DIAMOND HEAD CLASSIC

No question we miss both Murphy and Reed. Oh, and what will it take for Bruce Brown to do something about his 27% 3 pt shooting percentage. Like, maybe stop shooting them. It's not impressing the NBA scouts. Neither is JaQuan's 14%. At least JaQuan seems to better know his limitations (only 14 attempts vs BB's 36).

Brown needs to keep shooting them. Shot 35% last year and if he doesn't shoot them, teams will not be guarding 3 guys from behind the 3 point line and is why our offense is so bogged down as it is.

Advertisement
Lykes just went to contact lenses. Maybe BB needs his eyesight checked. Seriously, when a good 3 point and free throw shooter declines like he has, might be a possible solution.

No question we miss both Murphy and Reed. Oh, and what will it take for Bruce Brown to do something about his 27% 3 pt shooting percentage. Like, maybe stop shooting them. It's not impressing the NBA scouts. Neither is JaQuan's 14%. At least JaQuan seems to better know his limitations (only 14 attempts vs BB's 36).

Brown needs to keep shooting them. Shot 35% last year and if he doesn't shoot them, teams will not be guarding 3 guys from behind the 3 point line and is why our offense is so bogged down as it is.

He worked tremendously on it in the offset on as well. Coach L mentioned how much better Brown was at shooting before the season began. Might just be in his head

Advertisement
Walker tweeted that he’ll be fine.

Interesting post game comment from L. Said he made a mistake practicing the team the day of the NMS game and felt it was too much (travel/game/prax/game). It’s not an excuse for losing, but it’s interesting.

not to make excuses but theres no doubt the team was a step slow vs NMSU, the announcers mentioned that due to the time change the canes basically played 2 games on the same day and agree with Corey alexander Huell not getting enough touches/shots

Hey Hotshot. I was a big DR fan but I didn't think his last year for us was that great as I would have liked to see him be more aggressive. I could watch Murph forever. BB IMO will continue to improve. I hate his free throw style though. Look at the basket before you shoot it son. He plays hard on defense so I like him in there. What we have is a group of scorers at guard Lykes,BB,Newt and I guess DJ who probably hardly ever gave up the ball in HS. My question for coach is where is the weave? We are awful at ball rotation so why are we just standing around? Get the guys moving to try and create something. EIU made us look very bad in that dept its maddening to me.

Hey Hotshot. I was a big DR fan but I didn't think his last year for us was that great as I would have liked to see him be more aggressive. I could watch Murph forever. BB IMO will continue to improve. I hate his free throw style though. Look at the basket before you shoot it son. He plays hard on defense so I like him in there. What we have is a group of scorers at guard Lykes,BB,Newt and I guess DJ who probably hardly ever gave up the ball in HS. My question for coach is where is the weave? We are awful at ball rotation so why are we just standing around? Get the guys moving to try and create something. EIU made us look very bad in that dept its maddening to me.

Reed averaged 15 ppg, 4.8 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 1.5 steals, shot 83% from the FT line and 40% from 3s. Not sure what else you wanted him to do.

Brown has been playing with a hurt wrist since the Minnesota game.

Advertisement
Coach L and the team is still sorting out which of these players is gonna take the leadership role on offense. A lot of talent here but one of them needs to seize that mantle and say, I'm taking the key shot (and showing I can make it).

Huell's been the most consistent player thus far but I think that leader needs to be Walker or Brown. One of them has to be the guy who can consistently give us 20 ppg. Either is capable but whether it's injury, confidence or acclimation, one or both needs to step up, and now.

Lykes just went to contact lenses. Maybe BB needs his eyesight checked. Seriously, when a good 3 point and free throw shooter declines like he has, might be a possible solution.

He hurt his wrist/hand during the GW game.

He was 9-22 from 3PT to start the season (including GW).

Since then he is 1-14.

Brown shot ~36% from 3PT last year. He was ~41% before the injury.

You're either well enough to play or you're not. Playing, and shooting 1-14 on your threes and 50% or less on your FTs, is arguably not helping. If you're gonna play hurt, gotta adjust your game to at least lay off the 3 pt attempts until that hand/wrist heals.

You're either well enough to play or you're not. Playing, and shooting 1-14 on your threes and 50% or less on your FTs, is arguably not helping. If you're gonna play hurt, gotta adjust your game to at least lay off the 3 pt attempts until that hand/wrist heals.

Insanely atrocious porst. Keep up the good work.

Advertisement
Haven't been on in a week, but man that was a lackluster performance in Hawaii.

The Loss was on Coach L, I could not understand what he was doing. Lykes had one of the worst first halfs I can remember in a while, sits him the entire second, until the last few minutes and throws him in?

This team needs to run an offense and not run iso sets. I'm a little worried about the lack of competition we have faced heading into ACC play. This is our most TALENTED team ever, so hope they get it together, I just booked flights down to Miami for the Duke game, couldn't miss it.

Lonnie Walker is going to need to do another tour. I think that Bruce is ready though. Its obvious that he understands the game, and that its slowed down for him. He's just struggling with his shot right now.

Lykes sometimes tries to play faster than his ability allows. If he catches up with his natural quickness he will be unguardable.

This is still going to be a Great 8 year for us.

Advertisement
Lonnie Walker is going to need to do another tour. I think that Bruce is ready though. Its obvious that he understands the game, and that its slowed down for him. He's just struggling with his shot right now.

Lykes sometimes tries to play faster than his ability allows. If he catches up with his natural quickness he will be unguardable.

This is still going to be a Great 8 year for us.

That's a pretty big thing to struggle with. Hope the talk of injury affecting his shot is valid.

We need TEAM development. They are not playing as a team half court. Get some motion going already. I hate to see guys standing around wagging their tails for a 3 as the shot clock keeps ticking. C.mon coach get these guys moving.

Advertisement
Back