Do we still want Larranaga fired or forced to retire?

Advertisement
Yeah you went to Miami and played on the tennis team. What an Fing joke that is. I'm not sure graduated high school let alone went to Miami Bart.

You are still here? I thought I told you to go **** your mother?

Never said i played for the U. Wanted to, would have been a 3rd generation Cane athlete, but Foster wanted nothing to do with me for hoops (he ended up taking a walk on from Atlantic HS that I embarrassed on court) , and frankly, the Canes tennis team was mostly 25-30 year old South Africans I didnt like. I beat their starting no. 4 singles player (some Afrikaner named Chris lowe) 6-2, 6-2 a week before my official visit, and previously beat the no. 2 player in the Sport Goofy tourney. Went to a private school, where I was the first recruit for a new, serious program. Where I could also play hoops, intramural hockey, and box without AD scorn. In 4 years, beat UM, Free Shoes, UF and USF in singles and doubles. Conference singles champion, and my senior year undefeated in doubles, with THREE wins over the no. 1 ranked team and defending National Champions. Lost ONE doubles match in my junior and senior years. Toyed with the UF doubles team so badly, it became a NCAA incident (the cigarettes, fighting, drinking).

And then I got a J.D.

You **** sucking coward.

Yeah one that’s a freshmen and one that’s not playing.
Packers had Aaron Rodgers on the roster too!

That is a retarded reference, we are talking about talent and this is the most talented team he has had here, two 5 stars could be three becaus espn had huell rated a 5, got lykes, newton, amp all 4 stars, miller was a 4 on espn, brown and walker are projected 1st rounders the only guy that went first round on his previous teams was larkin

Advertisement
This team is NOT the best team he has had here. The 12-13 and 15-16 teams better.

This is actually true, I don't see a debate. Both of those squads would walk this team. They were definitely better, by a good margin. They were also veteran laden teams, which makes the comparison harder. But straight 1-12 vs this squad it's not close.

I like how random people show up and porst. Nothing but quality porsts!

You get gems like these:

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/blake-is-going-to-have-a-tough-decision-to-make-in-2019.129416/

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/when-we-get-a-road-w-in-the-acc.129332/

-------------------------------------

Now back to the question at hand. The answer is FUCCK NO.

Some Random Stuff:

1. The Allegation. An atrocious allegation, based on a 3rd party phone call, sent things on a spiral. I was most concerned that the FBI/DOJ bull**** personally hurt him. It tainted his character, it put his reputation/career in question. He seemed to lose his passion for the game. All based on horse****.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/serious-question-s.130665/

2. Expectations. Sure on paper, this was an extremely talented team. This led to preseason rankings and certain expectations. I am sure many thought we were a top 4 ACC team before the season. I think it is fair to say that some of those expectations were overblown. But with that said, certain criticism was fair. Expectations can change. They start out high, you see how things are developing and they change.

Even when BB was "healthy", we didn't look good out there. We struggled and looked like a team that didn't practice. Remember how bad we played against a simple zone. Most concerning was the regression of BB. Perhaps that early wrist injury explained why his shooting was so poor.

Before BB Goes Down: Even before BB went down and 10 games left in the ACC, it was unlikely we would win 7 of our final 10 (and that was with BB).

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/final-10-acc-games-and-review.129783/

After BB Goes Down: Shortly after that post at 4-4 (8th in the ACC), BB goes down. I am sure expectations changed, for many, at this point.

Either Before or After BB Goes Down, I think many on here wouldn't expect us to finish 3rd in the ACC based on how we started. I think at this point (today), Coach exceeded expectations.

3. Bad Losses. They happen. UNC lost at home to Wofford. The question is whether you can overcome them. The loss that stuck out the most was at BC. It is amazing how much had to go wrong to lose that game. That and Coach being sick (not actually coaching) was a deadly combination. That loss sent us on downfall (3-straight) but we overcame and won our last 4.

4. Going Forward and Finishing the Season. The good news is we're playing well. We're winning games, close games, and doing so at the right time. We're going to go to the NCAAT for the 3rd straight time. Before Coach, we hardly ever made the NCAAT. Now it is becoming the norm.

Now we enter the ACCT with a double bye. My guess, along with many, is we will have a rematch with UNC. This time in a neutral location. This time UNC plays the day before. This is a winnable game. UNC will want blood and to avenge that loss. If we can come out with energy and avoid those long down periods (like against UNC and VT), we can win this game. It would be great if we can get 20 and 10 from Huell and Izundu (combined) as that is making such a tremendous difference.

Regardless of how we perform in the ACCT, I believe we're a 6 seed (at worst).

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

According to Palm, we're the highest ranked 6 seed today. We should have a favorable matchup in this game too.

Just win, baby.

Last edited:
You are still here? I thought I told you to go **** your mother?

Never said i played for the U. Wanted to, would have been a 3rd generation Cane athlete, but Foster wanted nothing to do with me for hoops (he ended up taking a walk on from Atlantic HS that I embarrassed on court) , and frankly, the Canes tennis team was mostly 25-30 year old South Africans I didnt like. I beat their starting no. 4 singles player (some Afrikaner named Chris lowe) 6-2, 6-2 a week before my official visit, and previously beat the no. 2 player in the Sport Goofy tourney. Went to a private school, where I was the first recruit for a new, serious program. Where I could also play hoops, intramural hockey, and box without AD scorn. In 4 years, beat UM, Free Shoes, UF and USF in singles and doubles. Conference singles champion, and my senior year undefeated in doubles, with THREE wins over the no. 1 ranked team and defending National Champions. Lost ONE doubles match in my junior and senior years. Toyed with the UF doubles team so badly, it became a NCAA incident (the cigarettes, fighting, drinking).

And then I got a J.D.

You **** sucking coward.

Both of you need to cease with this BS. Keep the discussion on the thread topic and not each other.

It s a tough call. He gets seriously outcoached sometimes like the first half yesterday. VT had a plan and we did not. His default offense is the slo mo which produced zero for 5 minutes or more yesterday. In his defense his recruiting has been outstanding and he has made excellent progress with Sam,Huell and Izundu. I think the smart move (if we can afford it) would be to sign him one more time and also sign a top offensive assistant coach to help him out. I think a lot of HS seniors are gonna want to play on our team next year with Chris LYkes and company

Advertisement
We threw THREE automatic wins (GT, Cuse, BC), plus two choke and pukes (FSU and Clemson), and have a chance for third in the ACC.

WITH a half court offense that consists of: A: Immediate, off balance 3 (our bread and butter when we have a lead in the last 7 minutes) B: Desperation off balance 3 at the shot clock buzzer (used only when time is no factor) and C: Turnover, and with our best player out with injury. Oh, and we dont play interior defense, and let teams shoot uncontested from the perimeter.

Would be nice to get in a bag man assistant coach, who can recruit that one elite player we need.

Coach L is NOT the problem, he is the Savior.

Now, as for the NCAA Tourney, well...... A history of absolutely sickening performances (besides the '16 loss to elite 'Nova in the S16). Losing to teams that consisted of fans selected at random from the crowd before tip off (last year, that "No Mas" to marquette in the S 16 when we had a Championship contending team but tapped out because someone may have had the snifflres, etc) UF hires a Pee Wee league coach with a scratch program, and they still have more elite 8's than us.

You realize that Shane Larkin shouldn't have been playing in 2013 right? Guy was puking his guts out before the game, the side effects of having a nasty case of the flu. When your starting PG, arguably the best player in the country is barely able to function, it's going to affect your team, no matter how great they are. If you think 2 S16s in three trips is disappointing, then I don't know what to tell you. You realize that Miami didn't have that many IN PROGRAM HISTORY before L arrived, right?

you serious? he has two first rounders on the roster

That doesn't make it the best "team." It might be the most talented. You also have to remember that Walker probably played too soon to start the season because of his injury, or if he didn't, he wasn't 100% either physically or mentally until ACC play started. Then, we lost Brown for what? 10? 11? games. We still finished 22-8, 11-7 and 3rd in the ACC. I guarantee we would have won at least 2 more games with Brown, probably BC and SU.

This is what we've done in the ACC

Haith
16-13, 7-9
18-16, 7-9
12-20, 4-12
23-11, 8-8
19-13, 7-9
20-13, 4-12
21-15, 6-10

L
20-13, 9-7
29-7, 15-3
17-16, 7-11
25-13, 10-8
27-8, 13-5
21-12, 10-8
22-8, 11-7

That doesn't make it the best "team." It might be the most talented. You also have to remember that Walker probably played too soon to start the season because of his injury, or if he didn't, he wasn't 100% either physically or mentally until ACC play started. Then, we lost Brown for what? 10? 11? games. We still finished 22-8, 11-7 and 3rd in the ACC. I guarantee we would have won at least 2 more games with Brown, probably BC and SU.

Haith
16-13, 7-9
18-16, 7-9
12-20, 4-12
23-11, 8-8
19-13, 7-9
20-13, 4-12
21-15, 6-10

L
20-13, 9-7
29-7, 15-3
17-16, 7-11
25-13, 10-8
27-8, 13-5
21-12, 10-8
22-8, 11-7

I guarantee we would have won BC if anyone (including the players themselves) coached that game besides Caputo. But seriously, if Coach was coaching that game, we would have won.

The only people who entertain the notion of replacing Coach L are the football board morons who occasionally glance at basketball final scores, or the faquitty "Duke Bball, Cane Football" fan.

He's the best man for this job. We consistently win 20 games. We are in the thick of the ACC conversation consistently. We are a thorn in Duke's arrogant asses. There aren't 5 better coaches in the country.

Advertisement

Haith
16-13, 7-9
18-16, 7-9
12-20, 4-12
23-11, 8-8
19-13, 7-9
20-13, 4-12
21-15, 6-10

L
20-13, 9-7
29-7, 15-3
17-16, 7-11
25-13, 10-8
27-8, 13-5
21-12, 10-8
22-8, 11-7

i was talking from a talent perspective

Advertisement
That is a retarded reference, we are talking about talent and this is the most talented team he has had here, two 5 stars could be three becaus espn had huell rated a 5, got lykes, newton, amp all 4 stars, miller was a 4 on espn, brown and walker are projected 1st rounders the only guy that went first round on his previous teams was larkin

Nope the comment was we have two first rounders. One is a freshmen and the other is on the bench. So you only have the freshmen first rounder* on the court.

Sure this team has talent but that 2013 team was way better. That team was full of seniors and then had Larkin to distribute the ball. Senior heavy teams beat talented teams all the time in college basketball.

Advertisement
Back