DIAMOND HEAD CLASSIC

Advertisement
I'm curious to see our D performs vs King. He's potent near the basket and any lackluster effort on the rebounding front will be punished.

MTSU's bench talent is non existent, 3 of their starters fouled out against Auburn and that was good enough to make the difference. So, there's that.

Here's to seeing some intensity tonight. Can't sleepwalk past these guys.

Auburn may be better than us. Pearl's team put an impressive 25 point beat down on UConn. I know the Huskies aren't what they used to be but ... still very impressive. We can't score 60 points against GW; can't score 55 against NMSU. Our offense is weak right now. Who's our 20 point a night scorer? Balance is fine but ... need that "go to" guy to emerge.

Lonnie Walker needs to pick up his game big time if the team is going to be real good. Except for the BU game he has been a big disappointment.

Honestly, this was a bad loss. It has nothing to do with losing to NMSU, per se. They may make the NCAAT, they may not. It has to do with the way we lost. We were outworked and out hustled all night.

With that said, teams lose in basketball. This isn't new. That doesn't excuse our performance but teams do lose. I guess this is news to some of the potatoes that choose to come out and porst during these times.

The Really Bad:

- NMSU had 14 offensive rebounds
- We had 14 TOs, 11 in the first half (NMSU had 12 points off TOs in the first half)
- We shot 2-18 from 3PT
- We shot 18-53 from FGs
- The offense still needs a lot of work.
- Miller is nowhere close to being ready to playing quality burn, not sure if he ever will be ready either.
- Waardenburg also had some of the worst minutes out there as well.

The Weird:

- As bad as we played, we cut it to 1 point with 1:25 left in the game. We play some solid D and Lofton shoots a 3 from ~5 feet behind the line and hits it.

The Good:

- We went 16-22 from the FTL, Brown went 7-9. Huge improvements.

Side note: You can always tell when a potato porsts because they only come out when things are bad. Have some bleach on me.
No thanks on the bleach, enjoy it with your family tonight. It’s obvious that teams do lose but like many I had hope that they could win this tournament which was supposed to be dominated by the 6th ranked team in the nation. USC was supposed to be our tough game in this Ruddy Pooh Tournament. Is it wrong having high expectations for your 6th nationally ranked team? I don’t think so. Yes in college basketball unlike college football it’s ok to drop a few games cause you can suck and get hot and win your Conference tournament and your in. But come on they are the highest ranked team in the Classic.

Can you clean this up so it makes some sense?
You drank the bleach already?

No, I just prefer english and sentences that make sense.
I see you’re one of those F@cks that thinks he’s smarter than everyone else acting like we’re in school or it’s a spelling contest, get the foh. I’ve wasted enough time with your ***** @ss. Drink up......

Advertisement
Lonnie Walker needs to pick up his game big time if the team is going to be real good. Except for the BU game he has been a big disappointment.

Well, he certainly hasn't been anything close to Trae Young, 5 star true frosh who's leading the country in scoring for Oklahoma.

Advertisement
USC just won. NMSU actually was up by 5 with 2 minutes left but couldn't hold on. USC benefitted from a bizarre refereeing decision to tie the game with a minute left. Then on their next possession Boatwright hit a three from way behind the arc as the shot clock expired. Should have been our tournament but we couldn't hit shots and USC's kid hit one to clinch it.

Larranga's offense is terrible

Since L has been here, he's had what he's referred to as an offensive coordinator and a defensive coordinator. I'm not sure which one Konkel was and which one Huger was, but the offense hasn't been the same since they left.

Bruce Brown has regressed so much this year it’s scary. Newton has gotten worse each year he’s been here. 2013 was an anomaly folks. We are a middle of the road ACC team at best

Ugly first few minutes for us. MTSU has hit a couple tough shots and created a couple easy ones. We on the other hand haven't hit a bucket since the first minute. That includes Newton blowing a 2-1 breakaway. 14-4 after five minutes...

Advertisement
MTSU is now 8-11 and we're 2-9. And we're being outrebounded 7-2! Losing 19-6. The law of averages says that shooting percentage has to change, but jeez, dig a much bigger hole than that and our offense won't be capable of coming back.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No thanks on the bleach, enjoy it with your family tonight. It’s obvious that teams do lose but like many I had hope that they could win this tournament which was supposed to be dominated by the 6th ranked team in the nation. USC was supposed to be our tough game in this Ruddy Pooh Tournament. Is it wrong having high expectations for your 6th nationally ranked team? I don’t think so. Yes in college basketball unlike college football it’s ok to drop a few games cause you can suck and get hot and win your Conference tournament and your in. But come on they are the highest ranked team in the Classic.

Can you clean this up so it makes some sense?
You drank the bleach already?

No, I just prefer english and sentences that make sense.
I see you’re one of those F@cks that thinks he’s smarter than everyone else acting like we’re in school or it’s a spelling contest, get the foh. I’ve wasted enough time with your ***** @ss. Drink up......

I didn't mention spelling. I just can't understand your attempt at making a point.

BTW: Why 6 periods to end your porst?

4-12 and 5 turnovers...

Already can be shooting two free throws every single time if we play with any offensive intention.

Advertisement
Back