Do we still want Larranaga fired or forced to retire?

Advertisement
so what did you expect with the talent? media had us fourth with a healthy roster coming into the year -- finished third. Duke is more talented than us and UVA was a machine this year. did you think we should have been better than Duke or UVA?

Not for nothing but don’t “expectations” change or are they completely static?

I'm glad that some sanity exists on the site. Coach L has taken this program to heights never before seen. While I believe it is fair to criticize some aspects of our program -- e.g., our in ability to handle a zone; our lack of defense; 2018 recruiting; etc. -- it is only fair to also consider what this program has accomplished under his tenure and where we are headed. Coach L has developed our program into a consistent winner and NCAA tournament participant, we develop our players, we run a respectable program and play by the rules (I expect that we will eventually be exonerated by the FBI), and I'm pretty optimistic about next year (despite the loss of Newton, and the expected loss of Walker and Brown).

I know there is a tendency to expect our teams to improve and develop in a linear fashion, so that each successive year is better than the last. That's just not realistic, and no program does that. But the overall trend is definitely up, and I am happy to enjoy the ride!

I’m not sure you can criticize 2018 recruiting since our class was destroyed by an FBI investigation that was false

Media always is biased, i expected us to be second behind duke coach L has shown in the past what he can do with teams that had talent this team was the best on paper with talent so i had high expectations for the team, we lost to some bad teams this year which put a bad taste in my mouth, the five game losing streak, this isn’t stuff I expected from a coach L team

every team is going to have some bad losses. the losing streak was 3 games and that did leave a bad taste with me, but they finished the year strong especially coming off the Brown injury. 7-3 in your last 10 conference games and winning 4 straight to end makes up for the low moments of the season. look at clemson -- they're coming into the tournament losing 4 of 6.

Not for nothing but don’t “expectations” change or are they completely static?

expectations def change. to me, they changed once Lonnie had surgery and Brown went down. im thrilled with the finish to the season given everything thats happened. i was just wondering why he felt this season wasn't a success given everything. i could only imagine that comes from having higher expectations going to the season and never budging from that.

Advertisement
Tag you? Is that *** code?

Are you going to answer my question?

*** code? Like you whining like a girl on her period because i had high expectations for the team? Lmao

And yes tag me when you wanna say some stuff to me because just posting my name without me getting a notification is like a girl smack talking to someone about someone another girlish thing you did there

And what was the question? Did i post during the season no not really what does that have to do with the me and what my expectations are with the team and how i follow it, i went to every home game even the pick up games in the beginning of the season i posted in those threads if you wanna check

every team is going to have some bad losses. the losing streak was 3 games and that did leave a bad taste with me, but they finished the year strong especially coming off the Brown injury. 7-3 in your last 10 conference games and winning 4 straight to end makes up for the low moments of the season. look at clemson -- they're coming into the tournament losing 4 of 6.

Im not taking how we finished the year off away never did just stated I expected better from the team, im happy as **** we got top 3 in the conference this stacked people here take things out of context way too much lol

Advertisement
*** code? Like you whining like a girl on her period because i had high expectations for the team? Lmao

And yes tag me when you wanna say some stuff to me because just posting my name without me getting a notification is like a girl smack talking to someone about someone another girlish thing you did there

And what was the question? Did i post during the season no not really what does that have to do with the me and what my expectations are with the team and how i follow it, i went to every home game even the pick up games in the beginning of the season i posted in those threads if you wanna check

Nobody is whining. I am asking questions.

Were the posts in this thread your first in the season?

expectations def change. to me, they changed once Lonnie had surgery and Brown went down. im thrilled with the finish to the season given everything thats happened. i was just wondering why he felt this season wasn't a success given everything. i could only imagine that comes from having higher expectations going to the season and never budging from that.

Bingo except, in terms of actual results, someone may have predicted and got the same thing.

54259301-8967-46D4-80D0-B1C48488E948.webp

Advertisement
Would be nice to advance farther than our seed in the Tourney. Dont think we've ever done that.

Would be nice to advance farther than our seed in the Tourney. Dont think we've ever done that.

Define ever. In 2000 we were a 6 seed and reached the Sweet 16. In 2016 we were a 3 seed and reached the Sweet 16, which is where we were supposed to go.

Advertisement
Define ever. In 2000 we were a 6 seed and reached the Sweet 16. In 2016 we were a 3 seed and reached the Sweet 16, which is where we were supposed to go.

In 2000 we did advance farther than our seed. In '16 we didn't advance "past our seed. (bad break, playing 'Nova in the s16. We could have gone a lot farther in another bracket)

When the dust settled, we finished 3rd, which is crazy considering how up and down this team was. I truly think Coach L was revitalized during the losing streak - the team and coaching staff did not look like they were enjoying themselves, even when they were winning. Maybe it was the FBI probe going away, but the lightbulb went on halfway through February and the team really responded.

If Bruce can come back and contribute, I think this is a team that can make it to the second weekend with the right bracket.

Advertisement
Back