DIAMOND HEAD CLASSIC

Advertisement
This is a very suspect team! Struggling against New Mex and now Middle Tenn! Lots to work on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need a little run and build a lead. The way we shoot free throws, and the fact that MTSU is already in the bonus is bad news if it stays this tight. But, again, we're not good at pairing buckets with stops so I guess I'll expect it to stay this close.

Advertisement
New Mexico State and Middle Tennessee State are better than several ACC teams both made the ncaa tourney last season iirc.

Freaking offensive rebounds. Unbelievable how many second chance points we've given up the last two games against teams that aren't particularly big.

Advertisement
These refs are killing me with the amount of whistle. 40 personal fouls already! Brutal to watch... Especially bc we give away so many points at the line.

Bruce Brown missed FTs down the stretch are going to cost us for a 2nd straight game.

Advertisement
Hey! A couple baskets in a row (thanks to another offensive foul).

But then we commit a foul on a loose ball with a guy lying on the floor??? Seriously?? Not the way to finish a game.

Brown almost lost that layup on the way up. The ball has slipped through our hands a lot in this tournament. Weird.

Canes alum here and life-long MTSU fan -- gotta say I am very disappointed on how this game ended up. Was really hoping it would be a cleanly-called game and two teams battling it out to the end but **** that "offensive" foul at the end against Nick King (in my opinion as a fan of both programs, that was a missed call - and Canes took advantage with a three right after, final margin... 3) was just killer for the Raiders. So glad to see the Canes finally doing something GOOD on offense in the second half but the way this game was won for UM makes me nauseous as a fan of both programs. I am disappointed in how questionable the ending appeared, but glad Miami got the win.

That aside, I think the team definitely started to show some more confidence on offense, especially in the last 3/4 of the game. A lot of that seems to come from the defense. First ten minutes the guys just kind of watched MT shoot at will. But changing that really turned the tides. When driving inside, guards can make big plays happen and draw fouls from bigs like Walters who reach literally every time (a pet peeve of mine). The 1-3-1 defense the Raiders run is hard to play against but the passing especially late in the game was on point for the Canes. MT is probably better than half of ACC teams so hopefully this will give the guys some confidence for conference play.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Whew. Shot well in the second half. Actually shot pretty well in all but the first seven minutes. MTSU shot well in the second half too though, and we gave them a lot of points at the line, on turnovers, and on second chance points. Surprised our defense wasn't better. Rebounding looks like it could be an issue based on the last couple games. NMSU and MTSU are actually pretty good teams, but not top half of the ACC. We'll have to be better and more consistent.

Canes alum here and life-long MTSU fan -- gotta say I am very disappointed on how this game ended up. Was really hoping it would be a cleanly-called game and two teams battling it out to the end but **** that "offensive" foul at the end against Nick King (in my opinion as a fan of both programs, that was a missed call - and Canes took advantage with a three right after, final margin... 3) was just killer for the Raiders. So glad to see the Canes finally doing something GOOD on offense in the second half but the way this game was won for UM makes me nauseous as a fan of both programs. I am disappointed in how questionable the ending appeared, but glad Miami got the win.

There were a lot of questionable foul calls but that wasnt one of them

Advertisement
Back