.
Yes he gets us to the post season, but is that REALLY that big of deal? You know guys get fired for not making the tournament consistently? So the "bar" we are setting is just good enough to not get fired? It's the equivalent of giving a football coach props for getting into a bowl game every year. It's nice, it means you're pretty good, but it's not the litmus test for determining if your ready to take the next step. It's ok to question him. Let's see if he can keep getting those All Americans AND coach them up.

I don't need basic research, I lived it. You forgot UNC's 1957, pre-Dean National Championship btw. Duke was an elite team in the 60s period you mentioned under Vic Bubas. Final Championship game appearance or two. And, in Duke's relatively poorer years, they were playing in an ACC dominated by NC State's David Thompson teams (National Champions) and the usual UNC and Maryland juggernauts of that time. The ACC, since the 50s, has always been dominant, just a matter of which teams were surging. Even Wake had its day, as did South Carolina. Only Clemson was a perennial loser.

Advertisement
Back