DIAMOND HEAD CLASSIC

Advertisement
NMSU is small, so I suspect Huell will shoot a high percentage again. Our backcourt should wear them out too. I think it'll be a tougher test than Hawaii, but we should handle them.

USC is going to be tough in the championship game. Boatwright came back yesterday, as did the other kid Matthews who was out injured. They'll be more like the USC team that started the season hot than the team that dropped three of four games lately. Should be a fun one if we both take care of business in the semis.

If USC beats Middle Tennessee
I hope USC loses but they up 6 now

USC is going to be tough in the championship game. Boatwright came back yesterday, as did the other kid Matthews who was out injured. They'll be more like the USC team that started the season hot than the team that dropped three of four games lately. Should be a fun one if we both take care of business in the semis.

Not for nothing but they lost 3 games before Boatwright and Matthews were injured. They were 4-3 at that point (after that 3rd loss). USC isn't that good.

I am sure Coach L wants revenge against Enfield too.

They looked pretty good today. They were ranked in the top 10 for the first few weeks of the season for a reason. Some good veteran talent on the roster. Hopefully we take care of business tonight and then we'll have a fun matchup in the championship. They'd be the most talented team we've played yet.

We look ***ing awful so far:

- 7 TOs (halfway through the first)
- 1-7 from 3PT
- 5-18 from FG

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good god we are so much better than this team. If we learn to stop turning the ball over we will roll tonight. Lykes is so fun to watch but he goes 100 all the time. Needs to slow down a bit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
8 turnovers now

And like three have been Bruce throwing to a space just vacated by someone. Either nobody knows what they're doing in the offense tonight, or Bruce is having one of those nights.

Not just him unfortunately. Lawrence and Newton each threw one away like that, and maybe I remember Lykes doing it once also. Really sloppy. Shooting like crap from three point range happens to everyone. Doesn't make it less frustrating, but it's at least somewhat normal. The number of shots we've missed at the rim has been tougher to swallow. I know NMSU is scrappy and is contesting everything, but we've missed a bunch from with six feet. Gotta settle down.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back