Do we still want Larranaga fired or forced to retire?

Because its pointless to argue with homers. If L is a top 5 coach. We should have a top 8 recruiting class each year. How many kids would turn down a chance to be coached by a top 5 coach and live in Miami for 5 years. We and Jagr want our school be to succesfull. You are happy being a NCAAT team.
Homers? I'm a fan. Been one for as long as I can remember. He's easily by far the best coach we've had since I've been a fan. I did not say he's a top 5 coach. So don't tell me I did. Guys want to be one and done so they go to coach K and Cal. Or they go to schools that have a rich history of winning. Or they go and get paid to play at Arizona or Louisville. Only one team can win it all each year and that is such a hard thing to do. You guys act like it's easy. It's like the hardest sport to win a ship in. I want a title as bad as you guys but I realize it's extremely hard to do!

Advertisement
Hold on a second. You reply to me with "BROKEN RECORD, GET ON BOARD OR GET OUT". Then when I don't say anything back, you get mad that I didn't reply? Pick one of your ten personalities and stick with it, please.
I'm just surprised you didn't respond since you haven't shut up the last several days. That's all. I'm fine without you ever talking about coach L again. He's been great so let's leave it at that for now.

Homers? I'm a fan. Been one for as long as I can remember. He's easily by far the best coach we've had since I've been a fan. I did not say he's a top 5 coach. So don't tell me I did. Guys want to be one and done so they go to coach K and Cal. Or they go to schools that have a rich history of winning. Or they go and get paid to play at Arizona or Louisville. Only one team can win it all each year and that is such a hard thing to do. You guys act like it's easy. It's like the hardest sport to win a ship in. I want a title as bad as you guys but I realize it's extremely hard to do!

I am not asking to become a powerhouse and be in the title conversation each year, but to be in that conversation every once in a while would be great. Yes the elite 1 and done go to K or Cal. Yes the other top kids are going to go to UNC or a handful of other schools, but we should be landing a top 10 class every year. Maimi is the basketball capital right now. All of these kids want to live in Miami. I dont expect us to beat out those 5-6 schools on a regular basis for recruits, but we should clean up the rest of the kids.

I am not asking to become a powerhouse and be in the title conversation each year, but to be in that conversation every once in a while would be great. Yes the elite 1 and done go to K or Cal. Yes the other top kids are going to go to UNC or a handful of other schools, but we should be landing a top 10 class every year. Maimi is the basketball capital right now. All of these kids want to live in Miami. I dont expect us to beat out those 5-6 schools on a regular basis for recruits, but we should clean up the rest of the kids.
Yes I agree with what you're saying except that Miami is the basketball capital. I'm not sure why you say that. Miami is a nice place to live/go to school I'm sure.. But guys want to make it to the NBA and fast. We had a shot at a great recruiting class for next season just to have it destroyed in a matter of a day or 2. The last 2 classes have been great. I'd love to be in the championship talk every now and then. I thought we had a legit shot in 2013 and 2016 but they fell short. I guess Larkin was ill and in 2016 they just ran into Nova who won it all. It's been fun the last few years but I'd definitely like to make a deep run for once.

Miami isn't even close to being the center of the basketball universe right now. Maybe, when LBJ, Bosh and Wade were getting rockstar pub, you could make that case, but that was an while ago. All of these kids don't want to live in Miami, if that was the case, one of the better recruiters that Miami has had would have been able to put together an elite class. Even with L being a solid recruiter, and a successful coach, elite kids have spurned Miami more often than not. Fans forget that while THEY may want to live in Miami, a lot of recruits don't want to. Living in Miami as a college kid, especially one that doesn't come from money is an overrated experience. I know first hand, a lot of guys end up living a lifestyle that is closer to the typical student, compared to the Demi-god status they would have gotten at another major school. An elite player at Kentucky is a huge celebrity, he's just another tall guy at Miami.

Advertisement
Yes I agree with what you're saying except that Miami is the basketball capital. I'm not sure why you say that. Miami is a nice place to live/go to school I'm sure.. But guys want to make it to the NBA and fast. We had a shot at a great recruiting class for next season just to have it destroyed in a matter of a day or 2. The last 2 classes have been great. I'd love to be in the championship talk every now and then. I thought we had a legit shot in 2013 and 2016 but they fell short. I guess Larkin was ill and in 2016 they just ran into Nova who won it all. It's been fun the last few years but I'd definitely like to make a deep run for once.

There is no other city that you will see more NBA players strolling around then in Miami. We even have NBA players practicing at U miami practice facilities. If you follow any of the top NBA players Instagrams they are always in Miami. Marcus Little literally said he loves that fact that Miami is NBA town. Like I said I dont expect us to get 1 and dones especially after we had 3 go lower then expected under L. Huell and Brown didnt even leave after freshman year and Lonnie will not be a lottery pick. Regardless the next tier of players we should have no issue landing them because the location/campus can make up for whatever short falls the coaching staff has that seems to turn kids off from signing with us.

There is no other city that you will see more NBA players strolling around then in Miami. We even have NBA players practicing at U miami practice facilities. If you follow any of the top NBA players Instagrams they are always in Miami. Marcus Little literally said he loves that fact that Miami is NBA town. Like I said I dont expect us to get 1 and dones especially after we had 3 go lower then expected under L. Huell and Brown didnt even leave after freshman year and Lonnie will not be a lottery pick. Regardless the next tier of players we should have no issue landing them because the location/campus can make up for whatever short falls the coaching staff has that seems to turn kids off from signing with us.
I don't think Miami is as popular since LeBron left for Cleveland years ago. When he was in Miami he'd go to the games and attract younger guys. But Miami isn't very good anymore in the NBA. And as for Lonnie...i think he could be a lottery pick but I also hope I'm wrong so he stays another year. If he and brown stay then maybe we get Carey. He said he wants to play with good players. I think those 2 plus huell and lykes would be considered good or very good players.

Miami isn't even close to being the center of the basketball universe right now. Maybe, when LBJ, Bosh and Wade were getting rockstar pub, you could make that case, but that was an while ago. All of these kids don't want to live in Miami, if that was the case, one of the better recruiters that Miami has had would have been able to put together an elite class. Even with L being a solid recruiter, and a successful coach, elite kids have spurned Miami more often than not. Fans forget that while THEY may want to live in Miami, a lot of recruits don't want to. Living in Miami as a college kid, especially one that doesn't come from money is an overrated experience. I know first hand, a lot of guys end up living a lifestyle that is closer to the typical student, compared to the Demi-god status they would have gotten at another major school. An elite player at Kentucky is a huge celebrity, he's just another tall guy at Miami.

Wrong. You will see NBA players on south beach every **** weekend. Especially in the off season. Obviously I dont expect us to steal kids from Kentucky, Duke, UNC, etc. Only a complete ****** would choose to play for L over K, Williams, and Cal. The next tier of kids though would love to live in Miami. Kids like Garyson Allen may not want to live in Miami, but 95% of young black kids which is the type of kid we are going after dream of living in Miami for a few years. All of the rappers and athletes that promote Miami makes it a dream location for all of these kids. Clearly he isnt that great of a recruit if he cant use it to his advantage.

I don't think Miami is as popular since LeBron left for Cleveland years ago. When he was in Miami he'd go to the games and attract younger guys. But Miami isn't very good anymore in the NBA. And as for Lonnie...i think he could be a lottery pick but I also hope I'm wrong so he stays another year. If he and brown stay then maybe we get Carey. He said he wants to play with good players. I think those 2 plus huell and lykes would be considered good or very good players.

I am not talking about Heat players. Literally go on any NBA all stars instagram/twitter and you will see them all in Miami.

Advertisement
Nope. They go down their all the time. Thats where all the IG models are. Miami has the best strip clubs. Miami is a dream city for a young rich athlete.
Okay and the freshmen at Miami are not rich athletes. They are young. And want to either go to a school who is a proven winner or go to a coach who will get you to the NBA. It sucks but it's true. Maybe one day we can consistently get elite classes and win a ship.

Okay and the freshmen at Miami are not rich athletes. They are young. And want to either go to a school who is a proven winner or go to a coach who will get you to the NBA. It sucks but it's true. Maybe one day we can consistently get elite classes and win a ship.

I was talking about why all the NBA players are going there. If you really dont realize that a city FILLED with NBA players is going to attract recruits then I dont know what to tell you. I doubt we will consistently get elite classes unless we can land an elite coach.

Advertisement
I was talking about why all the NBA players are going there. If you really dont realize that a city FILLED with NBA players is going to attract recruits then I dont know what to tell you. I doubt we will consistently get elite classes unless we can land an elite coach.
But nba stars hanging out in Miami isn't attracting elite recruits. That's a fact.

Just WHO would we get to coach this team if Larranaga left? Best thing to happen to Miami basketball. Been a fan of his since he took George Mason to the Final Four......and he had to beg for this job and probably got it because of his last name.

Best coach we've ever had. Period.

But nba stars hanging out in Miami isn't attracting elite recruits. That's a fact.

How old are you? You must be out of the loop. When you are growing up and all you see on IG and twitter is all of you role models hanging out in Miami. Every rapper making music videos in Miami and hanging out with the hottest models. Every rapper talks about Miami, south beach and the 305. 95% of young black kids would love to live in Miami. Even the ones that choose Duke or Kentucky would rather live in Miami then NC or Kentucky, but they know what those schools can do for them. The lower tier schools cant do much more then Miami can so the location would be the tie breaker.

Advertisement
You are still here? I thought I told you to go **** your mother?

Never said i played for the U. Wanted to, would have been a 3rd generation Cane athlete, but Foster wanted nothing to do with me for hoops (he ended up taking a walk on from Atlantic HS that I embarrassed on court) , and frankly, the Canes tennis team was mostly 25-30 year old South Africans I didnt like. I beat their starting no. 4 singles player (some Afrikaner named Chris lowe) 6-2, 6-2 a week before my official visit, and previously beat the no. 2 player in the Sport Goofy tourney. Went to a private school, where I was the first recruit for a new, serious program. Where I could also play hoops, intramural hockey, and box without AD scorn. In 4 years, beat UM, Free Shoes, UF and USF in singles and doubles. Conference singles champion, and my senior year undefeated in doubles, with THREE wins over the no. 1 ranked team and defending National Champions. Lost ONE doubles match in my junior and senior years. Toyed with the UF doubles team so badly, it became a NCAA incident (the cigarettes, fighting, drinking).

And then I got a J.D.

You **** sucking coward.
You got a J.D.? Bragging about that?

Frankly I don’t think you would know an elite coach if you saw one. Recruiting basketball in Miami has never been easy as the kids don’t have the money to as you say enjoy Miami and Miami doesn’t pay them enough. I’ve watched basketball a longtime before you were born and we Have an ELITE COACH regardless of what you say.

Frankly I don’t think you would know an elite coach if you saw one. Recruiting basketball in Miami has never been easy as the kids don’t have the money to as you say enjoy Miami and Miami doesn’t pay them enough. I’ve watched basketball a longtime before you were born and we Have an ELITE COACH regardless of what you say.

Congrats. The game has changed. Im sure Laranaga would have been great with his style of play in the 50s. You don't know what your talking about. Just being able to go to the beach and picking up girls that are hotter then the hottest girls in their whole city at home is enough to sway them. You are incredibly delusional. I am sure it was hard to recruit Miami back when it was a war torn cocaine capital. But now its the coolest city in America and thats coming from a guy from NYC. An elite coach wouldnt have let UNC go on a 82 to 52 run.

Congrats. The game has changed. Im sure Laranaga would have been great with his style of play in the 50s. You don't know what your talking about. Just being able to go to the beach and picking up girls that are hotter then the hottest girls in their whole city at home is enough to sway them. You are incredibly delusional. I am sure it was hard to recruit Miami back when it was a war torn cocaine capital. But now its the coolest city in America and thats coming from a guy from NYC. An elite coach wouldnt have let UNC go on a 82 to 52 run.

You obviously forget that elite coaches as you say like Coach K and Williams let our average coach DESTROY THEM in their National Championship seasons with inferior talent. You are dealing with someone who knows coaching as you obviously don’t. It’s not about the girls on South Beach. It’s about tradition which he has been building and the FBI scam put a big hit on that. We never would have gotten Walker and Brown without an ELITE COACH. Take your argument to junior high school where it belongs youngster.

Advertisement
Back