Do we still want Larranaga fired or forced to retire?

Duke had a nice run from 1960-66 and another nice run from 1978-1980. Far from a "national hoops power" for decades. They did absolutely nothing from 1967-1977.

North Carolina had four tournament appearances in their history before Dean Smith got there.

Do the basic research if you're going to make claims like that.

Just shut **** up already.

Advertisement
Wrong again. So is James Harden, JR Smith , and Kyrie Irving gangsters? Because they are constantly banging girls. And if all of the good players are "gangsters" then we should try to recruit them instead of recruiting these "Miami Kids who do well in school". Also, if you took a walk through majority black neighborhoods it isn't only the "gangsters" that listen to rap, wear jordans, and want to bang thick *******. It is the vast majority of people from those areas. Especially the elite athletes. I am sure most of them do well in school because they know they have no shot in going pro. Lonnie is the exception, but I would like to know what his major is and what classes he is taking. Since he will be here for only 1 year he could be a communications major and took the 5 easiest classes so far. Rocks for Jocks, Religion 101, intro to music(the class with 200 kids and they play classic music over the loud speaker and have kids right down the order of the songs and everyone just looks at their neighbors answers), etc. I am sure he is a smart kid, but getting a 4.0 freshman year loaded with cake walk classes is not impressive. What Braxton Berrios did was beyond impressive.

If you saw Duke- N Car game last night you saw what I mean about Tradition. FIVE NBA DUKE ALUM were in stands at game. Miami gets former players back to work out in football as we have always been a big family. In basketball it’s the same at Duke and N.C. WAHEN WE GET SOME NAME PLAYERS WHO RETURN AFTER GRADUATION IT WILL HELP ATTRACT BETTER PLAYERS.

If you saw Duke- N Car game last night you saw what I mean about Tradition. FIVE NBA DUKE ALUM were in stands at game. Miami gets former players back to work out in football as we have always been a big family. In basketball it’s the same at Duke and N.C. WAHEN WE GET SOME NAME PLAYERS WHO RETURN AFTER GRADUATION IT WILL HELP ATTRACT BETTER PLAYERS.

I watched the game. Maybe I should capitalize my point because you don't seem to comprehend it. I DON'T EXPECT TO OUT RECRUIT DUKE. Regardless, how many of those guys are actually making waves in the NBA? Also, we have plenty of actual NBA ballers coming to campus. https://247sports.com/college/miami...g-to-University-of-Miami-to-Work-Out-39623837

Advertisement
Advertisement
Larranaga is our best bball coach ever. Why in the world would anybody want to replace him?

With that being said Larranaga's 68 and I doubt he'll be coaching for very much longer. We're going to have to replace Larranaga in the next 3-4 years, unfortunately.

We threw THREE automatic wins (GT, Cuse, BC), plus two choke and pukes (FSU and Clemson), and have a chance for third in the ACC.

WITH a half court offense that consists of: A: Immediate, off balance 3 (our bread and butter when we have a lead in the last 7 minutes) B: Desperation off balance 3 at the shot clock buzzer (used only when time is no factor) and C: Turnover, and with our best player out with injury. Oh, and we dont play interior defense, and let teams shoot uncontested from the perimeter.

Would be nice to get in a bag man assistant coach, who can recruit that one elite player we need.

Coach L is NOT the problem, he is the Savior.

Now, as for the NCAA Tourney, well...... A history of absolutely sickening performances (besides the '16 loss to elite 'Nova in the S16). Losing to teams that consisted of fans selected at random from the crowd before tip off (last year, that "No Mas" to marquette in the S 16 when we had a Championship contending team but tapped out because someone may have had the snifflres, etc) UF hires a Pee Wee league coach with a scratch program, and they still have more elite 8's than us.

If Pitt was an automatic win than UVA was an automatic loss.

I am so sick of threads like this that bash the program. What short memories many of the posters have... The Constantine Popa days are long gone.

How many posters made comments like "NIT here we come" throughout the course of the season? The issue (and I really don't care if I get dv'd) is that we have a bunch of bandwagon fans. People that started pulling for the football program in the 90's because they won and were the 'thing' and those same 'fans' also pull for Duke or UNC in basketball because of the same reasons.

The die-hard UM basketball fans are few and far between. But you can tell who they are...

Advertisement
I am so sick of threads like this that bash the program. What short memories many of the posters have... The Constantine Popa days are long gone.

How many posters made comments like "NIT here we come" throughout the course of the season? The issue (and I really don't care if I get dv'd) is that we have a bunch of bandwagon fans. People that started pulling for the football program in the 90's because they won and were the 'thing' and those same 'fans' also pull for Duke or UNC in basketball because of the same reasons.

The die-hard UM basketball fans are few and far between. But you can tell who they are...

As a UM Alumni I am about as die-hard as you can get. I watch every single Football, Baseball, and Basketball game even before I applied to the school. I get into heated arguments with random people at sports bars/games/anywhere if they diss the hurricanes. As a fan I can criticize my coaches when they ***** up. If you want to be a blind homer thats fine, but you cant call the other fans fake fans because they question the coaches.

As a UM Alumni I am about as die-hard as you can get. I watch every single Football, Baseball, and Basketball game even before I applied to the school. I get into heated arguments with random people at sports bars/games/anywhere if they diss the hurricanes. As a fan I can criticize my coaches when they ***** up. If you want to be a blind homer thats fine, but you cant call the other fans fake fans because they question the coaches.
I am also a UM alum...and believe me, you were certainly not one of the posters that I had in mind when making that comment. Some, game in and game out just can't wait to post something negative.

After the UNC game a couple of weeks back, I also questioned why Coach L did not tell them to foul up by 3 with 10 seconds left. But I am so tired of the same posters over and over that bash this program. You know who they are.

The same posters also just cannot wait to bash Newton. As I have said, he may not have been what Larkin was to this program...but seriously? He has been here for 4 years and has given way more than many have that have played for this program. I could go on and on about the Newton issue, but I won't. Palmer, Burnett, Sherman, and Lecomte aren't here any more but Newton stuck it out.

Advertisement
I am also a UM alum...and believe me, you were certainly not one of the posters that I had in mind when making that comment. Some, game in and game out just can't wait to post something negative.

After the UNC game a couple of weeks back, I also questioned why Coach L did not tell them to foul up by 3 with 10 seconds left. But I am so tired of the same posters over and over that bash this program. You know who they are.

The same posters also just cannot wait to bash Newton. As I have said, he may not have been what Larkin was to this program...but seriously? He has been here for 4 years and has given way more than many have that have played for this program. I could go on and on about the Newton issue, but I won't. Palmer, Burnett, Sherman, and Lecomte aren't here any more but Newton stuck it out.

I agree with you about the trolls and I do know who they are. My apologies for calling you out because I agree with you. I just wanted to make the statement because the blind homers are almost as bad(I know you aren't one, just speaking in general). I actually like Newton. Do I get ****ed when he does stupid *** ****. Of course, but at the end of the day he actually wants us to win and cheers on the players that start over him.

Good post. I question the game decisions of Coach L frequently. There are definitely things I wish he did differently. But if you look at the results, he's the best coach we've ever had. If you ask anyone on the outside, there's nothing but praise.

98% of Cane fans love the guy and what he's done for the program, and it's probably 99.9% if you just include students/alums (people who understand how difficult it is to coach at a school like Miami, where so few people even care about basketball). ****, compare us to Illinois, where my brother goes. They just had 500 people show up to watch a borderline top-100 recruit shoot around during an OV, and that;'s coming off a terrible season. Here, we get Vernon Carey on campus and like 5 people even care.

It's really just 3-4 posters on this board and a few other ones that get off on bashing him and want him fired. It's absurd, but you can't reason with those people.

Advertisement
Back