Do we still want Larranaga fired or forced to retire?

Advertisement
Nope the comment was we have two first rounders. One is a freshmen and the other is on the bench. So you only have the freshmen first rounder* on the court.

Sure this team has talent but that 2013 team was way better. That team was full of seniors and then had Larkin to distribute the ball. Senior heavy teams beat talented teams all the time in college basketball.

Is was better in terms of experience and probably better depth but in terms of talent this team is the most talented he has had, im not saying fire him coach L has turned basketball around in this school, ifs fair to criticize him for not producing with the talent we have

Still we have underachieved this year with the talent we have, we looking better now lets see how far we will go

Again, Lonnie was hurt (either mentally or physically) for the first half or 1/3 of the season, and Bruce has been hurt for the last 1/3. We still went 22-8, 11-7 and finished 3rd in the ACC. So........

Again, Lonnie was hurt (either mentally or physically) for the first half or 1/3 of the season, and Bruce has been hurt for the last 1/3. We still went 22-8, 11-7 and finished 3rd in the ACC. So........

So coach L gets no criticism at all, none? None for the losing streak? Dropping the game to duke when we had a huge lead? No criticism at all?

Advertisement
I am happy with L. I do not think a better coach would be willing to come to Miami. With that said lets see how far we actually make it in the NCAAT first.

Still we have underachieved this year with the talent we have, we looking better now lets see how far we will go

How have we underachieved?

We finished 3rd in the ACC, which is above what we were predicted. And we did that with Lonnie being slowed by his recovery the 1st half of the year and Brown missing the second half.

Anybody who can't appreciate what this team has done so far ( basically you) is just a miserable person who needs something to complain about

Advertisement
I can't believe that people really think that this year's team would stay within 10 of the 2012 squad. Not only did that front line have grown men, they had 3-4 legit bodies they could throw out. Julian, Kenny and Reggie were **** good at their individual roles, and a young Tonye Jekiri provided energy off of the bench. Huell would be totally neutralized by Gamble, a physical player that knew how to use his body to push people out of the lane.

6 20 win seasons.

previous 26 years we had 6 20 win seasons. how dumb can anyone be?

Thank you for reminding these idiots about the history of this program, and the place the L brought it too. He's my coach and I am taking that to the bank.

I'm glad that some sanity exists on the site. Coach L has taken this program to heights never before seen. While I believe it is fair to criticize some aspects of our program -- e.g., our in ability to handle a zone; our lack of defense; 2018 recruiting; etc. -- it is only fair to also consider what this program has accomplished under his tenure and where we are headed. Coach L has developed our program into a consistent winner and NCAA tournament participant, we develop our players, we run a respectable program and play by the rules (I expect that we will eventually be exonerated by the FBI), and I'm pretty optimistic about next year (despite the loss of Newton, and the expected loss of Walker and Brown).

I know there is a tendency to expect our teams to improve and develop in a linear fashion, so that each successive year is better than the last. That's just not realistic, and no program does that. But the overall trend is definitely up, and I am happy to enjoy the ride!

Advertisement
LOL coach L can do no wrong

they were picked fourth in the preseason and finished third after injuries to Walker (came into the recovering from surgery) and losing Brown for the season, most likely. Thats our two best players hurt for a stretch of a season.

he expected 30-2 no matter what happened. we finished higher than preseason expectations given everything thats happened. pretty great end to the year.

How have we underachieved?

We finished 3rd in the ACC, which is above what we were predicted. And we did that with Lonnie being slowed by his recovery the 1st half of the year and Brown missing the second half.

Anybody who can't appreciate what this team has done so far ( basically you) is just a miserable person who needs something to complain about

Lmao yall funny one little bit of criticism and im a horrible fan who doesn’t appreciate anything and have a horrible life lmao, all i said was i feel we underachieved with the talent we have Jesus

Advertisement
Lmao yall funny one little bit of criticism and im a horrible fan who doesn’t appreciate anything and have a horrible life lmao, all i said was i feel we underachieved with the talent we have Jesus

so what did you expect with the talent? media had us fourth with a healthy roster coming into the year -- finished third. Duke is more talented than us and UVA was a machine this year. did you think we should have been better than Duke or UVA?

they were picked fourth in the preseason and finished third after injuries to Walker (came into the recovering from surgery) and losing Brown for the season, most likely. Thats our two best players hurt for a stretch of a season.

Still had no business losing to some teams, all i felt is we should have done better this year

so what did you expect with the talent? media had us fourth with a healthy roster coming into the year -- finished third. Duke is more talented than us and UVA was a machine this year. did you think we should have been better than Duke or UVA?

Media always is biased, i expected us to be second behind duke coach L has shown in the past what he can do with teams that had talent this team was the best on paper with talent so i had high expectations for the team, we lost to some bad teams this year which put a bad taste in my mouth, the five game losing streak, this isn’t stuff I expected from a coach L team

Advertisement
Back